Jamal has unfollowed the Jets on IG

prime21

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It'd be nice if Jamal would do something to help make the defense not be terrible.  

For all the excuses about Jamal "not being the problem", there's no case to suggest he's part of the solution either.  He may be low on the list of problems, but it's also true that he's no better than the 4th most impactful defender on this team.  He isn't the primary or backup playcaller on D.  He doesn't create turnovers.  He's constantly a step slow in coverage.  He doesn't help us get pressure on the QB.  He's a freelance Linebacker.  Cool.  You can find guys like that in the 4th round of the draft.  

He's been the best player we have had in the past two years in getting pressure on the QB.  It definitely shouldn't be him but sadly it is.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because we need talented players at premium positions.  Adams is a talented player at a position that doesn't matter.  Simple as that.  

We need the best players on this team to be a QB, LT, EDGE, CB1 and WR1, and basically in that order.  Not a Box Safety/Hybrid LB.

the concept of actually dedicating draft resources to help your qb has eluded this franchise since the 80s.  hopefully douglas gets it.  it's going to be a long season.  maybe by the time darnold gets back the OL will have figured out how not to imitate matadors.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think we'd see a huge downturn.  his replacement would not be as good as he is though.  

the larger problem is that adams is more focused on his social media profile than the team and locker room.  darnold wouldn't be messing around with this, he is all about the team

You think a player’s interaction on social media takes away from his preparation and play on the field? 

And Darnold isn’t a social media creature so it’s a silly comparison. Most good players in the NFL are social media hounds and it doesn’t have any effect on their play or preparation. 

Different strokes for different folks, neither is wrong. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

the concept of actually dedicating draft resources to help your qb has eluded this franchise since the 80s.  hopefully douglas gets it.  it's going to be a long season.  maybe by the time darnold gets back the OL will have figured out how not to imitate matadors.

Yep.  Just because pretty much all of our past GM's have failed to improve this team in the draft doesn't mean we can stop trying.  We're not buying good players in free agency to this trash heap until we build a core of solid young talent.  Have to hope JD has a plan.  If he doesn't, we're f*cked regardless.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty awesome that these national NFL hacks all have Jamal’s cell number at the ready. Sort of explains why he gets positive press despite not contributing dick on the field. 

adams is an excellent self promoter.  i wonder if the real leaders in that lockerroom like mosley, darnold and mcclendon see thru this

• Upvote 2

Just now, Peace Frog said:

You think a player’s interaction on social media takes away from his preparation and play on the field? 

And Darnold isn’t a social media creature so it’s a silly comparison. Most good players in the NFL are social media hounds and it doesn’t have any effect on their play or preparation. 

Different strokes for different folks, neither is wrong. 

doesn't take away from preparation, but the optic says that adams is first and foremost concerned about his own image.

28 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

If we traded Jamal it would just create another hole.  Might as well keep a guy on his first contract until it's obvious that we can't build a team with him.

A hole that can be filled with a 4th/5th round pick or cheap FA signing. 

No, we wouldn't get an elite SS out of that in all likelihood.  But does it really matter?  Replace Jamal Adams with Rontez Miles and we're 7-27 rather than 9-25.  The horror.  

Most important positions on defense, in order:

1.  EDGE

2.  CB1

3.  Another EDGE

4.  ILB

5.  CB2

6.  DL

7.  FS

8.  Slot Corner

9.  SS

• Upvote 3

To be fair, an amazing edge rusher last night would have had the same impact thanks to an offense that couldn't get a first down. Maye played great. the CBs actually held their own most of the night. They did a good job pressuring Mayfield. We just kept punting from our own 10 and giving the Browns great field position. 

Right. The D came to play and played hard all game with almost zero support from the offense. I’m beginning to have difficulty reading a lot of the drivel on here. It’s Fin absurd.

We simply don’t deserve to have good players. People “fans” were talking about getting rid of darnold after one game. The internet was gross the way sam was talked about. Fire Gase! Jamal Adams sucks!

Why the hell anyone would want to play here is honestly beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Right. The D came to play and played hard all game with almost zero support from the offense. I’m beginning to have difficulty reading a lot of the drivel on here. It’s Fin absurd.

We simply don’t deserve to have good players. People “fans” were talking about getting rid of darnold after one game. The internet was gross the way sam was talked about. Fire Gase! Jamal Adams sucks!

Why the hell anyone would want to play here is honestly beyond me.

Exactly what I believe. They hate him simply because he was drafted in the top ten. Something that was completely out of his control. 

Jets fans are a weird lot

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think Jamal is a great player and the hate he gets is silly. I also think the Jets should try to trade him if they can get good value so they can rebuild the team correctly.

I wonder if he's been informed of a trade and it hurt his feelings.

His role is useless. He can’t cover and he’s not a LB. Trade him now to some dumb azz team while his hype is up.

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Those trash talking sessions with Gase in training camp sure paid dividends. Gase has done just about everything wrong since coming here.

I did not like the hire at all but look at the roster. 3rd QB. Johnson was actually benched. That's progress from a locker room standpoint. Agree on the uniforms- amateur hour.

• Upvote 1

I did not like the hire at all but look at the roster. 3rd QB. Johnson was actually benched. That's progress from a locker room standpoint. Agree on the uniforms- amateur hour.

Agree on the benching. But look at everything else. Letting your DC go all Rex Ryan with the trash talking all week. Two separate head coaches? When on earth are we going to get a HC that coaches the entire team?

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Bottom line is this is stupid and Adams should really know better. We're 0-2, the media sharks are circling, and he is pulling stuff like this... 

Why even bother updating your social media bio? Nothing better to do this morning???

Like figuring out how he & Maye could give up a 26 yard play directly in the middle of the field on 3rd & 20?

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

also have to wonder when leo will start to be phased out.  guys like basham are better.  nobody is married to mccagnan's guys anymore, with darnold the only exception.