It will be interesting to see how these rankings change over the course of the year with Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph, Rosen, and Darnold all starting.

Right now Jackson is clear #1

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 10

Sam Darnold will lead the NY Jets to a super bowl win so I am okay with that.

• Like 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

Sam Darnold will lead the NY Jets to a super bowl win so I am okay with that.

not so sure, I mean after beating beastly teams like the Phins and Cards, Lamar is CLEARLY #1!!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wanted Darnold above all other QB's.  Still like him better than anyone but Mayfield.  And Mayfield still might be a ticking timebomb.  A minor injury last year and mono this year shouldn't change the long-term view on Darnold.  

1.  Mayfield  (+ 2 spots for me since draft night 2018)

2.  Darnold  (- 1)

3.  Jackson  (+ 1)

4.  Allen (+ 1)

5.  Rosen (- 3)

So if they jets were 2-0 with lamar jackson tearing up the league, you would be on this board calamoring for sam darnold?

Time to get honest and remove the green glasses bro.

There are 3 qbs from last years draft head and shoulders above darnold and at this point, sam is closer to 5 then he is 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if they jets were 2-0 with lamar jackson tearing up the league, you would be on this board calamoring for sam darnold?

There are 3 qbs from last years draft head and shoulders above darnold and at this point, sam is closer to 5 then he is 3.

they wouldn't be 2-0 with Lamar.  Jets aren't lucky enough to play the dolphins and cards in weeks 1 and 2....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lol

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, you're an annoyance and nothing you say is interesting.

Go delete your account.  No one likes you and you're a waste of bandwidth.  

There is no reason to act like a 12 year old.  I am embarassed for you.

Simply put me on ignore and move on.

If you are re-evaluating on a weekly basis, you probably never had much of a conviction one way or the other. I still think Darnold and Mayfield will be the two best QBs out of that class, in the long run. 

I think all of them can be solid starters. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lmao, tearing up the league after beating the worst team in the sport and the cardinals at home (barely) in back to back weeks. 

Sure buddy

• Upvote 2

this list is borderline silly.  it's way too early to tell which way any of these guys will do.  i'll give jackson the best chance of showing something early simply because he has the best organization around him.  and as long as gase/douglas is competent we'll see darnold showing something really soon and that something will be pretty darn good.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lmao, tearing up the league after beating the worst team in the sport and the cardinals at home (barely) in back to back weeks. 

Sure buddy

If he would have lost to them and/or looked bad, the same people who are talking about "those teams are terrible" and "it's only week 2" would be coming out the woodworks to crap all over him as well as push the "wide receiver cosplaying QB" narrative.

Give Lamar his just due 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, King P said:

If he would have lost to them and/or looked bad, the same people who are talking about "those teams are terrible" and "it's only week 2" would be coming out the woodworks to crap all over him as well as push the "wide receiver cosplaying QB" narrative.

Give Lamar his just due 

Lamar has been very good, but saying that he is "tearing up the league" is preposterous hyperbole

• Upvote 1

We did this yesterday in another thread but here goes...

1. Mayfield    (it's not close)

2. Tie Allen and Jackson     

4. Darnold   

5. Rosen    

Rudolph looked good yesterday coming in cold off the bench, but who knows?

BTW Murray wasn't in the '18 draft, but it looks like he's well on his way to shutting up the haters...

You flavor of the week Lamar Jackson nutswingers are silly. You're the same people who think of you hit a HR on opening day you're going to hit 162 on the year. 

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We did this yesterday in another thread but here goes...

1. Mayfield (not close)

2. Tie Allen and Jackson

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

Rudolph looked good yesterday coming in cold off the bench, but who knows?

BTW Murray wasn't in the '18 draft, but it looks like he's well on his way to shutting up the haters...

Murray has looked better in his first 2 starts than any two of Darnolds starts. 

This thread is depressing, it looks like of the 5 qbs taken we may have gotten one of the worst

• Upvote 2

I had Mayfield and Darnold as 1A and 1B. Allen, Rosen and Jackson were all tier 2. I assumed we were getting one of the tier 2 guys, since we didn’t have a top-2 pick. Then Gettleman happened.

1 hour ago, funaz said:

This thread is depressing, it looks like of the 5 qbs taken we may have gotten one of the worst

Eh, we got a good prospect but gave him by far the 2nd worst situation. Rosen to AZ being worst, but we aren’t far behind. Buffalo has actually been a smart franchise since firing Rex, making good, prudent roster moves.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

Lol, far too early to tell. 

It’s tough not to be hard on Darnold. I still think he’s got it though.

I’m like a lot fans at the moment very angry, and pissed off.

The brutal early schedule, combined with the ridiculous events of the last week will affect the whole 2019 season.

Its hard to look to the off season after one game. Although In reality I think that will be the case after the next two games. 

I see the Jets having a fire sale by mid year. The GM is safe, and none of these players are his. Gase will be one and done.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

At this current moment 

1. Jackson - who I was completely wrong about

2. Mayfield- he’s pretty much what I thought. A better version of Johnny Football that’s just as much of a douche bag

3. Allen - he is who I thought he’d be

4. Rosen - I was wrong about him. I thought he’d be one of the best QBs in this draft and he’s ****ing sh*t

5. Mason - blah

6. Darnold - unavailable but top 2 or 3 when healthy 

• Upvote 1

No it won’t be interesting. 

The only one that matters is Darnold. The rest...can go flunk themselves

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is no reason to act like a 12 year old.  I am embarassed for you.

Simply put me on ignore and move on.

THIS.

Although, I hafta say...   my list is greatern 20...  it takes time to weed the garden...  kind of a pain...

Not sure why the opening poster is getting so many down votes.  It is a good question, he specifically states thst it will be interesting how it changes throughout the season.  

Jackson has played better than everyone else this year.  Nothing controversial about any of that.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, King P said:

Give Lamar his just due 

i think W/L record is the way to evaluate this and that LJ would be winning....

36 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

You flavor of the week Lamar Jackson nutswingers are silly. You're the same people who think of you hit a HR on opening day you're going to hit 162 on the year. 

his starting record is 8-1....      7 games last year

Don't get too crazy about Allen.  Let's see how he looks in a few months.   

Jackson looks good, if the team was ready to switch to that type of offense.  The Jets were not, and still are not.  

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold certainly hasn't  distinguished  himself yet but once we get an OL in front of him where he isn't  running for his life, I think he will come out on  top.

You just can't  judge him when free rushers are coming at him up the middle all game. Maybe not having Mono would help as well

• Upvote 1