How is it possible the Jets suck every year

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let's get one thing clear. They don't suck EVERY year.

They've sucked for most of this decade. Not "Every" year

They are never favorites! When have they ever been a favorite going into the season to win anything? Divisions? Conference m? Super bow?!!!’

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Simple.  Bad owners hire bad GM's, who make poor decisions with the roster.

Mike Maccagnan was about to get fired by the Texans before the Johnson's hired him.  

And it took a military coup by our sh*tty HC with a 23-27 career record to finally get rid of that GM.  

The last good drafts this team has had were 2006 and '07.  And that's because every single GM the Johnson's have hired has been absolutely awful.  

Until you stop giving them money, they aren't  bad owners.  Everything done in the front office was intended  by design. There are no mistakes. The Jets are simply unimportant  to the leagues 100 year anniversary.  The uniform change was a branding and a hint to this failure. 

The perfect storm

Mono

Injured back up

Other injuries

Bad, new coach 

New Era

Same as the old era

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Like even the Cleveland cavs won the nba finals, Miami Marlins have won a couple World Series. The Jets are terrible literally every season. Mathematically it doesn’t make sense. They have never been super bowl favorites coming into a season except maybe 99. Just bad every year no matter what. Eventually they have to be good, right?

In my humble opinion, it comes down to ownership. It almost feels as if they like to skimp out on paying coaches. The only coach with NFL experience hired by the Johnsons, has been Gase. He has a losing record and in comparison, he came at an affordable rate. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Don't spend $ on them. Regardless of what other people say, you can still root for the team and not spend $. Would you buy a car that has repeatedly broken down with each model they made for the last decade? Of course not.

Root from away. Dont waste money or emotion on this rotten franchise until they field an actual competitive team.

I give my sons the “Mickey Mantle won’t pay our rent” all the time. No sense emotionally attaching yourself to a team. Root, get excited, curse when they’re losing, but once the games over, don’t stress.

Impossible. Rooting for a team means emotional investment. There’s no other way to root. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

In my humble opinion, it comes down to ownership. It almost feels as if they like to skimp out on paying coaches. The only coach with NFL experience hired by the Johnsons, has been Gase. He has a losing record and in comparison, he came at an affordable rate. 

That’s because they’re always paying two coaches and GM’s. Right now they’re paying Bowles and Macagnan. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’ve pretty much given up at this point. I’ll give them another 2 games and then I’m doing something else with my Sundays. It is a collosal waste of time thinking this franchise will ever be good. 

It won’t change for a few years. This team is bereft of talent at nearly every position. This roster is like paying $20 for a $1 chicken McNugget. It needs to be wiped clean. There’s just a handful of players worth keeping. They might as well clean house ala Fins and compile draft picks. Get what you can for these high priced average players and bums like Adams, Leo, Maye, Beach, Winters, Tru, etc etc. Start playing the kids. At least they’re hungry and are younger. Get them playing time. See what you got. Now is the time to act, not sit back until next year. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I'm done til next year at the earliest. We are dealing with a lethal combination of an inept ownership group, poor football people, and a boring, rigged version of the NFL. There's not a single reason to watch.

If they kicked the living sh*t out of Brady and sent him to the hospital that would be a reason to watch 

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2019 at 12:33 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Like even the Cleveland cavs won the nba finals, Miami Marlins have won a couple World Series. The Jets are terrible literally every season. Mathematically it doesn’t make sense. They have never been super bowl favorites coming into a season except maybe 99. Just bad every year no matter what. Eventually they have to be good, right?

Losing breeds losing.

Its one thing when you don't make the playoffs for a couple of years while you re-tool.  Its another when you don't make the playoffs for 10 years.  That kind of rut starts digging itself deeper to get out of.

• Upvote 1

And here's one more reason how the ownership of the Jets is hurting the franchise. There is a QB out there who is better than any of the scrubs on the team or that happen to be available for the Jets or anyone to sign, but he won't be signed. 72 TDs to 30 INTs 90.7 QBR but the man who is the owner of the Jets is working for a man who would simply not allow him to sign him to the team. Just one more in the long line of examples of how Woody Johnson's politics get in the way of his hobby as an NFL team owner.

Imagine the tweet storm by a certain unnamed President if the Jets were to sign Colin Kaepernick, the Ambassador to Britain could NEVER allow THAT to happen.

• Upvote 1

There is no question that the Jets Front Office/Coaching budget has been lower than other teams’ since Parcells. 

Gase probably came in at a decent price.   But Douglas really stuck it to them, and I am sure GW gets paid well.  The Hobbit does not-my guess is that there was not a budget for him. 

After JD improves the roster, Gase will be replaced by someone who costs real money. 

I think CJ gets it now, but the damage has been done.  They will not look to eat Gase’ contract until JD has built a team that another real coach wants to coach.   So they will stick with Gase so long as he can be remotely competent.  Gase has not been competent. 

1. Drafting poor players

2. Drafting players that play non-impactful positions. In particular using our highest picks on defensive players 

3. Hiring (and continuing to employ) defensive-minded head coaches

4. Failing to support the quarterback (this goes back to point #2)

The Jets have literally been a decade or more behind NFL trends (i.e. you need to score points to win; you need a talented quarterback to do that; you need to make supporting that quarterback your absolute priority). 

Bad Ownership, Bad Management, Bad Coaching, Bad Scouting, Bad Players Signed, Bad Players Drafted.

We lately go draft  workout warriors, or injured players who have very little to no college production. We go by the BPA, method. Even if we have 20 DT's. Well he was the best player available. We have a QB of the future. We got an All-Pro guard in Brian Freaking Winters, who cant run block or pass block his own shadow, a LT who gets bullrushed and tossed like a rag doll from a guy who weights 40 pounds less than him.  We cant land a young up and coming player in free agency. We give out chunks of money to has been, check depositing players past their prime like Revis and Johnson.

We neglect our biggest needs for loud mouth, non game changing, so called culture changing leaders, and stat padders like Adams, or injured players like Maye.

JD needs to get rid of everyone that doesn't give full effort and doesn't make game changing plays. Good riddance, 10 plus years without a pass rushing DE. No game changer in the defensive backfield. No one on offense besides Bell to cause fear into the apposing defenses. No Mauler offensive linemen to pancake someone consistently. No wideout, that can make crazy catches like Nuke, and Julio. We don't need a O'Dell or Landry. We need a wide out who makes plays and hands the ball to the ref. Tired of these loud obnoxious, me, me, me, players who think they deserve huge deals without taking the team on their backs to the playoffs.

Bad ownership The Johnson boys want to run the team they want yes men. That's why they passed on Mcarthy. I think they thought Gase would be easy to control. Joe Douglas has the  ability  to turn this around I doubt the Johnson boys allow it I see him gone. Personally love to see Douglas fire Gase and bring his own man in.

To me, a great symbol of the bad drafting by Mac was in the 2018 draft.  The Jets had traded three second round picks to move up (two in that draft), and then grabbed Darnold, the supposed franchise QB of the future.

They had a lousy OL that had been neglected for years as guys like Brick and Mangold (both former 1st round picks) retired, etc.  So, it was time to BUILD AROUND THE YOUNG QB you just spent 3 premium picks to move up for.  So, what does Mac do in the 3rd round?  Draft yet ANOTHER DT. Nathan Shepherd.  

We often talk about all the DTs picked in the first round, yet Mac also totally blew this pick, taking a rather "old" small school DT instead of immediately grabbing the best OL or WR on the board.  Now, the 4th round pick looks good, but picking Shepherd at 3 just symbolizes the horrible strategy and pick selection of Mac that the Jets suffered from for his 4 odd years.  And that following the lousy drafting of Idzik.

That's why the Jets suck and will continue to do so until we have a GM that makes a much higher % of smart picks.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:33 AM, Rhg1084 said:

" How is it possible the Jets suck every year "  ?..

Post-consistently.png

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, pdxgreen said:

Bad ownership plus bad management is a killer.  Hopefully that changes.

The Johnsons are the worst ownership in the nfl

They had a couple good years with Rex, then threw him under the bus and have been whiffing every chance since

9 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

To me, a great symbol of the bad drafting by Mac was in the 2018 draft.  The Jets had traded three second round picks to move up (two in that draft), and then grabbed Darnold, the supposed franchise QB of the future.

They had a lousy OL that had been neglected for years as guys like Brick and Mangold (both former 1st round picks) retired, etc.  So, it was time to BUILD AROUND THE YOUNG QB you just spent 3 premium picks to move up for.  So, what does Mac do in the 3rd round?  Draft yet ANOTHER DT. Nathan Shepherd.  

We often talk about all the DTs picked in the first round, yet Mac also totally blew this pick, taking a rather "old" small school DT instead of immediately grabbing the best OL or WR on the board.  Now, the 4th round pick looks good, but picking Shepherd at 3 just symbolizes the horrible strategy and pick selection of Mac that the Jets suffered from for his 4 odd years.  And that following the lousy drafting of Idzik.

That's why the Jets suck and will continue to do so until we have a GM that makes a much higher % of smart picks.

Mac, Idzik, Douglas, Gase, Bowles, trading for Tebow, giving Wilk, Revis and Trumaine a quarter billion, changing the uniforms for no real reason 

It all goes back to the Johnsons