Jump to content
Mike135

Good things from Monday Night...

Recommended Posts

1.  Falk looked...  ok.  Good to get the reps.

2.  Bell looked great again.  Obviously the fumble sucked.

3.  Defense held up pretty damn good considering how pitiful the offense was.  Even without Mosely.  Looks like they corrected the communication issues on defense.

4.  WE MADE A FIELD GOAL!!!

 

I'm figuring Sam will be back week 6.  Along with Herndon.  Things will get better.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AbstraKt said:

I like the optimism. Is optimism the right word?

More like acceptance.  

It is what it is.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falk through an absolute duck/airball into the endzone.  His best pass was underthrown 15 yards to Robby Anderson.  He did nothing but check down to Lev Bell or hit the turf until the Browns eased up in the 4th quarter.  Falk was bad.  Not as bad as Simien.  But thats a really low bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ponies and rainbows and 13 year rebuilds.....   why care if your team wins ever....  you have fantasy football ....

Yay...  we made a field goal... ?   Things will get better?    Df is this......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no positives.  Defensively, still can’t generate a pass rush without blitzing.  Still can’t cover receivers.  Offensively, everyone but bell is terrible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Falk through an absolute duck/airball into the endzone.  His best pass was underthrown 15 yards to Robby Anderson.  He did nothing but check down to Lev Bell or hit the turf until the Browns eased up in the 4th quarter.  Falk was bad.  Not as bad as Simien.  But thats a really low bar.

There's a reason why he's a 3rd string QB. Dude just got off the practice squad. What did u expect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet hustle said:

Ponies and rainbows and 13 year rebuilds.....   why care if your team wins ever....  you have fantasy football ....

Yay...  we made a field goal... ?   Things will get better?    Df is this......

Your comment sucks, but at least your name pushed me to watch this video.

Chicks in nighties dancing to a classic...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we found at that Bell has a big heart, fighting hard behind the godawful OL.  Tonight, the tackles were particularly bad.

Cashman looked good, and some good moments here and there from the D.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I please get voted in as Gm? I’d have brandin cooks, deshaun Watson, Myles jack included as my first rounders in last several years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

There's a reason why he's a 3rd string QB. Dude just got off the practice squad. What did u expect

I expected him to play poorly.  And he did.  But this board is acting like we found our savior.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a playoff caliber defense. 

When Sam returns, good things will happen. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

1.  Falk looked...  ok.  Good to get the reps.

2.  Bell looked great again.  Obviously the fumble sucked.

3.  Defense held up pretty damn good considering how pitiful the offense was.  Even without Mosely.  Looks like they corrected the communication issues on defense.

4.  WE MADE A FIELD GOAL!!!

 

I'm figuring Sam will be back week 6.  Along with Herndon.  Things will get better.

 

I'm sold, where do I sign up for a PSL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought both of our safeties were really good again and didn't give up even when they easily could have.  Hewitt gave up the big play to OBJ, but he also had a few positives.  Ditto for Poole and Cashman.  I thought our secondary did a pretty good job against skill players that massively out talent them.

Leo of course was the big fail.  What a disappointment he's been.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The good news: the top 5 pick will really come in handy when we pick another damn defensive tackle 

If they do that, I am done with this team. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i want to inform you all that your eyes are decieving you, we have an NFL quality OL...

stop being SOJ jet fans and get behind the team...

stp bagging on winters, he shovles his grammas walk in the snow...

robby anderson is handcuffing our QB staff,...  its so obvious..

and leo williams is actually a player, and so is jamal adams..he was FLYING AROUND!!!!

  • Confused 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I expected him to play poorly.  And he did.  But this board is acting like we found our savior.  
All things considered he did ok, he went 20/25 with a couple passes down the field. It's hard enough coming in cold with no practice reps during the week... Even tougher coming from the practice squad and into a game with a crap line and no legit receiving threats.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Falk through an absolute duck/airball into the endzone.  His best pass was underthrown 15 yards to Robby Anderson.  He did nothing but check down to Lev Bell or hit the turf until the Browns eased up in the 4th quarter.  Falk was bad.  Not as bad as Simien.  But thats a really low bar.

I said Falk has a RAG ARM but was maliciously attacked by Nut or someone posting some fugazy “Scouting Report” that praised Falk’s arm Haha.

All things being equal I’d rather have Falk play than Semian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

The team is bad, but they know it’s bad and are willing to eat sh*t until the talent improves. It sucks losing this time to develop Darnold, but what can you do? The plus is that failed draft picks like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams are being exposed as non-entities we don’t need to pay, and even though the talent is putrid, they’re not getting their doors blown off because the coaches are hardos. Good on them for holding guys accountable and trying different things. Benching Trumaine Johnson and giving Tarell Basham a lot of run shows you that they’re not coaching to win these meaningless ******* games, which rules. They’re establishing a culture. If you’re mad that Luke Falk didn’t beat the Browns tonight, then call up the ticket office in the morning and demand the Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick, because you’re a short-sighted fraud fan that wants to be jerked off into a sock instead of holding out for the sustained orgy that is a legitimate title run after a legitimate rebuild. 

Listen you hater........pack it up for the night. No one wants to hear from a guy who bashes this team no matter what they do win or lose. 

Get in bed stare up at the numerous fly strips hanging from the ceiling and count the dead flies. Go to bed its best for you and the forum. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Get in bed stare up at the numerous fly strips hanging from the ceiling and count the dead flies.

lolololol you’re a diamond, Joe, you ******* pervert 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We have a playoff caliber defense. 

When Sam returns, good things will happen. 

SAR I

You made it home fast. 

Hope you enjoyed yourself. 

It was a bad game in person and on TV. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team is bad, but they know it’s bad and are willing to eat sh*t until the talent improves. It sucks losing this time to develop Darnold, but what can you do? The plus is that failed draft picks like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams are being exposed as non-entities we don’t need to pay, and even though the talent is putrid, they’re not getting their doors blown off because the coaches are hardos. Good on them for holding guys accountable and trying different things. Benching Trumaine Johnson and giving Tarell Basham a lot of run shows you that they’re not coaching to win these meaningless ******* games, which rules. They’re establishing a culture. If you’re mad that Luke Falk didn’t beat the Browns tonight, then call up the ticket office in the morning and demand the Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick, because you’re a short-sighted fraud fan that wants to be jerked off into a sock instead of holding out for the sustained orgy that is a legitimate title run after a legitimate rebuild. 

Failed picks for most of the last decade.  No off lineman picked since Ducasse. That crap catches up over time. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team is bad, but they know it’s bad and are willing to eat sh*t until the talent improves. It sucks losing this time to develop Darnold, but what can you do? The plus is that failed draft picks like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams are being exposed as non-entities we don’t need to pay, and even though the talent is putrid, they’re not getting their doors blown off because the coaches are hardos. Good on them for holding guys accountable and trying different things. Benching Trumaine Johnson and giving Tarell Basham a lot of run shows you that they’re not coaching to win these meaningless ******* games, which rules. They’re establishing a culture. If you’re mad that Luke Falk didn’t beat the Browns tonight, then call up the ticket office in the morning and demand the Jets trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick, because you’re a short-sighted fraud fan that wants to be jerked off into a sock instead of holding out for the sustained orgy that is a legitimate title run after a legitimate rebuild. 

Gotta disagree on Adams.  The guy's energy and hustle are infectious.  

Also he seems to have figured out how to hit damn hard w/o being penalized.  (Yes I know he had the hit on Baker early that cost 15yds.)  But seriously, almost every time Jamal hits someone, they take an extra few seconds to get up.

The guy is somehow old school in today's wussified game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

 

I'm figuring Sam will be back week 6.  Along with Herndon.  Things will get better.

 

Yes, but not until the season is completely lost.

Another year of meaningless games in November and December 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...