prime21

Jamal has unfollowed the Jets on IG

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I honestly believe that we are just damaged as a collective. The way darnold was attached affect given up on after one week of getting chased on 3 step drop backs was sad.

The Jamal hate is literally beyond my capacity. I can understand wanting someone else at the spot in the draft but come on. The guy wants to win and plays hard every single play. Even if he was 1/2 of what we hoped the guy is still great to have on a team. It’s just strange.

I’m still rooting for this team and while I can see the same stuff Ferguson’s wise does, this on line attack stuff is just something I can’t subscribe to. Makes me a bit sad emoji20.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's like trying to date a girl that's damaged goods. A lot of us are indeed just damaged as a collective. It isn't Adams's fault he was drafted #6. 

• Upvote 2

Looks like a case of a good, but not great player who believes all of his own hype. I would trade him in a heartbeat if we could recoup a #1. Strong safety's who don't make game changing plays and are going to cry about losing after 2 weeks aren't needed in a long-term rebuild.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, you think a team would be willing to trade a first round pick for a guy who can be easily replaced with 4th or 5th round talent? Yeah, that makes sense.

No I don't, which goes back to the original point: Only loser franchises draft non-impact SS at 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

The Jets would trade him for a #1 and the same people will complain who they drafted.  They can trade him for another  player and they will still complain.  Complainers are what they are. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

lol

9 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The Jets would trade him for a #1 and the same people will complain who they drafted.  They can trade him for another  player and they will still complain.  Complainers are what they are. 

So you're complaining about the complainers. I guess that makes you a complainer too. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why would Adams unfollow the Jets?  Isn’t his beef with his coach, Gregg Williams?  Or does he have a problem with the whole team, organization, his teammates, etc?

The problem with Jamal Adams is not where he was drafted but instead of. The Jets had a huge need at a prime time position in QB. Deshaun Watson was there for the taking as was Mahomes. The Jet passed on both and took Adams. Then they took another safety right after as we all know. This coupled with Adams big mouth has earned him what he gets. The guy is a decent player but not at the level he thinks he is. If he just shut up and play in his first couple of seasons maybe he wouldn't be in this situation. Adams is the lightning rod for criticism because he is the most recognized Jet out there. You can't expect to run your mouth about how great you are or are going to be and not expect to be criticized when the team craps the bed. A true Leader stands up to the criticism. A paper leader runs and hides. What has Adams done?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

No I don't, which goes back to the original point: Only loser franchises draft non-impact SS at 6.

It’s done. It isn’t Adams fault he was drafted where he was, which was by the way where many experts had him slotted.

So, trading him now would be stupid because you couldn’t get enough value. And, by the way, shame on Jamal for working hard, playing hard, and trying to be a leader. The nerve of that positive thinking clean living jerk!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It’s done. It isn’t Adams fault he was drafted where he was, which was by the way where many experts had him slotted.

So, trading him now would be stupid because you couldn’t get enough value. And, by the way, shame on Jamal for working hard, playing hard, and trying to be a leader. The nerve of that positive thinking clean living jerk!

They should still trade him because he's going to want to be paid like one of the best safeties in the league when his impact on the field pales in comparison.

The Jets would be INSANE to give him top 5 S money(around $13M year AAV)

• Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

They should still trade him because he's going to want to be paid like one of the best safeties in the league when his impact on the field pales in comparison.

The Jets would be INSANE to give him top 5 S money(around $13M year AAV)

Has joe Douglas done that? No. Stop putting the cart before the horse. You don’t build a winning team by trading talented players for the chance at drafting a player. 

Plus, the jets are always paying other teams players to come as free agents. If they are ever going to be good they are eventually going to have to pay their own players.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Has joe Douglas done that? No. Stop putting the cart before the horse. You don’t build a winning team by trading talented players for the chance at drafting a player. 

Plus, the jets are always paying other teams players to come as free agents. If they are ever going to be good they are eventually going to have to pay their own players.

You let Adams walk, use a 4th or a 5th on a SS, then use the money you were going to pay Adams to bring in a guy that actually would have a tangible effect on the team(you know, like an edge rusher... it's only been 14 years since the Jets got rid of John Abraham, they should try to replace him)

• Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

You let Adams walk, use a 4th or a 5th on a SS, then use the money you were going to pay Adams to bring in a guy that actually would have a tangible effect on the team(you know, like an edge rusher... it's only been 14 years since the Jets got rid of John Abraham, they should try to replace him)

That’s a fine plan if adams wants more than his market value. It would also net a draft pick. 

The problem with Jamal Adams is not where he was drafted but instead of. The Jets had a huge need at a prime time position in QB. Deshaun Watson was there for the taking as was Mahomes. The Jet passed on both and took Adams. Then they took another safety right after as we all know. This coupled with Adams big mouth has earned him what he gets. The guy is a decent player but not at the level he thinks he is. If he just shut up and play in his first couple of seasons maybe he wouldn't be in this situation. Adams is the lightning rod for criticism because he is the most recognized Jet out there. You can't expect to run your mouth about how great you are or are going to be and not expect to be criticized when the team craps the bed. A true Leader stands up to the criticism. A paper leader runs and hides. What has Adams done?
Shame on our front office for not reaching for a qb without the benefit of hindsight and instead drafting value and replacing such great players as Calvin Pryor and Marcus gilchrist

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Shame on our front office for not reaching for a qb without the benefit of hindsight and instead drafting value and replacing such great players as Calvin Pryor and Marcus gilchrist

If you prioritize fixing SAFETY when the QBs on your roster are Hackenberg/Petty/McCown.... well, that's why you get fired.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Why would Adams unfollow the Jets?  Isn’t his beef with his coach, Gregg Williams?  Or does he have a problem with the whole team, organization, his teammates, etc?

He got benched, he hung out with Odell after the game, got up in his feelings, and now he thinks he’s gonna shoot his way onto a contender. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Some of you people are absolutely incredible. Adams is the best draft pic we’ve had since Revis and you, for some reason think it would be great to trade him for a draft pick. Is that because our GMs have done such a great job of drafting in the past? This guy is a gamer every time out. Benching him was the wrong thing to do. If half the guys in that locker room played with his passion we’d be walking into the playoffs.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If a QB was already in place, or a potential Franchise one had already been drafted I might be able to at least somewhat sanction the Adams pick but instead that piece of garbage Maccagnan committed fraud by omission.  Playing it off to the tune,”Sure Hackenberg can be an NFL QB that’s why I’m picking this Safety at 6, he really doesn’t make game changing plays at LSU, but he is very good and a natural leader, anyway what’s most important, actually to me, is that Adams is a consensus pick by the “experts” and if I follow them my dumb, non stop coffee drinking a** is guaranteed another year of fat GM paychecks, no he’s not close to being a Troy Palumalu but now you understand why I’m really making the pick”.

Needed a QB, in the worst way, and passed on Mahomes who will own EVERY NFL passing record by the time he is done.

Safeties and DT’s who DON’T make game changing plays do NOT get drafted almost Top 5....shouldn’t even go in the 1st Rd.

54 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Bullsh*t. You need a QB as desperately as the Jets did and you have Deshaun Watson sitting there and you pass on him. I'm not talking Mahomes because to me, at that point in time, Watson was the better prospect. So your hindsight comment is ridiculous. NEXT.

10 pages for this complete non-story and waste of time!!!  

The guy hates to lose and didn’t want to be bothered by the animals on social media...

Moving along!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Didn't he and Jalen Ramsey come out the same year?  Which would you rather have because he is on the block

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

I can get the Watson argument (although he was not considered a can't miss), but the Mahomes stuff needs to stop. Most thought the Chiefs reached coming up to draft Mahomes. Very few had him rated as a 1st rounder, much less a top 10 pick. Kudos to the Chiefs for taking a big gamble and coming up huge, but let's not act like the Jets f'd that one up. Nobody (except probably Andy Reid) saw that playing out the way it did.

Non-story.  Here is what he changed -- eliminated reference to LSU and to the Jets and replaced it with a biblical quote.   But all our writers refer to is elimination of Jets from IG.  

24 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I can get the Watson argument (although he was not considered a can't miss), but the Mahomes stuff needs to stop. Most thought the Chiefs reached coming up to draft Mahomes. Very few had him rated as a 1st rounder, much less a top 10 pick. Kudos to the Chiefs for taking a big gamble and coming up huge, but let's not act like the Jets f'd that one up. Nobody (except probably Andy Reid) saw that playing out the way it did.

As I answered another guy earlier Watson was the guy for me. I only included Mahomes because of what he has produced and he was a QB that was available. You don't pass on a QB and take a safety. You just don't do it. Especially with the 6th pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

As I answered another guy earlier Watson was the guy for me. I only included Mahomes because of what he has produced and he was a QB that was available. You don't pass on a QB and take a safety. You just don't do it. Especially with the 6th pick.

Fair enough. I liked him too....but not at #6. 

For the Jamal Lovers,

Please show me one fing play or one fing game he did something to tangible help us win a game.

Want to know why people are hard on him?  He runs his yap constantly from game one and has never achieved enough to have the cred to do so.

Don;t worry though the whole league has bought into his self promotion.

If he keeps playing like he did last game he will find himself on the bench more than he likes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Icer said:

Looks like a case of a good, but not great player who believes all of his own hype. I would trade him in a heartbeat if we could recoup a #1. Strong safety's who don't make game changing plays and are going to cry about losing after 2 weeks aren't needed in a long-term rebuild.

It’s a big first round for WRs and OLTs, too. You could fill two crucial needs next May and all it’d cost you is the difference in performance from Adams to Rontez Miles. It should also be noted that the weird hyping of Miles in the preseason (and making him a captain wtf) should have tipped us off to the idea that Adams wasn’t going to get preferential treatment anymore. 

• Like 1

Dude is such a good player who gets sh*t on for being a safety drafted too high and playing for this sh*t team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

😆  Yeah, the fans have been wrong!  When the fans said is was dumb to draft two safeties back-to-back, the stupid fans were wrong.  When the Fans said Hackenburg was a fourth rounder at best...Stupid fans!!  When the fans said drafting DT's every single year was setting us back on offense...Morons!  This team needs to stop listening to their fans--that's problem number one?  When the fans bitched about letting our pro bowl kicker and returner go, even though we had plenty of cash...Dumb!   When the fans were pissed we passed on McCarthy for a guy who was fired by the Miami Dolphins...the fans were obviously clueless.  It's not the fans, man.  Its the Jets.  They actually DON'T know more than we do.  The New Stadium?  Horrendous.  PSL's? 12 year waitlist for tickets gone in a flash.  More opposing fans in the stands than Jets fans.  The Fans screamed for Winovich, the Jets took Polite.  I could literally type for hours on the poor decisions and mismanagement of the NY Jets.  If you think "Problem number one with this franchise is listening to its fans", you haven't been paying attention.

yOU jUST aREN’T a gOOD fAN derp......

10 pages for this complete non-story and waste of time!!!  

The guy hates to lose and didn’t want to be bothered by the animals on social media...

Moving along!

Well said. It’s just ridiculous that 3 years later we are still talking about Watson or Mahomes. Get over it already. It’s like a friggin time loop in here.

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Well said. It’s just ridiculous that 3 years later we are still talking about Watson or Mahomes. Get over it already. It’s like a friggin time loop in here.

Passing on Watson and Mahomes probably isnt talked about enough. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Passing on Watson and Mahomes probably isnt talked about enough. 

How about Marino for O'Brian?

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Just disgusting how fans keep talking about the Jets passing on a guy who threw 50 TDs in his first full year as a starter. We should be celebrating Jamal’s interception istead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1