Jump to content
slats

"We're in the World of Suck Right Now."

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Same.

Amazed so many folks seem to hate them. I think they are badass. Too bad the team playing in them is total trash 

I didn't expect to like them honestly, but with the new helmets, under the lights, they looked badass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

Also, those black uniforms are hideous. I was almost hoping the Browns would roll up the score so the Jets would put those putrid things in mothballs forever. 

The black uniforms were the best thing about the Jets last night. I don't know what your smoking? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

Also, those black uniforms are hideous. I was almost hoping the Browns would roll up the score so the Jets would put those putrid things in mothballs forever. 

What if they add orange for Halloween?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

They're horrendous. The green is barely discernible from the black. There's no history to black on the Jets uniforms unless you enjoyed the Coslet/Kotite years. 

And, as an added bonus, teams wearing black draw more flags than teams that don't! As if the Jets needed the help...

"In an earlier study, researchers at Cornell University also found a similar pattern of increased fouls among NFL teams that wore darker colors. The researchers conducted an experiment where they had high school and college students run two versions of identical football plays, wearing white uniforms in one version and black uniforms in the second version. Referees who later watched the identical version of the plays called fouls more often when the players wore black." 

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151383136/power-dis-play-teams-in-black-draw-more-penalties

hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I thought they looked pretty cool.

Can we get World Of Suck t-shirts?

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slats said:

They're horrendous. The green is barely discernible from the black. There's no history to black on the Jets uniforms unless you enjoyed the Coslet/Kotite years. 

And, as an added bonus, teams wearing black draw more flags than teams that don't! As if the Jets needed the help...

"In an earlier study, researchers at Cornell University also found a similar pattern of increased fouls among NFL teams that wore darker colors. The researchers conducted an experiment where they had high school and college students run two versions of identical football plays, wearing white uniforms in one version and black uniforms in the second version. Referees who later watched the identical version of the plays called fouls more often when the players wore black." 

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151383136/power-dis-play-teams-in-black-draw-more-penalties

The Ivy League university simultaneously concluded that more penalties are also incurred by teams that suck balls.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Can we get World Of Suck t-shirts?

SAR I

Yes but they will shoot them out of  air cannons at tv breaks and you despise those things.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Yes but they will shoot them out of  air cannons at tv breaks and you despise those things.

Because a) they don't have the cannon strength to reach the first row of the Mezzanine, b) they advertise a pool company and not the Jets, c) everyone goes nuts over them for no reason.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Playing with a 3rd string QB for 1/4 of the season will give Gase cover that he won't deserve from the team's failures.  This team is truly cursed. 

It's the GM and the owner coaching is meaningless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, slats said:

They're horrendous. The green is barely discernible from the black. There's no history to black on the Jets uniforms unless you enjoyed the Coslet/Kotite years. 

And, as an added bonus, teams wearing black draw more flags than teams that don't! As if the Jets needed the help...

"In an earlier study, researchers at Cornell University also found a similar pattern of increased fouls among NFL teams that wore darker colors. The researchers conducted an experiment where they had high school and college students run two versions of identical football plays, wearing white uniforms in one version and black uniforms in the second version. Referees who later watched the identical version of the plays called fouls more often when the players wore black." 

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151383136/power-dis-play-teams-in-black-draw-more-penalties

Boy are you stupid 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For generations, football coaches have conditioned players to speak in meaningless cliches, to offer little in the way of insight, and less in the way of art

=========================

yes, it's called a script.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black ain't the new Green. Bring back the classic Jets uniform and, for Heaven's sake, get rid of the black color in the end zone. We are Gang Green for cryin ' out loud. Geeze! If we're gonna lose, and we sure are going to do a lot of that this season, then at least let's go out like the familiar losers we've come to know and recognize.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Black ain't the new Green. Bring back the classic Jets uniform and, for Heaven's sake, get rid of the black color in the end zone. We are Gang Green for cryin ' out loud. Geeze! If we're gonna lose, and we sure are going to do a lot of that this season, then at least let's go out like the familiar losers we've come to know and recognize.

You're just plain wrong the hunter green color was atrocious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Well, Beachum may be an expert on "suck" with the way he played last night.  Wayne Hunterish bad.

 

it was bad, very bad.  couldn't have been worse if Beachum wore roller skates out there...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BleedGreen91 said:

You're just plain wrong the hunter green color was atrocious

Perhaps I should have more clear ... I'm talking about the classic, Joe Namath green from the 60's, not the hunter green of recent vintage.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, slats said:

Also, those black uniforms are hideous. I was almost hoping the Browns would roll up the score so the Jets would put those putrid things in mothballs forever. 

Actually wearing them was a sort of premonition.  

 

6B606EFA-F29F-41F0-8D6D-E2B4A822B72E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedGreen91 said:

Boy are you stupid 

Can't agree with the personal attack but I do agree that the color of the Jets uniforms had a negligible effect on the game.

I've seen this very Jets game over and over and over again over the last 10 years or so:

  • Crappy OL
  • Crappy WRs
  • Ineffective QB
  • Defense that tries but ultimately fails
  • Coaching without answers
  • An incomplete roster: (NO CBs, edge rusher, or freaking Kicker)

We've seen this very game, where the Jets look like crap on national tv, pretty much AT LEAST once a season.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perhaps I should have more clear ... I'm talking about the classic, Joe Namath green from the 60's, not the hunter green of recent vintage.

Still stuck on the howdy doody show too man? Was the love boat one of the finest shows on television history? Do you miss Carson ?

Jesus , some of you guys are giving us old heads a bad name. So stuck in the past. The uniforms were fine and it’s the least of our issues out there. It’s gonna be like 3-4 games a year. Let go of the joe Namath Jets already. 🥴


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:


Jesus , some of you guys are giving us old heads a bad name. So stuck in the past. The uniforms were fine and it’s the least of our issues out there. It’s gonna be like 3-4 games a year. Let go of the joe Namath Jets already. 🥴

If only someone would replace them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:


Replace who? Namath?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Replace the Namath Jets with A new jets team that wins something 

until then all people can do is reminisce 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:


Still stuck on the howdy doody show too man? Was the love boat one of the finest shows on television history? Do you miss Carson ?

Jesus , some of you guys are giving us old heads a bad name. So stuck in the past. The uniforms were fine and it’s the least of our issues out there. It’s gonna be like 3-4 games a year. Let go of the joe Namath Jets already. 🥴


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Look ... ALL I have to make me feel better about the Jets is that for one, brief moment, they actually won it all ... and, they did it with Namath. Apparently, Parcells felt similarly since he changed the uniforms back to a modified version of the classic look when he took over. So, yeah ... I'll hold on to the Namath Jets until the knuckleheads who run the team give me something better. True, the uniforms are the least of our problems; however, they do NOTHING from an aesthetic perspective and certainly haven't been a symbol of ushering in a new era. If you like the new uniforms and what they represent on the field, then whoopdee doo for you. Oh, and BTW, Carson was the best of all time and, like the Jets, the current crop pales in comparison to the classic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JiF said:

Defeatist head coach, defeatist team.

This is going great. 

Bluntly, I didn't see that. Saw a team that didn't quit. Did see a few awful plays on defense and an OL that couldn't stop runny eggs. But I didn't see anyone give up. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slats said:

Also, those black uniforms are hideous. I was almost hoping the Browns would roll up the score so the Jets would put those putrid things in mothballs forever. 

I played golf today with a group of 32 guys down here in SC. Not one Jets fan in the group except myself. Every single one who talked about the game with me said something about how bad the black uniforms were.

Obviously I'm no fashionista, but I like them better then the green jersey, white pants, but the only combination I think looks good is the white jersey with the a. green pants, b. white pants.

Whatever. This team has bigger problems then the new uniforms...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slats said:

Also, those black uniforms are hideous. I was almost hoping the Browns would roll up the score so the Jets would put those putrid things in mothballs forever. 

Should have went with grey and green camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleedGreen91 said:

Boy are you stupid 

I’m sensing irony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the guy who played one of the worst games I’ve ever seen at Tackle. Says where in a World of suck..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I give 2 sh!ts about uniforms and my choice would be the 80’s Kelly greens

but my wife’s one comment about the game last night, was “I love these uniforms”

Lol, my wife hates football, she took 1 look at the score, told me she was sorry I was a Jet fan & then commented, at least their new uniforms are nice, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...