Angry Giants fans can't leave fast enough.

joewilly12

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

New York Jets Message Board

Talk about Adam Gase, Joe Douglas, the NY Jets and the NFL here.

Fair enough. It bugs me too when people try to “police the forum”.  Heck, recently I was making fun of someone for doing that exact thing.  

My point was more about questioning why we need to try to “rub it in” when the Giants are struggling.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fair enough. It bugs me too when people try to “police the forum”.  Heck, recently I was making fun of someone for doing that exact thing.  

My point was more about questioning why we need to try to “rub it in” when the Giants are struggling.  

nah - I think "rubbing it in" would be posting that article on a giants forum.  I don't understand why when we see threads about AB, or "Dolphins 2019 highlights", etc it's ok, but the second someone says something about the midgets, people get very defensive on this board?

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

nah - I think "rubbing it in" would be posting that article on a giants forum.  I don't understand why when we see threads about AB, or "Dolphins 2019 highlights", etc it's ok, but the second someone says something about the midgets, people get very defensive on this board?

Because there are some Giant fans disguised as Jet fans here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I would happily laugh at the Dolphins and Pats when applicable. I guess it’s that I don’t see the Giants in the same way and it feels silly to me to treat them as a rival.  OTOH, as a Met fan, I can’t stand the Yankees so I understand/can relate to the basic idea.  

I guess “to each their own”.  I’ll retract my point.  Laugh away if you want to. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Misery loves company and when the other guy is the one getting kicked in the ding ding it's even better as it isn't you walking funny after, at least not that moment. Plus, maybe not your experience, Giants fans like to rub it in with regard to the Jets generally not being too good.

4 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Because there are Jets fans who desperately want to prove they don't have an inferiority complex and perceive hating the Giants to be a symptom of that.

Personally, the Dolphins and Giants being terrible this year is one of the few good things of 2019 NFL. Between mono, the Jets likely stinking and the Pats possibly going undefeated it's nice to have 1 or 2 things that make me smile.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is why drafting Saquon at the start of a rebuild was awfully stupid. By the time the Giants have this figured out Barkley will be in year 4 and demanding a monster contract that teams now realize are not a smart move. 

If the Giants fall completely out of the playoff hunt the Giants would be wise to sit Barkley the last few games of the year. 

Couldn't agree more.  If they're as bad this year as they've looked the 1st 2 games then they're about to waste 2 years of Saquon.  They may as well keep him fresh for next year.  The lifespan of RBs isn't great so they shouldn't waste his carries.  But it still amazes me that they took him over Sam when they know how short the peak of a RB's career is.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea why Giants fans expected the team to be good this year.  Say what you will about Jets fans, but years like 2017 and 2014 we knew we were going to suck, it's not like it was some stunning, unexpected surprise.

Giants are rolling out the same team as last year with less offensive weapons and an even older quarterback in an offensive league.

SAR I

you can add 2019 as well. 

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Couldn't agree more.  If they're as bad this year as they've looked the 1st 2 games then they're about to waste 2 years of Saquon.  They may as well keep him fresh for next year.  The lifespan of RBs isn't great so they shouldn't waste his carries.  But it still amazes me that they took him over Sam when they know how short the peak of a RB's career is.

Too funny.  Jet fans are concerned about the lifespan of a 22 year old player.  Unreal.

Hes there to take the pressure of the rookie franchise qb who will be starting within a few weeks.

An absolute amazing job by the giants taking a HOF running back the year b4 the franchise qb.  Thats the way you do it.

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Too funny.  Jet fans are concerned about the lifespan of a 22 year old player.  Unreal.

Hes there to take the pressure of the rookie franchise qb who will be starting within a few weeks.

An absolute amazing job by the giants taking a HOF running back the year b4 the franchise qb.  Thats the way you do it.

A RB's age is far less important than his mileage.  And even if Saquon has a longer-than-average career for a RB, he'll probably only have a few years of being at his peak.  And when he's no longer at his peak, he'll probably be replaceable, like most RBs.  Plus the Giants might feel obliged to pay him big bucks after his rookie contract is up because they invested so much in him.  That would mean he'd be overpaid while no longer at his peak.

I couldn't disagree with you more regarding your last paragraph.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The media LOVES the giants so they are always expected to be at least middle of the pack

Say what you want the jets played the bills a helluva lot tougher week one

Oh and Shurmur is Todd Bowles 2.0

Your right... Bob Papa was on before the season and was adament the Giants were gonna win 9 or 10 games...  Eli to win Come back player of year....  LOL