Jamal has unfollowed the Jets on IG

prime21

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Agree on the benching. But look at everything else. Letting your DC go all Rex Ryan with the trash talking all week. Two separate head coaches? When on earth are we going to get a HC that coaches the entire team?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ownership. Nothing we can do. Still a vague reporting structure. I think any expectation that the Johnson's ever figure it or (or even care to figure it out) is all but gone. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Good take, until you remember that the only reason he got the job is because the Jets thought he was the right guy to develop Darnold. 

Gase clearly has some sort of mind control over the Johnson's. If the Jets are picking #1 and Gase feels Tagovailoa has a bigger upside than Darnold they're taking Tua #1

Just now, JiF said:

Meh, he drools over the kid. Unless he's completely full of sh*t, which is totally possible.  He's almost creepy about his man crush on Sam.

Everyone dismisses the report about how he didnt like Darnold/preferred Baker and his quip about preparing for Rodgers vs Darnold...but hey, we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fire take: Gase aint married to Darnold either.

true, to be fair.  but are the jets really going to get a better prospect than darnold this draft even if they traded him for picks?  there are other teams tanking.  

best case, darnold returns after the bye and they beat either phily or dallas and darnold becomes the undisputed leader of the team and all this adams nonsense either goes away or they trade him.  looks like the safeties are whining a lot these days, from minkah to ramsey, now adams is at it again on social media.  the new diva position.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Everyone dismisses the report about how he didnt like Darnold/preferred Baker and his quip about preparing for Rodgers vs Darnold...but hey, we'll see.

I dont see the big deal if he did prefer Baker.  I'm just saying, everything he's said since he's started working with Darnold is basically, he's a freak who blows my mind. 

Again, could be full of sh*t but just go look at some of the 1 Jets Drive stuff.  He drools over him. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont see the big deal if he did prefer Baker.  I'm just saying, everything he's said since he's started working with Darnold is basically, he's a freak who blows my mind. 

Again, could be full of sh*t but just go look at some of the 1 Jets Drive stuff.  He drools over him. 

Hopefully he's back sooner than later and puts up some good games/wins and everything goes back to somewhat normal. Its a message board and I share the gut feelz sometimes and it angers people for whatever reason. Just my opinion/tea leaves gut.

58 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

doesn't take away from preparation, but the optic says that adams is first and foremost concerned about his own image.

That’s your perception, that’s on you.

I saw a guy trying to do everything he could last night while Rome burned around him.

I get it, fans want 53 Darnolds. That’s not the modern athlete.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Just like I said last night; do what the Fins are doing trade the underachievers out for 2020 draft picks and build the OFFENSIVE not DEFENSIVE line. All those wasted high picks and the Jets still can't get to the QB

Trust God Clean house Help others 

Dr. Bob

He is so overrated. Trade him now. Our defense in the 3 years with him has not gotten any better. Maye might be better than Adams actually. If we don't trade Adams now we will regret it when we have to pay him a big contract. His one thing he brought was leadership, but the Jets brought in his replacement in Mosley. Trade him for a 1st or get a LT or CB in return. One scenario would be to trade him to the Cowboys for Byron Jones. The other would be to trade him to the Redskins for Trent Williams. Both of those players I would rather have than Adams.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm not going to read 5 pages of reactions, so this has likely been shared elsewhere.

Adams gets an incredibly bad rap on this board.  He is the best player the Jets have.  Whether you like his personality or think he doesn't play "a premium position" doesn't change that.  

Mosely and Bell are both better and materially more impactful.

With that said, pre those two, yes, he probably was the best player.

Which says more about our lack of talent, than it does about Jamal Adams.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A hole that can be filled with a 4th/5th round pick or cheap FA signing. 

No, we wouldn't get an elite SS out of that in all likelihood.  But does it really matter?  Replace Jamal Adams with Rontez Miles and we're 7-27 rather than 9-25.  The horror.  

Most important positions on defense, in order:

1.  EDGE

2.  CB1

3.  Another EDGE

4.  ILB

5.  CB2

6.  DL

7.  FS

8.  Slot Corner

9.  SS

I actually think nickel/TE covering slot corner is higher than CB2. in the modern NFL, I think the DL is a position that you just need to be "not bad". Not very many Donalds and Watts in the world and trying to find one in the first round is fool's gold. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

I saw a guy trying to do everything he could last night while Rome burned around him.

undisciplined player, too many penalties, not instinctive in coverage, too interested in social media, too much self promotion, not enough money impact plays.  he's a pretty good safety but not a true all pro.  that's my opinion of jamal adams.  

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The modern athlete. You gotta have balls to wear this. In reality, it screams of insecurity.

D667C3F5-7547-4EFF-B6D7-FB991C81D057.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Hopefully he's back sooner than later and puts up some good games/wins and everything goes back to somewhat normal. Its a message board and I share the gut feelz sometimes and it angers people for whatever reason. Just my opinion/tea leaves gut.

It doesnt anger me, sometimes I think you just tend to have some observation bias because or your gut.  We all do.  I think it's natural.  I obviously respect your opinion our I would engage you on it. 

I've seen enough from Darnold to be very excited and cautiously confident we found the guy from a skill set/talent perspective.  Whether he's a man enough to get it done on the biggest stage is more the question.  Just not sure if he has the balls.  Last year it was the "ankle" now it's mono.  Get past this dumb sh*t and we have a player.

Gase on the other hand, that could be a disaster. He's a nut job. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

undisciplined player, too many penalties, not instinctive in coverage, too interested in social media, too much self promotion, not enough money impact plays.  he's a pretty good safety but not a true all pro.  that's my opinion of jamal adams.  

Your opinion differs from those who voted him second team All Pro last year. 

The “too interested in social media” is funny though.  

1 hour ago, tdoublee said:

Jamal is the 37th best player in the NFL (according to his peers) and he appears to be a great leader.

That said, he will command a huge payday when his contract it's up. If we could get a first for him I'd probably pull the trigger now while his stock is at an all time high.

If JD did this I’d give him an extension as soon as the ink dries. And he’d be GM of the year!!!!!