Jump to content
nico002

Was Kalil benched?

Recommended Posts

Is the Jets Oline that bad or is the Browns defense that good?  I think it fair to say the O-line is that bad.  I also don't think there is any quick fix coming.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kalil was and is not much more than a band aid.  The ENTIRE OL needs to be rebuilt, due to years of neglect by Mac.  I'll keep saying it, the Jets need to draft at least 3 OL in next year's draft, and at least 2 of those in the first three rounds. 

It'll take 2-3 years at best to build a solid OL.  Maybe keep 2-3 of the current guys as stopgaps for a year or two and try to sign one quality guy in the offseason.  Hope and pray that Edoga can develop into a starter by next year.

BTW, didn't Beachum also have 3-4 penalties last night, too?  He was awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Gase does NOT own this OL. That's absurd. He's only been here since January and he doesn't have control over the draft. If you insist on finding something to blame Gase for you can blame him for the kicking situation. That should have been rectified before TC even started.

Gase, who got the GM fired, was himself the GM, and then hand-picked the new GM......had no power over the O-line?  Not buying that, sorry. 

I guess we're in for the usual three-to-four years of fan excuse making for our "Offensive Genius" head coach.  Same old Jets Fans. 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetpain said:

 While Harrison is clearly not the Jets long term answer at center, he is better than Kalil at his point in tiime.  

this has always puzzled me. why can’t harrison be a long term answer? you need players like harrison to play positions like C in order to be a good franchise. you don’t need Kevin Mawae at C. You just need someone that gets the job done. Harrison does that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Gase, who got the GM fired, was himself the GM, and then hand-picked the new GM......had no power over the O-line?  Not buying that, sorry. 

I guess we're in for the usual three-to-four years of fan excuse making for our "Offensive Genius" head coach.  Same old Jets Fans. 

 

I don't care if you're not buying it. It's a FACT. Get over it. There's contracts and money dealings that prevent teams from making moves. Those teams also rely on FA and the draft to get things done, which were NOT at the front office's disposal to use. That's not excuse making,,, it's FACT.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting to get the impression that he hedged his bets on the jets not making the playoffs, and took a nice $8M paycheck so he can open some restaurants or start some sort of business. Wouldn’t be surprised if he plays half the games now with some sort of “injury”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I don't care if you're not buying it. It's a FACT. Get over it. There's contracts and money dealings that prevent teams from making moves. Those teams also rely on FA and the draft to get things done, which were NOT at the front office's disposal to use. That's not excuse making,,, it's FACT.

And I don't care that you don't care, so I guess that makes us even. 

Gase owns this line, it's inability to run his "scheme", just as he owns the pathetic 11-points-in-2-games performance of his Offense as a whole.  

It sucks as bad as we've ever sucked, and Gase absolutely owns it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And I don't care that you don't care, so I guess that makes us even. 

Gase owns this line, it's inability to run his "scheme", just as he owns the pathetic 11-points-in-2-games performance of his Offense as a whole.  

It sucks as bad as we've ever sucked, and Gase absolutely owns it.  

 

OK. So you can go live in your little fairy tale world. You're certainly entitled to do that if you want. I'm just telling you it's NOT logical thinking. And for someone that takes pride in their ability to make logical/objective argument. This is your day of reckoning.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYJ1 said:

OK. So you can go live in your little fairy tale world. You're certainly entitled to do that if you want. I'm just telling you it's NOT logical thinking. And for someone that takes pride in their ability to make logical/objective argument. This is your day of reckoning.

My day of reckoning?

What is this, a bad movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Gase does NOT own this OL. That's absurd. He's only been here since January and he doesn't have control over the draft. If you insist on finding something to blame Gase for you can blame him for the kicking situation. That should have been rectified before TC even started.

I think that’s when Gase walked out of the draft room. He probably wanted to draft an O-Lineman instead of Polite

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JiF said:

At one point, it seemed like we were going to the LOS and yelling out the plays we were going to run but saying it 2-3 times loud and clearly to make sure the Browns heard everything we were going to do on that play. 

That probably had more to do with the Browns having Eli McGuire active for last night’s game...now that they won, they’ll be cutting him in 3...2...1...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I think that’s when Gase walked out of the draft room. He probably wanted to draft an O-Lineman instead of Polite

prolly best to agree we dont know, cos, erm, we dont...

anyway...   they placed a weird bet on Kalil and its backfired so far. badly.

i cant say why there are so many miscommunications and assigments...   but i dont think THAT is coached...

"hey 67 and 55 , drop back look around and block N OBODY"

not excusing players or coaches...  but i will say this

THIS IS NOT COACHED (other sport example)

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

My day of reckoning?

What is this, a bad movie?

Your day of reckoning for realizing that you are not this logical/objective poster that you make yourself out to be. Your posts in this thread prove it.

CORRECTION -This is just your latest day of reckoning. I'm certain you've been told this before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rangerous said:

yep.  it was not a good decision.  imo kalil should've/could've been brought in as a back up but then he wouldn't have been able to demand such a high salary.  and the thing is he's only a one year rental.  the move was short sighted at best.

Short sighted?  You want to play the long game after free agency and the draft?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Your day of reckoning for realizing that you are not this logical/objective poster that you make yourself out to be. Your posts in this thread prove it.

CORRECTION -This is just your latest day of reckoning. I'm certain you've been told this before.

It's always odd to me how many posters get all worked up over my posts.

If you think I'm illogical and lacking objectivity, well, ok.  Consider me reckoned, I guess?

Can we talk about football now?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nico002 said:

Didn’t notice this but think someone mentioned it- can you confirm? 

Yea because he stinks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Short sighted?  You want to play the long game after free agency and the draft?  

of course not but kalil is/was not better than just about any other journeyman center at this stage so he wasn't a have to had player even for only one season.  it's not my money and they're still well under the cap so it doesn't matter.  it is strange they thought to put him in as starter over harrison without practicing a whole lot and maybe not even completely healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I think I had lost interest and gone to bed by that point but, yes, I also read he was benched for Harrison in the 2nd half.

Gase and Williams should assign a bench for all the so called starters that need to be benched and make them sit altogether. RESERVED. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

of course not but kalil is/was not better than just about any other journeyman center at this stage so he wasn't a have to had player even for only one season.  it's not my money and they're still well under the cap so it doesn't matter.  it is strange they thought to put him in as starter over harrison without practicing a whole lot and maybe not even completely healthy.

Kalil was  a good player at one point.  It isn't hard to want to give him the benefit of the doubt over stiffs like Harrison and Swanson. He hasn't played or practiced much, he still may end up better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Kalil was  a good player at one point.  It isn't hard to want to give him the benefit of the doubt over stiffs like Harrison and Swanson. He hasn't played or practiced much, he still may end up better.

not disputing kalil was a good player but he is also coming off a short retirement and that has to have made him more than a little rusty.  plus harrison deserved to be the starter for his play down the stretch last season especially when you consider kalil didn't practice much before being thrown in.  he may work out but the oline has about one more game where they can play badly before the season is over for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he should have been playing a lot more in pre season.  If you are off and miss part of camp you are not going to be ready to go normally.

I'll give Gase and Williams credit to the fact that they seem to be playing guys they feel are the best and be damned with the optics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...