2 Bright Spots of tonight’s garbagefest

Philc1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

He did well.in warm ups.

If we have a decent kicker and if Falk can continue to look ok, I’ll take that as 2 positives from the night. I’m just not sure where to even begin with this roster. It’s tough to replace an ENTIRE offensive line, which is priority, and still need a 1 and 2 corner, pass rusher and WRs. The levels of deficiency at these key positions is unbelievable and it’s not due to injury (Enunwa being injured hurts WR but still wouldn’t be enough even with him).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Its not a matter of like this is the NFL Luke Falk is not an NFL QB if he wasn't on the NY Jets roster he wouldn't be in the NFL. 

I don't understand your point. Darnold and Siemian are unavailable and no QB that is brought in today would be able to play on Sunday. Faulk played well under the circumstances. There is no other option.

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, GREENBEAN said:

will 20/ 25 198 yds  2 1/2 quarters coming from the Practice squad do it ? 

Falk definitely played well in the circumstances.

3rd string QB, just signed off the PS that day, very limited reps and no time to build chemistry with his receivers, playing behind a swiss cheese line.

But he didn't embarrass himself at all, and led the team well. Decent numbers too.

Something to build on for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Falk definitely played well in the circumstances.

3rd string QB, just signed off the PS that day, very limited reps and no time to build chemistry with his receivers, playing being a swiss cheese line.

But he didn't embarrass himself at all, and led the team well. Decent numbers too.

Something to build on for him.

Agreed. It's ridiculous to complain about him. It took a min, but he settled down and played well. 20/25 are good numbers especially considering he had more than one big drop on top of it. 

If this OL can just block someone for more than a second I am looking forward to his development.   I just can't believe how poorly the OL played. Beachum had the worst night of his career. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Falk - played  well considering the circumstances.  If Gase had managed things differently and Bellamy not dropped an easy first down we still lose but this game is much closer

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

My 2 bright spots were the beer was cold and I ordered a nice pizza.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Falk - played  well considering the circumstances.  If Gase had managed things differently and Bellamy not dropped an easy first down we still lose but this game is much closer

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

My 2 bright spots were the beer was cold and I ordered a nice pizza.  

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

Can we bench Kalil for Harrison now?

I'm starting to wonder if this might be the move to make.  I usually give a lot of leash at the start of the year, but Kalil looks small and weak.  I saw him getting pushed around on multiple plays.  I'm a big Ogunjobi fan, but when you get mad at the way your RB got pushed around on a play and it turns out it was #55?  That concerns me.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dinamite said:

I thought Hairston played well and was also a bright spot.

good point.  the secondary looked a heck of a lot better in this game than the last one.  i guess the obj catches are black marks but obj does that against lots of teams.  the td catch was a blown assignment.  it also reinforces benching trumaine.

• Upvote 2

Not making excuses but both Qbs had problems getting on track related to field position. When you're deep inside the 10 yard line it's hard to run an offense esp when the opponent has a good pass rush. Falk actually improved later in the game and had 198 yards passing. Some of that probably because their D played softer later in the game. I think you saw some bright spots from Luke. IMO he outplayed Simien in pre-season. And you could have a better chance to win with him over Trevor. But not against NEP. 

The Bright spot is that Gase and Williams don't take sh*t play from players.

The coaching style will get old in the locker room and there will be turmoil. Jets are headed down a bad path right now. 

The other bright side is that Sam will be back for all the easy games on the schedule so he can have some tune up before going into the off-season. 

For all the overreaction on this board, the Jets are still going to win a decent amount of games this year... I love the 0-16 talk... so emotional around here. Realistically I thought that the OL would play better under Pollock but maybe the players are just not smart enough to play on his OL... Beyond the lack of talent, there is far too many missed assignments... Its either coaching or dumb players...

This could be why Douglas brought in Kahlil, Pollock says to JD that the players he has are not smart enough to know who to block so he needs a savvy veteran to help guide them... Doesn't excuse how bad Kahlil has played but still, I think that this may have something to do with it.

I think the biggest disappointment is Leo... WTF... How can you be this non-existent... Anderson I give a pass because when Quinnen is in Anderson gets pressure... Which shows how much Leo hurts... 

• Upvote 1