"We're in the World of Suck Right Now."

slats

20 hours ago, slats said:

A pretty fair assessment. 

Jets tackle: “We’re in the world of suck right now”

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 17, 2019, 9:30 AM EDT

gettyimages-1168274939-e1568726971733.jp
Getty Images

For generations, football coaches have conditioned players to speak in meaningless cliches, to offer little in the way of insight, and less in the way of art.

Kelvin Beachum has resisted that urge. Despite spending eight years in a league that hates clarity and beauty of language, the Jets offensive tackle is nothing less than a poet.

“It’s frustrating, but this is the NFL,” Beachum said after last night’s loss to the Browns, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “We’re in the world of suck right now.”

The Jets have been sailing toward that mythical land for years, like Odysseus on a long quest for home.

Last night’s loss, without their starting quarterback because of mononucleosis and his backup getting injured early, leaving them in the hands of someone named Luke Falk, might have gotten them closer to the shore than they’ve been in some time.

And we should all be grateful we have a wordsmith like Beachum to document the journey for us all.

Share this:

Thank you, Suckmaster

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, slats said:

They're horrendous. The green is barely discernible from the black. There's no history to black on the Jets uniforms unless you enjoyed the Coslet/Kotite years. 

And, as an added bonus, teams wearing black draw more flags than teams that don't! As if the Jets needed the help...

"In an earlier study, researchers at Cornell University also found a similar pattern of increased fouls among NFL teams that wore darker colors. The researchers conducted an experiment where they had high school and college students run two versions of identical football plays, wearing white uniforms in one version and black uniforms in the second version. Referees who later watched the identical version of the plays called fouls more often when the players wore black." 

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151383136/power-dis-play-teams-in-black-draw-more-penalties

The lack of contrast in the black uniforms is awful.  It's especially ("Ek-specially"?) bad during a night game.

• Upvote 1

Look ... ALL I have to make me feel better about the Jets is that for one, brief moment, they actually won it all ... and, they did it with Namath. Apparently, Parcells felt similarly since he changed the uniforms back to a modified version of the classic look when he took over. So, yeah ... I'll hold on to the Namath Jets until the knuckleheads who run the team give me something better. True, the uniforms are the least of our problems; however, they do NOTHING from an aesthetic perspective and certainly haven't been a symbol of ushering in a new era. If you like the new uniforms and what they represent on the field, then whoopdee doo for you. Oh, and BTW, Carson was the best of all time and, like the Jets, the current crop pales in comparison to the classic.

Haha. I get it man. I hear ya. Every generation thinks the stuff that happened when they were young is the best.

The new uniforms are fine and I find it funny how hard people are taking it. The black looked cool and the end zones did too. The helmets take On and reflect the color of the jerseys and that’s pretty neat.
My son loves them and that’s kinda what they are going for. New younger fans. They already know we’re not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

23 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Haha. I get it man. I hear ya. Every generation thinks the stuff that happened when they were young is the best.

The new uniforms are fine and I find it funny how hard people are taking it. The black looked cool and the end zones did too. The helmets take On and reflect the color of the jerseys and that’s pretty neat.
My son loves them and that’s kinda what they are going for. New younger fans. They already know we’re not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

?

• Sympathy 1

Any player who is laughing at the end of the game, smiling while losing should be benched.

Players like Jamal Prez Adams, need to yapp less, show boat less and make game changing plays. I get he plays hard etc... When has he made a game changing play?? Give me one play, one game????? This guys mouth is bigger than his game. Dances around way too much. He dances when he makes a tackle. It's your damn job to make a tackle. Celebrate when you make a game changing play for once in your life. Leaders make plays, They don't only yapp with their mouth and make things about me. Who the hell anoints themselves as the Prez. Prez of what? Getting toasted by Alex Smith fan club. Leonard Lazy Williams, make a effing play. You guys are  first round talents, but never make game changing plays.

Coaching is a joke, JD, has his work cut out for him. I never liked Gase in Miami. However, this is a sh*tty roster filled with check collectors, and a bunch of loudmouths.

The amount of first round draft picks spent on the Dline is why the O-line stinks. Unbelievable, how management and giving out huge amount of $$$$ to players like Revis, Johnson, Wilkerson etc have killed this team.

Drafting a long list of players with extensive history of injuries in college, has killed the dept. JD needs a few years to retool this. Please don't put Sam out there to get killed with this sh*tty O-Line. Bench Kalil, Winters, and Beachum Jr. Please get some hardworking players in who put in effort.

A guy eating Pizza's all day sitting on the couch is better than Winters. This guy is always injured. Kalil should re-retire and Beachum, got beat badly. Put Edoga in please.

Best of luck to Faulk vs Pats.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because a) they don't have the cannon strength to reach the first row of the Mezzanine, b) they advertise a pool company and not the Jets, c) everyone goes nuts over them for no reason.

SAR I

like the old Jets caps give aways with the Toyota logo on them.  Straight to the garbage.