Westhoff on Jets kicking situation..

NYJ1

18 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Jets pregame Jeane Coakley just interviewed Mike Westhoff about the Jets kicking mess. What he said was that he would have ended up getting fired or on Rikers Island if the Jets let Myers go on his watch. I also know that if Westy had been forced to endure this, he would have had at least two kickers in camp. Not just one at a time and would have sulked in the corner when his ONE kicker didn't perform well. Honestly, sometimes I wonder what kind of idiots are running this team?

Yes because it's Douglas fault we dont have a kicker. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Yes because it's Douglas fault we dont have a kicker. 

Well, if it isn't his, then whose is it? He was hired back in May, correct? He had almost 3 months to get more than one kicker in camp, correct? Then, after Catanzaro suddenly retired, he went out just ONE again. Is that his fault? After this kicking sh*t show tears it's ugly head against Buffalo. He cuts a guy that the Jets never even worked out and gets FIVE kickers in to compete for the job.

Now couldn't he, or better yet, SHOULDN'T HE have gotten at least TWO kickers n camp all along?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Jets pregame Jeane Coakley just interviewed Mike Westhoff about the Jets kicking mess. What he said was that he would have ended up getting fired or on Rikers Island if the Jets let Myers go on his watch. I also know that if Westy had been forced to endure this, he would have had at least two kickers in camp. Not just one at a time and would have sulked in the corner when his ONE kicker didn't perform well. Honestly, sometimes I wonder what kind of idiots are running this team?

Well, the GM who let him go isn't on the team anymore.

This offseason was a cluster

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Well, the GM who let him go isn't on the team anymore.

This offseason was a cluster

Correct. And I'm not blaming Douglas for that. I haven't mentioned anything about Myers in reference to Douglas. But WHY do you go into t.c. With only ONE kicker. I'm still trying to figure that one out? It's not like he couldn't have made changes at least? Or added an additional kicker for COMPETITIONS sake?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Correct. And I'm not blaming Douglas for that. I haven't mentioned anything about Myers in reference to Douglas. But WHY do you go into t.c. With only ONE kicker. I'm still trying to figure that one out? It's not like he couldn't have made changes at least? Or added an additional kicker for COMPETITIONS sake?

Totally agree.   

Macy's last season was a joke.  Literally anyone  could have done better.

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Did she ask him:

What his mindset would be if he was the special teams coordinator??

and

How frustrating is it to see the kicking game struggle??

Thanks God I'm not the only one who notices what a complete twit this woman is.  Biggest media market in the country and this is the best SNY can do for Jets coverage?  Very disappointing.

12 hours ago, Duckman said:

Thanks God I'm not the only one who notices what a complete twit this woman is.  Biggest media market in the country and this is the best SNY can do for Jets coverage?  Very disappointing.

"What was coach's message to the team?"