2 Bright Spots of tonight’s garbagefest

Philc1

Falk definitely played well in the circumstances.
3rd string QB, just signed off the PS that day, very limited reps and no time to build chemistry with his receivers, playing being a swiss cheese line.
But he didn't embarrass himself at all, and led the team well. Decent numbers too.
Something to build on for him.

Absolutely. It took him a min to settle down but he actually played well. I’d much rather watch him and see what he has than siemian. And I was hopeful for Trevor too but falk is a better watch

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Falk - played  well considering the circumstances.  If Gase had managed things differently and Bellamy not dropped an easy first down we still lose but this game is much closer

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

One bright spot, Defense.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Falk - played  well considering the circumstances.  If Gase had managed things differently and Bellamy not dropped an easy first down we still lose but this game is much closer

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

I thought Hairston played good as well as the whole defense. Keep in mind our Offense did nothing all night and our defense, considering that fact, played well against a pretty talented football team

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, CTM said:

Yes!  Curious what his DVOA will be. I was only half paying attention for much of second half 

Considering what was going on Falk actually played well he had no choice but to take what he was given and he executed well. For a young guy to come in and do what he did 20-25 for 199 under that type of pressure without having a prior NFL snap. It's not a bad Idea to develop him as the back up for a long time behind Darnold. Much better option than dragging in these has been Vets who never were able to make anything happen and have to pay for basically nothing.

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2019 at 12:28 AM, Philc1 said:

Look I’m just looking for anything positive

Cashman I liked what I saw tonight and we have been God awful at OLB for years

And this board has been a Chase Winovich d-cksucking contest past 6 months

I'm not knocking you for looking for positive.

Cashman played well.  Who knows....maybe a Mac pick might actually work out.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I would try like hell to do exactly that. Shouldn't all GM's being doing that with the success TB has had in the NFL. It's about winning. 

Lifelong Diehard Fan 

And you are absolutely sure that is what Douglas ISN'T doing? 

BTW, can you list all the pro-bowl kickers, pro-bowl QB's, and pro-bowl WR's and pass-rushers that are still out there that Douglas can sign?

I'll wait. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, CanadaSteve said:

I'm not knocking you for looking for positive.

Cashman played well.  Who knows....maybe a Mac pick might actually work out.

I’m so sick of mediocre or worse at OLB for the Jets if Cashman actually pans out that would be great

On 9/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, Smashmouth said:

Considering what was going on Falk actually played well he had no choice but to take what he was given and he executed well. For a young guy to come in and do what he did 20-25 for 199 under that type of pressure without having a prior NFL snap. It's not a bad Idea to develop him as the back up for a long time behind Darnold. Much better option than dragging in these has been Vets who never were able to make anything happen and have to pay for basically nothing.

If Falk continues to play well maybe we flip him for a draft pick once Sam comes back

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m so sick of mediocre or worse at OLB for the Jets if Cashman actually pans out that would be great

If Cashman worked out to be a great role player and spot starter, I would call that a big win.  If he winds up being a full-time starter, I would call that Mac drafting miracle.  We can only hope.

That is what is so frustrating with the last 9 drafts.   You draft Wilkerson, and he is alright, but you hand him big money and he disappears.  Coples busts, Millner busts, Geno Smith busts, Pryor busts, Amaro busts, Williams doesn't pan out as expected, Devon Smith busts.  Darron Lee, Hackenberg.  Jamal Adams is good, but not 6th spot in the draft good, Maye is decent when he is healthy. 

No NFL team can draft this poorly in rounds 1 and 2 for 9 years and expect to get a sniff of the playoffs.

This is why I don't get in a twist when Douglas' trash heap picking doesn't work.  The guy is picking players off a pile, sniffing them, and going with whichever one stinks the least.  Matt Bryant was the only name guy worth going after, and my bet is he is waiting to see which contenders might need a kicker half-way through the season before signing. 

Douglas is going to get to draft three times at least.  Lets see what the team looks like in training camp 2022.  He needs to find 5-6 legitimate starters in the draft in three years, and about the same in role players.  Not a taunting task at all, but when two guys who previously had your job drafted as poorly as they did, well.....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

No NFL team can draft this poorly in rounds 1 through 6 for 9 years and expect to get a sniff of the playoffs.

Fixed it for you ... :cool0019: 

But I agree with your larger point. Rome was not built in a day, and an NFL team - especially one as devoid of depth as this one is - takes about three solid drafts to arrive as a playoff team.