2 Bright Spots of tonight’s garbagefest

Philc1

41 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Falk - played  well considering the circumstances.  If Gase had managed things differently and Bellamy not dropped an easy first down we still lose but this game is much closer

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

41 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think I'll put Bell on that list as well. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

Don't be so nice toward Mac....this might well wind up being his worst draft, and that is saying something.

The guy made some great trades, but you would think a former scout would be able to draft better.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Its quite simple if you think about it.

Guy has NEVER played one snap in a real NFL game.  He gets thrown to the wolves, with an o-line that couldn't protect against a high school team.  He still threw for 200 yards.

He said he played pretty well considering.  Not EXACTLY sure what you expected in that situation.

Cool story see you next week for the re-cap of start #2 against NE, CANT WAIT 

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Don't be so nice toward Mac....this might well wind up being his worst draft, and that is saying something.

The guy made some great trades, but you would think a former scout would be able to draft better.

Look I’m just looking for anything positive

Cashman I liked what I saw tonight and we have been God awful at OLB for years

And this board has been a Chase Winovich d-cksucking contest past 6 months

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Its quite simple if you think about it.

Guy has NEVER played one snap in a real NFL game.  He gets thrown to the wolves, with an o-line that couldn't protect against a high school team.  He still threw for 200 yards.

He said he played pretty well considering.  Not EXACTLY sure what you expected in that situation.

I dont know what his stats ended up as but the kid was very clearly overmatched.

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its not a matter of like this is the NFL Luke Falk is not an NFL QB if he wasn't on the NY Jets roster he wouldn't be in the NFL. 

You are not going to add a better QB at this point in the season. Falk will be the starter until Darnold returns if Siemian is out

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh, the eyeball test. Not the 80 percent completions no turnovers, 99 passer rating or 200 yards in a little over a half of football. Sure, clearly.

Yes!  Curious what his DVOA will be. I was only half paying attention for much of second half 

2 hours ago, CTM said:

I dont know what his stats ended up as but the kid was very clearly overmatched.

His internal clock needs a lot of work. He held the ball too long. All in all though, I think that is the best you are going to get from a guy that was on the practice squad until 4 minutes before kickoff. Not excited to have him face the Pats but we have seen worse from the backups here in recent years (McElroy).

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

His internal clock needs a lot of work. He held the ball too long. All in all though, I think that is the best you are going to get from a guy that was on the practice squad until 4 minutes before kickoff. Not excited to have him face the Pats but we have seen worse from the backups here in recent years (McElroy).

If we hold the Pats under 40 in all seriousness, I will be happy. I’m not kidding. The season starts around week 7.

We have half a year to see what we have for the future? Anything before that is just pointless, and I guess it’s around when Sam will be back..