Offensive line play

Jet hustle

5 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's not the talent. There are free runners everywhere. That's not getting beat, that's not knowing your assignments. These guys are lost. And the scheme is bad to boot. I used to coach OL.  These guys going unblocked on the edge? That's by design.  But you cant do that with nfl speed. This team needs to figure out what it wants its line to do, add a fullback for Bell, and get a real blocking TE.  otherwise it's a muddled mess til December. 

You are correct but it's both. We saw all these free rushers last week. It should have been a major point of emphasis this week to correct the communication on blocking assignments.

They didn't fix sh*t. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's not the talent. There are free runners everywhere. That's not getting beat, that's not knowing your assignments. These guys are lost. And the scheme is bad to boot. I used to coach OL.  These guys going unblocked on the edge? That's by design.  But you cant do that with nfl speed. This team needs to figure out what it wants its line to do, add a fullback for Bell, and get a real blocking TE.  otherwise it's a muddled mess til December. 

The talent is dreadful too. Plenty of times they're just getting rag dolled, falling over, holding. They're all terrible players - Kalil looks washed.

You're right that the communication and scheming are off but it's just one on top of the other. They look like very bad players being very badly coached.

Look at Osemele on the Trevor's last sack. Just gets destroyed by the DT only for Bell to destroy the DT and knock him down. Bell is our best pass blocker lol.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Shut down Sam for the season 

Fire Gase and make Gregg Williams the interim HC

Make Lincoln Riley an offer he can’t refuse come January 

Invest every single draft pick and FA dollar into the OL and WR corps

Enough of this f*cking nonsense 

Is he an OL coach ?

you can bring in the best offensive mind in the game, they ain’t doing squat with this OL

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Shut down Sam for the season 

Fire Gase and make Gregg Williams the interim HC

Make Lincoln Riley an offer he can’t refuse come January 

Invest every single draft pick and FA dollar into the OL and WR corps

Enough of this f*cking nonsense 

Why on god’s green earth would Riley leave cushy OU for this sh*tshow

37 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

But our coach is an offensive genius.  he's a clown.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet hustle said:

This is the worst O line since i can remember.  Am i being over dramatic here? 

No. I recall umpteen million missed blocking assignments, offensive linemen being beaten this way and that ... but I've never seen a Jets left tackle that nakedly overmatched before. 

• Upvote 2

We can laugh, but the OL has not allowed the offense to operate through 2 games. This has to be killing Joe Douglas, who is a big OL guy. I don’t know that he can do anything, but this team won’t win ANY games with the OL plying like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

We can laugh, but the OL has not allowed the offense to operate through 2 games. This has to be killing Joe Douglas, who is a big OL guy. I don’t know that he can do anything, but this team won’t win ANY games with the OL plying like this.

Looks like they benched Kalil in favor of Harrison. Hopefully it’s permanent.

Edoga should replace Beachum next. Can’t be much worse.

• Sympathy 1

Looks like they benched Kalil in favor of Harrison. Hopefully it’s permanent.
Edoga should replace Beachum next. Can’t be much worse.

Good, more of this. Stick Winters ass on the bench for Lewis too. And when Quinnen gets back, stick Leo on the bench soon. Enough of this sh*t already. Too many of these ****s are coasting out there.

• Sympathy 1