Gase is another moron head coach we have!!!

LockeJET

The smartest thing gase did was hiring a gm that he is friends with.  So no matter how the team performs, he not getting fired.  Gase and douglas are here 4 or 5 years before any changes will be made by the johnsons.

I’m curious how much of the Gase connection tipped the scale in Joe Douglas taking the job. This can be counter productive and lead to an ugly divorce. I’m not sold on this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jetmech said:

I’m curious how much of the Gase connection tipped the scale in Joe Douglas taking the job. This can be counter productive and lead to an ugly divorce. I’m not sold on this...

Adam gase is running the show.  Chris Johnson fell in love with the guy and hes the one making decisions.  Joe Douglas was hired by adam gase and is making moves based on what gase wants.

Adam gase runs this organization.  Regardless of how the team does, he is here for a long time.

• Thumb Down 1

On 9/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, Jet Nut said:

Yes I did.  Perhaps someone should look at the team he had and how he somehow got to the playoffs once, contended a second time, both without his starting QB

His other jobs that you referenced were extremely successful.  

You may have heard, I know I did, a NFL season isn't done, win loss totals finished, story complete after 2 games.

The blind loyalty to the idea of what someone is versus the reality amazes me.  When I take a look at Gase's track record it really is not that good.  He went to the Super Bowl with Manning but I am of the opinion that Manning was more of that than Gase.  Maybe others differ on that.  But without Manning Gase is mediocre to bad at best.  

I just don't get why it's so hard to go by what you see versus what you want to see.  The reality is he has not been a good HC at all

Adam gase is running the show.  Chris Johnson fell in love with the guy and hes the one making decisions.  Joe Douglas was hired by adam gase and is making moves based on what gase wants.
Adam gase runs this organization.  Regardless of how the team does, he is here for a long time.

This was a scenario I didn’t want. Future looks bright

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

The blind loyalty to the idea of what someone is versus the reality amazes me.  When I take a look at Gase's track record it really is not that good.  He went to the Super Bowl with Manning but I am of the opinion that Manning was more of that than Gase.  Maybe others differ on that.  But without Manning Gase is mediocre to bad at best.  

I just don't get why it's so hard to go by what you see versus what you want to see.  The reality is he has not been a good HC at all

You really think the Dolphins have been a talented team who should have made the playoffs once like they did under Gase?  Want to take that stance?  Want to up the ante and tell anyone that those 3 Dolphins teams should have been much better than a .500 team too?

Manning was on a downward fall.  Missed time with the neck.  And had his all time best season a historical season with 50 TDs and over 5K yardage.  Of course Manning is part of the equation, but Gase did a great job with him.  Just as he did making the playoffs with Tebow, winning a playoff game in Pitt with Tebow throwing over 300 yards. As he did with Cutler in Chicago.  Or getting to the playoffs with N Moore in Miamimdown the stretch or almost. Asking the playoffs with an awful Osweiler.....

But yes, Darnold playing sick with mono, Falk playing early vs Cleveland right off the practice squad is an accurate picture of what he will be long term.  Let's start over after two weeks.  It's all in Gase, I mean he missed those two kicks....