Jump to content
Philc1

2 Bright Spots of tonight’s garbagefest

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Plen T said:

LeVeon deserves better

Is really shouldn’t be a shock to anyone when FAs accept money to play somewhere (anywhere) else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falk definitely played well in the circumstances.
3rd string QB, just signed off the PS that day, very limited reps and no time to build chemistry with his receivers, playing being a swiss cheese line.
But he didn't embarrass himself at all, and led the team well. Decent numbers too.
Something to build on for him.

Absolutely. It took him a min to settle down but he actually played well. I’d much rather watch him and see what he has than siemian. And I was hopeful for Trevor too but falk is a better watch


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Gooch said:

Yea,it might end in a tie!!

Wait...oh damn, you're right  :(

I've never used this stupid trendy word yet, but..

two 0-16 teams would have been "epic"

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Falk - played  well considering the circumstances.  If Gase had managed things differently and Bellamy not dropped an easy first down we still lose but this game is much closer

 

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

 

 

One bright spot, Defense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

The Manure Bowl?

Right now, sadly,  the Manure Bowl wouldn't send us a bid!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Falk - played  well considering the circumstances.  If Gase had managed things differently and Bellamy not dropped an easy first down we still lose but this game is much closer

 

Cashman - was everywhere tonight 4 tackles and half a sack plus a batted ball.  Maybe he makes up for the Polite debacle

 

 

I thought Hairston played good as well as the whole defense. Keep in mind our Offense did nothing all night and our defense, considering that fact, played well against a pretty talented football team

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Why do you always have to get like this? There is no reason for you to get chippy with other posters.

He's a dick.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CTM said:

Yes!  Curious what his DVOA will be. I was only half paying attention for much of second half 

Considering what was going on Falk actually played well he had no choice but to take what he was given and he executed well. For a young guy to come in and do what he did 20-25 for 199 under that type of pressure without having a prior NFL snap. It's not a bad Idea to develop him as the back up for a long time behind Darnold. Much better option than dragging in these has been Vets who never were able to make anything happen and have to pay for basically nothing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 12:27 AM, joewilly12 said:

Cool story see you next week for the re-cap of start #2 against NE, CANT WAIT 

I'm sure if you were the GM you would find some high school kid who could be the next Tom Brady.

SOJF

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 6:44 AM, ECURB said:

It's so scary nobody wants to face it...but... Falk played better than Darnold.

Well, given that Darnold was playing with Mono and could have ruptured his spleen....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 12:28 AM, Philc1 said:

Look I’m just looking for anything positive

 

Cashman I liked what I saw tonight and we have been God awful at OLB for years

 

And this board has been a Chase Winovich d-cksucking contest past 6 months

I'm not knocking you for looking for positive.

Cashman played well.  Who knows....maybe a Mac pick might actually work out.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I'm sure if you were the GM you would find some high school kid who could be the next Tom Brady.

SOJF

I would try like hell to do exactly that. Shouldn't all GM's being doing that with the success TB has had in the NFL. It's about winning. 

Lifelong Diehard Fan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I would try like hell to do exactly that. Shouldn't all GM's being doing that with the success TB has had in the NFL. It's about winning. 

Lifelong Diehard Fan 

And you are absolutely sure that is what Douglas ISN'T doing? 

BTW, can you list all the pro-bowl kickers, pro-bowl QB's, and pro-bowl WR's and pass-rushers that are still out there that Douglas can sign?

I'll wait. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, CanadaSteve said:

I'm not knocking you for looking for positive.

Cashman played well.  Who knows....maybe a Mac pick might actually work out.

 

I’m so sick of mediocre or worse at OLB for the Jets if Cashman actually pans out that would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, Smashmouth said:

Considering what was going on Falk actually played well he had no choice but to take what he was given and he executed well. For a young guy to come in and do what he did 20-25 for 199 under that type of pressure without having a prior NFL snap. It's not a bad Idea to develop him as the back up for a long time behind Darnold. Much better option than dragging in these has been Vets who never were able to make anything happen and have to pay for basically nothing.

If Falk continues to play well maybe we flip him for a draft pick once Sam comes back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m so sick of mediocre or worse at OLB for the Jets if Cashman actually pans out that would be great

If Cashman worked out to be a great role player and spot starter, I would call that a big win.  If he winds up being a full-time starter, I would call that Mac drafting miracle.  We can only hope.

That is what is so frustrating with the last 9 drafts.   You draft Wilkerson, and he is alright, but you hand him big money and he disappears.  Coples busts, Millner busts, Geno Smith busts, Pryor busts, Amaro busts, Williams doesn't pan out as expected, Devon Smith busts.  Darron Lee, Hackenberg.  Jamal Adams is good, but not 6th spot in the draft good, Maye is decent when he is healthy. 

No NFL team can draft this poorly in rounds 1 and 2 for 9 years and expect to get a sniff of the playoffs.

This is why I don't get in a twist when Douglas' trash heap picking doesn't work.  The guy is picking players off a pile, sniffing them, and going with whichever one stinks the least.  Matt Bryant was the only name guy worth going after, and my bet is he is waiting to see which contenders might need a kicker half-way through the season before signing. 

Douglas is going to get to draft three times at least.  Lets see what the team looks like in training camp 2022.  He needs to find 5-6 legitimate starters in the draft in three years, and about the same in role players.  Not a taunting task at all, but when two guys who previously had your job drafted as poorly as they did, well.....

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

 

No NFL team can draft this poorly in rounds 1 through 6 for 9 years and expect to get a sniff of the playoffs.

 

Fixed it for you ... :cool0019: 

But I agree with your larger point. Rome was not built in a day, and an NFL team - especially one as devoid of depth as this one is - takes about three solid drafts to arrive as a playoff team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Ballin' right to the bench . (and fined also)

That late hit by Adams on Faker that extended the scoring drive was awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 4:44 AM, Hackenberg said:

bright spot? I'm still looking for pictures of the Cheerleaders black ,tight body suits......

Wait, wait,...what??

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...