Leonard Williams contract year

Icer

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good thing we drafted a new hold the fort plug the middle Dt this year to replace the hold the fort plug the middle DT we are not going to re-sign.

Thank god, you mean.... like, drafting two more DTs in Sheppard and Futakasi (?) last year was simply not going to be enough. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Would we be better trading him now for a 5th or let him go and maybe get a better compensatory pick? 

I have no idea how those work though. 

At this point, if the Jets could get anything for him (which is doubtful, given the price tag, and terrible play so far this season), it would be better than anything else.  The Jets are obviously going to be trying to fix a disaster next offseason, with many holes to fill, so there's no question they'll be spending more in FA than they lose, so any potential for a comp pick will be quickly wiped out.

2 assist tackles & 2 QB hits last night...He's jag.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401128127

I say see if Seattle wants him and Tru Johnson (if they have the cap) for a 2021 7th..Pete Carroll loves these reclamation projects and likes big CBs. 

Only purpose of the trade for the Jets is to clear cap space and make a statement..This regime has no ties to either player. Move on

Yes, I know it won't happen

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Put it this way: Kyle Phillips in limited snaps showed more effort and IMPACT than Leo and he was a lightly regarded UDFA that is developing quickly.

To be honest I would be OK trading Leo, Adams, Johnson. and Quinnen. Our team will literally be no worse off after.

Burn to the ground and salt ANYTHING touched by Maccagnan.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Put it this way: Kyle Phillips in limited snaps showed more effort and IMPACT than Leo and he was a lightly regarded UDFA that is developing quickly.

To be honest I would be OK trading Leo, Adams, Johnson. and Quinnen. Our team will literally be no worse off after.

Bahaha...I just missed that, you want to trade Quinnen too?  3rd pick in last years draft and has played all of about 2 plays hahaha

I’ll bet you’re probably right, Quinnen’s value will never be higher.  He’s a “Maccagnan” too, so odds are great he’ll be another Slug.

Yeah F it...trade him!!

• Upvote 1

Leo was all over the place chasing down plays, despite being double and triple teamed on occasion. He wasn't drafted too rush the passer, or be an edge rusher. he was drafted to provide run defense and collapse the pocket to allow our outside players to make plays. None of you know what your watching. It's just another year without an edge presence on the field that offenses respect.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Leo was all over the place chasing down plays, despite being double and triple teamed on occasion. He wasn't drafted too rush the passer, or be an edge rusher. he was drafted to provide run defense and collapse the pocket to allow our outside players to make plays. None of you know what your watching. It's just another year without an edge presence on the field that offenses respect.

Are you on crack? Double and triple teamed? That’s a total bogus claim. I did watch him all night. He had times where he was passed from one OL to another when they zoneblocked but he was never double teamed, and certainly not triple teamed. I was stunned at the number of plays he did little more than just stand up.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s so gone, the guy was over drafted. He’s another of a long line of failed 1st round DT’s.

Mo Wilkerson.

Quinton Coples

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Quinnen Williams.

That’s 5 DT Drafted since 2011! - 62.5% of our 1st round picks on Defensive tackles since 2011.

If I owned the Jets, and my GM told me he was going DT with our first pick I’d  fire him in the Draft room. 

They almost DID do that in Cleveland. No wait,..........that was a movie, nevermind.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Are you on crack? Double and triple teamed? That’s a total bogus claim. I did watch him all night. He had times where he was passed from one OL to another when they zoneblocked but he was never double teamed, and certainly not triple teamed. I was stunned at the number of plays he did little more than just stand up.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Your on crack. rewatch the game. this is why the jets will always be also rans in the league and New York. the Browns couldn't run the football. Hardly tried, just like the bills. Who, if your an offensive coach are you concentrating on taking out of the game in the jet's front 7. Mclendon. Anderson. Please. Control Leo, you can have your way with the Jet;s. We have no, and haven't had an edge rusher worth a damn. Thats the problem. Not Leo.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:48 AM, BurnleyJet said:

He’s so gone, the guy was over drafted. He’s another of a long line of failed 1st round DT’s.

Mo Wilkerson.

Quinton Coples

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Quinnen Williams.

That’s 5 DT Drafted since 2011! - 62.5% of our 1st round picks on Defensive tackles since 2011.

If I owned the Jets, and my GM told me he was going DT with our first pick I’d  fire him in the Draft room. 

LET'S GIVE QUINNEN A CHANCE 

HE HAS ONLY PLAYED ONE SINGLE GAME. :)

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So...how would you rate...Q....after one game?

He’s played...one game...well a portion of it...it’s a fair question. 

RATE him. NOW!!

/shrug /tbqh /douche. 

Incomplete is a fair grade.

However I do not like fat D/L run stuffers.

They can be picked in the 4th round.

• Upvote 1