Jamal has unfollowed the Jets on IG

prime21

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd trade Jamal Adams in a heartbeat for a competent O-Lineman or two.  He's borderline meaningless to the overall team performance.  He makes no difference to wins/losses.

the problem with this scenario is that there is an OL shortage both in the league and in college and no one has 2 starting quality linemen to trade 

it's also why the pick was Jamal Adams in the first place (and Leo, and Quinnen) and NOT an offensive linemen

because except for Quenton Nelson the Jets haven't actually had a chance to draft a blue chip lineman for years 

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

same

him coming in flying for a "big time" tackle when we are down 20-0 with our 3rd string QB...yeah, that does us NO good.

He's a very good Safety.  What he does, he does pretty darn well.  

With that said, he's just a Safety.  It's just not an impact position like many others are.   He can only do so much to effect the game.  

He's also far too talky for my tastes, especially for being a career loser (as in he plays for a horrible team that loses alot).  Save that sh*t talking, hype stuff for after you win champ.  JMO.  Humility and professionalism is a lost art in the NFL.

But like I say, if I could move him for two O-Linemen who could anchor my O-line the next 3-5 years, I make that deal in a millisecond, and twice on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

the problem with this scenario is that there is an OL shortage both in the league and in college and no one has 2 starting quality linemen to trade 

Yup.  Probably true.  Leaving future draft picks the only likely possible compensation.

A 1st and a 3rd?  I make that trade too.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

With that said, he's just a Safety.  It's just not an impact position like many others are.   He can only do so much to effect the game.  

He's also far too talky for my tastes, especially for being a career loser (as in he plays for a horrible team that loses alot).  Save that sh*t talking, hype stuff for after you win champ.  JMO.  Humility and professionalism is a lost art in the NFL.

But like I say, if I could move him for two O-Linemen who could anchor my O-line the next 3-5 years, I make that deal in a millisecond, and twice on Sunday.

FACTS.

shut up and play.

you're a safety.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Jets secondary still stinks. QB's do not fear having to throw the ball down the field against the Jets. We're on year 3 and Adams has one interception on a tipped pass in a blowout. He's a hybrid linebacker who's been given a lot of rope as it relates to freelancing around the LOS (largely based off of his draft status and productive self promotion) to get tackles- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Im not sure how much he's actually impacting the defense tbh. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets secondary still stinks. QB's do not fear having to throw the ball down the field against the Jets. We're on year 3 and Adams has one interception on a tipped pass in a blowout. He's a hybrid linebacker who's been given a lot of rope as it relates to freelancing around the LOS (largely based off of his draft status and productive self promotion) to get tackles- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Im not sure how much he's actually impacting the defense tbh. 

The whole team stinks I can think of about 50 reasons why that have nothing to do with Jamal . 

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I hated Idzik but if you dont have conviction in your decision you shouldnt make it. This is why we now have ugly new uniforms and a crappy offensive minded coach.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The uniforms are a massive upgrade to what we had. I also think Gase was the best choice of what was available. I know your upset but don't spout nonsense. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm not going to read 5 pages of reactions, so this has likely been shared elsewhere.

Adams gets an incredibly bad rap on this board.  He is the best player the Jets have.  Whether you like his personality or think he plays "a premium position" doesn't change that.  

He’s David Lee when Lee was a Knick , best player on a bad team gong nowhere , completely over rated by the fan base . 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm not going to read 5 pages of reactions, so this has likely been shared elsewhere.

Adams gets an incredibly bad rap on this board.  He is the best player the Jets have.  Whether you like his personality or think he doesn't play "a premium position" doesn't change that.  

I think it all boils down to we picked Jamal over Mahommes so people are assuming that if he isn't ed reed he was a wasted pick. 

We should be so lucky that all first round picks turn out as good as Jamal. It would be great if all 2nd round picks turned out like David Harris. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Well, Dallas has a plethora of good OL, so there's a potential trading partner right there. There's other teams with OL they may not need or feel like they are willing to deal. So while trading Jamal Adams for a couple OL is out of the question (I wouldn't do that anyway), there are many options available to the front office to fix the OL.

8 minutes ago, Jolot said:

He’s David Lee when Lee was a Knick , best player on a bad team gong nowhere , completely over rated by the fan base . 

I can't disagree more.  At least with the last part.  I think he's very under rated by the fan base because of what he's not, or who he was picked instead of.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

The whole team stinks I can think of about 50 reasons why that have nothing to do with Jamal . 

Sure, but if a trade nets a first rounder, you're looking at the possibility of taking more of an impact player with the pick. Who knows what Douglas values anyway, but hopefully it's different than interior linemen and strong safeties in the top 6. There's also the possibility this team still needs a QB. Everything should be on the table right now anyways.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Definitely great but also emotionally fragile. His feud with his family is over a girl that dumped him 2 years ago.

We all get angry, do dumb things... but any normal human would use the destruction of his mother’s house to reach back out with minimum “swallowing pride” involved due to force majure.

I can't disagree with you. I see it exactly the same way.

• Upvote 1

Yes let’s just trade the best player we have from a team already bereft of any semblance of talent. If I were a player I wouldn’t want to play here either— nothing but angry drunk old men fans who sh*t on everyone and everything. He’s done nothing but buy in and play since he’s been here but you guys hate him for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Isn’t this the problem? Being the best player on a 9-25 team isn’t really something to hang your hat on.

Yes that is a problem.  That's not Adams problem though.  He shouldn't get the venom for it.  Not saying everyone views it that way, but some do

• Sympathy 1