Jump to content
Jet hustle

Offensive line play

Recommended Posts

We could sign 2 FAs and draft 2 OL next year almost at random and improve 4 of the 5 spots.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's not the talent. There are free runners everywhere. That's not getting beat, that's not knowing your assignments. These guys are lost. And the scheme is bad to boot. I used to coach OL.  These guys going unblocked on the edge? That's by design.  But you cant do that with nfl speed. This team needs to figure out what it wants its line to do, add a fullback for Bell, and get a real blocking TE.  otherwise it's a muddled mess til December. 

You are correct but it's both. We saw all these free rushers last week. It should have been a major point of emphasis this week to correct the communication on blocking assignments.

They didn't fix sh*t. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's not the talent. There are free runners everywhere. That's not getting beat, that's not knowing your assignments. These guys are lost. And the scheme is bad to boot. I used to coach OL.  These guys going unblocked on the edge? That's by design.  But you cant do that with nfl speed. This team needs to figure out what it wants its line to do, add a fullback for Bell, and get a real blocking TE.  otherwise it's a muddled mess til December. 

The talent is dreadful too. Plenty of times they're just getting rag dolled, falling over, holding. They're all terrible players - Kalil looks washed.

You're right that the communication and scheming are off but it's just one on top of the other. They look like very bad players being very badly coached.

Look at Osemele on the Trevor's last sack. Just gets destroyed by the DT only for Bell to destroy the DT and knock him down. Bell is our best pass blocker lol.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 This is the worst offensive line in football.... Quarterbacks running for their lives… Sam’s   lucky he  got mono ...

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LSJF said:

 This is the worst offensive line in football.... Quarterbacks running for their lives… Sam  luck  he  got mono ...

We’re so bad that Darnold being sidelined has somehow become a positive. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The so-called rebuilt line AND the scheme/game plan are both horrible.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We’re so bad that Darnold being sidelined has somehow become a positive. 
Just gonna say that. It's actually a good thing that that he's out for a month. Maybe this line can gel a bit by the time he gets back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Shut down Sam for the season 

Fire Gase and make Gregg Williams the interim HC

Make Lincoln Riley an offer he can’t refuse come January 

Invest every single draft pick and FA dollar into the OL and WR corps

Enough of this f*cking nonsense 

Is he an OL coach ?

you can bring in the best offensive mind in the game, they ain’t doing squat with this OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shawn306 said:

Is he an OL coach ?

you can bring in the best offensive mind in the game, they ain’t doing squat with this OL

Great, so throw a sh*tload of money at Dante Scarnecchia to leave New England and join Riley’s staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Shut down Sam for the season 

Fire Gase and make Gregg Williams the interim HC

Make Lincoln Riley an offer he can’t refuse come January 

Invest every single draft pick and FA dollar into the OL and WR corps

Enough of this f*cking nonsense 

Why on god’s green earth would Riley leave cushy OU for this sh*tshow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's not the talent. There are free runners everywhere. That's not getting beat, that's not knowing your assignments. These guys are lost. And the scheme is bad to boot. I used to coach OL.  These guys going unblocked on the edge? That's by design.  But you cant do that with nfl speed. This team needs to figure out what it wants its line to do, add a fullback for Bell, and get a real blocking TE.  otherwise it's a muddled mess til December. 

But our coach is an offensive genius.  he's a clown.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Why on god’s green earth would Riley leave cushy OU for this sh*tshow

You make him the highest paid coach in the NFL by a country mile.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Kevin Beachum getting thrown around like a rag doll...

He has been horrible but they are asking him to block Garrett one on one. Our genius HC might want to consider sliding the RB to that side. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You make him the highest paid coach in the NFL by a country mile.

Would love that but it’s never gonna happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from Gase having an alibi  now that Darnolds injured...  im interested to see who he throws under the bus after tonights dumpster fire

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's poor communication between the OC, QB, and the OL. It's all 3 that are causing this and yet every offensive series they go right back and do the very same stupid sh*t. Does Adam Base have any idea what the f*ck he's doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet hustle said:

This is the worst O line since i can remember.  Am i being over dramatic here? 

No. I recall umpteen million missed blocking assignments, offensive linemen being beaten this way and that ... but I've never seen a Jets left tackle that nakedly overmatched before. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Does Adam Base have any idea what the f*ck he's doing?

I do not like Gase's sideline demeanor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I do not like Gase's sideline demeanor.  
Don't worry he will follow it up with a press conference where he throws players under the bus while taking no credit for himself then trade our best players away to a crappy team for penuts before getting fired.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been saying it for awhile. Worst offensive tackle tandem in the league. These guys wouldnt start on 29 other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

1995 damn near got Boomer Esiason killed

Cadigan and criswell lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks can complain about Gase or Douglas or the Johnson’s all they want. 

THIS is the real problem. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can laugh, but the OL has not allowed the offense to operate through 2 games. This has to be killing Joe Douglas, who is a big OL guy. I don’t know that he can do anything, but this team won’t win ANY games with the OL plying like this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

We can laugh, but the OL has not allowed the offense to operate through 2 games. This has to be killing Joe Douglas, who is a big OL guy. I don’t know that he can do anything, but this team won’t win ANY games with the OL plying like this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they benched Kalil in favor of Harrison. Hopefully it’s permanent.

Edoga should replace Beachum next. Can’t be much worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks like they benched Kalil in favor of Harrison. Hopefully it’s permanent.
Edoga should replace Beachum next. Can’t be much worse.

Good, more of this. Stick Winters ass on the bench for Lewis too. And when Quinnen gets back, stick Leo on the bench soon. Enough of this sh*t already. Too many of these ****s are coasting out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Folks can complain about Gase or Douglas or the Johnson’s all they want. 

THIS is the real problem. 

Message boards?  .....   rock on brah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...