Are the Dolphins in better shape than Jets?

Rhg1084

Loaded with 3 first round picks. Will probably land Tua. The Steelers pick could end up being a top 5 pick also. Could possibly pair Tua with Jeudy and make a lethal combination for years to come. Should be interesting to see who is ready to compete for the division first in a couple years either Jets or Miami.

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

They’ll have Tua, who might be better than Darnold 

Why are we assuming the Dolphins are going to finish with a worse record than us ? Because they got blown out twice ? What do you think we would’ve done against Baltimore and the Pats ? It’s going to be neck and neck for the #1 pick . 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

something to be said for a proper tank job and the fins seem to be executing the tank for the 2019 season with precision 

even announced it as the reason they fired Gase LOL

EK had us headed down that path and Fitz and Marshall screwed it up - then Mac resigned Mo and Fitz and we have been in purgatory since

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

This is insane.

Jets are a team on the rise.  Miami is in the middle of an epic tank.

Don't be so fickle.  A couple weeks of injuries doesn't change things.

Relax and enjoy the season.  The outlook will be very different come November. 

Did you watch the last two Jets games?

• Upvote 1

This is insane.

Jets are a team on the rise.  Miami is in the middle of an epic tank.

Don't be so fickle.  A couple weeks of injuries doesn't change things.

Relax and enjoy the season.  The outlook will be very different come November. 

I don’t know man, as it stands today it looks like Miami could be ready to compete for a Super Bowl before the Jets are. It’s not so crazy to say some GMs would rather be in their shoes than ours right now

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

We don’t know much about Darnold yet except that he is not Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf level bad.

100% ....I’ve gotten killed for saying similar things on other threads , I still have high hopes but let’s face it , to blindly label Sam a FQB right now is homerism at its core . He has plenty to prove , there’s also 3 QBs taken in his draft class that are currently outperforming him , and the notion that if somehow , someway we go 2-14 and wind up with the #1 pick , that we shouldn’t at least entertain the idea of drafting Tua is insane . 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Did you watch the last two Jets games?

Yeah.  D looks very good.  Bell is awesome.  Oline we knew would take a while to get going.  They only started practicing together the last week of the preseason.  And obviously Sam has been sick/out.

It's a long season.  

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Loaded with 3 first round picks. Will probably land Tua. The Steelers pick could end up being a top 5 pick also. Could possibly pair Tua with Jeudy and make a lethal combination for years to come. Should be interesting to see who is ready to compete for the division first in a couple years either Jets or Miami.

They have to execute the picks though

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t know man, as it stands today it looks like Miami could be ready to compete for a Super Bowl before the Jets are. It’s not so crazy to say some GMs would rather be in their shoes than ours right now

It's very crazy to think that.

Mainly because of Sam.  As we know, it's insanely tough to find a franchise QB.

3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

The jets schedule gets easier the second half this team could 6 to 8 games even with bad coaching. the defense is better then miami we have to improve the oline 2 oline signins and 1 draft this team is better . The question is will gase grow with the team or continue to suck

Easier ? I see a split with Miami , and possibly taking 2 of 3 of the Bengals, Jags and Giants games....3-13. 

18 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Nope we have Darnold. 

and what has he done.  He is an unknown...  with NO Talent around him, we are fukked.  I am tired of the cheer leading here. Not you per se.

We are closer to becoming the Knicks than the Pats based on the decisions ownership has made in specifically the last 10 years.

4 years of Fitz and McCown while top QB's have been available so we now have so few picks. We have basically 1 first rounder playing with any consistency, no 2nds, any thirds? fourths?  Maybe 1 or 2?

JETS = Knicks

• Upvote 2

Yeah.  D looks very good.  Bell is awesome.  Oline we knew would take a while to get going.  They only started practicing together the last week of the preseason.  And obviously Sam has been sick/out.

It's a long season.  

You're right. Super long. Feels like they have already played 16.

I'd love the drug all u optimistic folk are on. There isn't a single thing I can imagine that could be enjoyable about this season. Except venting here a little.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

You're right. Super long. Feels like they have already played 16.

I'd love the drug all u optimistic folk are on. There isn't a single thing I can imagine that could be enjoyable about this season. Except venting here a little.

You'll be pleasantly surprised.  Likely not this week though... 

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Easier ? I see a split with Miami , and possibly taking 2 of 3 of the Bengals, Jags and Giants games....3-13. 

I see us winning both against miami, the raiders look good now but it is early, the bengals, the giants, Jags and the bills (injuries will catch up and for as bad as we played we lost by 1 point) that is 7 winnable games if they are coached correctly.

The defense is balling the issue is gase and the offense. either he adapts and they win or he does not and hopefully gets fired