Jets defense in for a long night?

Rhg1084

Just now, Beerfish said:

Mosley is good but he is an ilb, quinnen has done nothing so far and is an interior dlineman.  We won;t get squashed because of those two positions.

Correct.  The mosely stuff is waaaaaaay overblown.  The defense was gassed last game.  The offense couldnt sustain drives which left our d out there all game.

Most fans think we fell apart cause mosely got hurt but that wasnt it.  Its that they were gassed and couldnt run anymore.

We will be fine tonight.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  The mosely stuff is waaaaaaay overblown.  The defense was gassed last game.  The offense couldnt sustain drives which left our d out there all game.

Most fans think we fell apart cause mosely got hurt but that wasnt it.  Its that they were gassed and couldnt run anymore.

We will be fine tonight.

Famous last words lol ... I think it gets ugly 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mosley is good but he is an ilb, quinnen has done nothing so far and is an interior dlineman.  We won;t get squashed because of those two positions.

Agreed, we won't lose because we don't have Mosely or Q. Williams.  We'll lose because we're not a very good football team, and the Browns are better.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will be fine tonight.

This is simply incorrect as is almost every single 'our defense is gassed' posts ever on this site over the years.

Time of possession

Jets: 32:01

Bills: 27:59

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's almost as if you didn't watch the end of the game when the defense folded immediately following Mosley's departure. 

Just because ILB isn't as important as an edge rusher there are special players that play a significant role for a defense. Mosley was clearly one of those players last week.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's almost as if you didn't watch the end of the game when the defense folded immediately following Mosley's departure. 

Just because ILB isn't as important as an edge rusher there are special players that play a significant role for a defense. Mosley was clearly one of those players last week.

That was a weak analysis from the 1st time it was uttered that the jets folded all because of Mosley going out.  Unless people can tangibly point to all the plays his replacement ilb caused damage I will put that aside for the most part.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That was a weak analysis from the 1st time it was uttered that the jets folded all because of Mosley going out.  Unless people can tangibly point to all the plays his replacement ilb caused damage I will put that aside for the most part.

Mosley calls all the defensive plays. It's not only the plays he makes (which were pretty evident through the first 3 quarters) it's his ability to read an offense and put the rest of the defense in the right formation.  

It's the reason Gase was dumb enough to leave Avery Williamson in the second half of a meaningless pre-season game so that he could make sure the other players were where they needed to be so he could properly evaluate all the players. Losing Williamson in pre-season and then Mosley in week 1 took it's toll. If you can't see that because you've been blinded by the "OMG only edge rushers and Cornerbacks matter" mentality I can't help you. 

Not to mention the Bills only started to break a couple of nice running plays after Mosley left the game. So yeah, losing Mosley was definitely a big factor in us losing (Darnold having mono, Anderson tripping and a bunch of other issues also played a role). 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will be fine tonight.

The team getting "gassed" is supposed to make me feel better?  They are down players and shortening the rotation.  If they were that "gassed" we are ****ed.  Siemian is going to sustain drives and keep us rested?  Mosley not being there to make the calls and reducing our ability to make adjustments would certainly have given me more hope than your scenario. 

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed, we won't lose because we don't have Mosely or Q. Williams.  We'll lose because we're not a very good football team, and the Browns are better.

Right now the Browns have shown nothing other they can be dominated by an average  Tn. Team. I think Tn. Will finish  no better than 8-8 this season. We probably lose because we don't  have a lot of talent and our OL is mess bit I'm not looking at the Browns like they are world beaters. 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The team getting "gassed" is supposed to make me feel better?  They are down players and shortening the rotation.  If they were that "gassed" we are ****ed.  Siemian is going to sustain drives and keep us rested?  Mosley not being there to make the calls and reducing our ability to make adjustments would certainly have given me more hope than your scenario. 

I do believe simien will sustain drives.  Anything is better then that dreck that was put out there on offense last week.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not so down on Siemian. He has experience and isn't  past his prime. He's  the first legit backup QB we have had here since Blake. I think he might be ok for a few games

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

I am just glad the Jets are paying Leonard Williams $14mm this year.  We could have use that cap space to cut Trumaine and Enunwa.  

Incredible how bad that Trumaine Johnson contract is.  If we were to try to cut him right now, we'd get a dead cap hit of $12M and save zero in cap space.  

The earliest we can reasonably rid ourselves of him is June 1, 2020 when we'd save $11M in cap space and incur a $4M dead cap hit.  

Meh, way too much is being made about this and it's just another excuse to lose.  This is simple; just move Adams to Mosley position, it's where he excels anyway and run Miles and Maye at Safety.  1 player shouldnt be the reason you lose and Q. Will doesnt get to be called a player yet. 

Get Bell going, sustain drives and let Williams cook something up against an offense he knows.  The Browns suck too.  This shouldnt be a rollover and die situation for the Jets.  All the pressure is on the Browns and they have karma working against them because they're a team of sh*tbags led by the biggest sh*tbag of all sh*tbags.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And who replaces them?

Quinnen Williams replaces Leonard Williams.  Currently, when healthy, QW is coming off the bench. 

You do realize a defense doesn't need 3 DT's to be effective right?  In fact, we've sucked no matter how many DT's we have, because it's not an important position UNLESS your DT is a pass rushing beast.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Stay in the nickel and don’t blitz 

only way our defense doesnt get lit up tonight

Baker will pick that sh*t apart.  What he cant handle, is pressure.  He folds up like the little bitch he is when he's hit.  Hit him and hit him again and hit him again, while he's still on the ground.  Bring back bounty gate for him.  Knock the little bitch out of the game. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Quinnen Williams replaces Leonard Williams.  Currently, when healthy, QW is coming off the bench. 

You do realize a defense doesn't need 3 DT's to be effective right?  In fact, we've sucked no matter how many DT's we have, because it's not an important position UNLESS your DT is a pass rushing beast.  

"We could have use that cap space to cut Trumaine and Enunwa."

So QW is replacing one of those two players?

LW wasn't  part of the question. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

"We could have use that cap space to cut Trumaine and Enunwa."

So QW is replacing one of those two players?

LW wasn't  part of the question. 

Trumaine needs to be replaced by a draft pick.  Buying corners doesn't work in the NFL, because no one let's good ones go.  Bite the bullet and use a 1st round pick on a CB.  

Enunwa can't stay healthy, so he's constantly needing replacement anyways.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Baker will pick that sh*t apart.  What he cant handle, is pressure.  He folds up like the little bitch he is when he's hit.  Hit him and hit him again and hit him again, while he's still on the ground.  Bring back bounty gate for him.  Knock the little bitch out of the game. 

No

If you constantly blitz Baker he will just do that quick pass sh*t to his first read that’s what he did to Bowles last year

And our CBs are even worse this year none can cover man to man so he’s always going to have his first read open

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trumaine needs to be replaced by a draft pick.  Buying corners doesn't work in the NFL, because no one let's good ones go.  Bite the bullet and use a 1st round pick on a CB.  

Trumaine might not survive this season I think he might end up getting cut by December 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That isn't  true. Talib went to another team when he was young, So did Darby. Even Revis went to other teams before he sucked. 

• Upvote 1