Untouchable

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

1st round: WR Jerry Jeudy - Alabama

2nd round: C Tyler Biadasz - Wisconsin 

3rd round: OT Alaric Jackson - Iowa 

4th round: CB Levonta Taylor - Florida State 

5th round: EDGE Joe Gaziano - Northwestern 

6th round: RB Reggie Corbin - Indiana 

Obviously I love Jeudy and what he brings to an offense but what good is he if the QB is on his backside ?

• Sympathy 1

I have to imagine that the chances of us trading back this year will be (for once) good.... I know, call me an idiot for being optimistic -- but, this roster is on life support, and we'll likely end up with a top 5 pick, the way things are going... that's a trade out scenario if i've ever seen one. 

trading back and taking Higgins>>>>staying put for Jeudy

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Where the Jets will be picking this year in the first round,  there is ONLY two possible positions to draft.  WR or OT.   That’s f***ing it.  That’s where the value will be and that’s where the players will be.  No edge, no corner certainly no DT.   

If anyone brings up any other position it should be met with immediate banning.   The first guy that mentions Chase Young from OSU, gone, goodbye.  

I'm on record.  I've abandoned my; BAP/let the draft dictate who you take philosophy and dont reach for need.  It's official.  I'm a reacher.  Give me offense, offense and more offense the whole way through.  Play 11 UDFA's on D for all I care.  Just create a ******* offense that can score at will.  Nothing else matters if you can outscore everyone. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I have to imagine that the chances of us trading back this year will be (for once) good.... I know, call me an idiot for being optimistic -- but, this roster is on life support, and we'll likely end up with a top 5 pick, the way things are going... that's a trade out scenario if i've ever seen one. 

Or start a fire sale internally and start getting some picks...

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm on record.  I've abandoned my; BAP/let the draft dictate who you take philosophy and dont reach for need.  It's official.  I'm a reacher.  Give me offense, offense and more offense the whole way through.  Play 11 UDFA's on D for all I care.  Just create a ******* offense that can score at will.  Nothing else matters if you can outscore everyone. 

Agreed.  The good thing is that you won’t have to reach to grab offensive talent, the players will be there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  The good thing is that you won’t have to reach to grab offensive talent, the players will be there.  

Yep, Im just saying...if by the off chance we're in that spot where a run on offense goes and you're staring a CB or some sh*t...reach.  Pass on that F'ing CB and reach for offense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Step 1: Put together aforementioned offense that can score at will.

Step 2: Draft pass rushers.

Step 3: Championship?

Feel like you get a lead, let your pass rush get loose, and go. Meanwhile Jets GM's have been drafting every other defensive position under the sun. 

1 hour ago, derp said:

Step 1: Put together aforementioned offense that can score at will.

Step 2: Draft pass rushers.

Step 3: Championship?

Feel like you get a lead, let your pass rush get loose, and go. Meanwhile Jets GM's have been drafting every other defensive position under the sun. 

I mean, wasnt this essentially what Indy was all those years under Dungy/Caldwell?  The team that won 12 games a year for a decade.  They built an unstoppable offense around Peyton and had 2 bad ass pass rushers in Freeney and Mathis and started filling in the gaps around them over the years to finally make it a couple of times and win 1. 

I'll take that.  That would be nice.  At the very least, it wouldnt suck. 

51 minutes ago, JiF said:

I mean, wasnt this essentially what Indy was all those years under Dungy/Caldwell?  The team that won 12 games a year for a decade.  They built an unstoppable offense around Peyton and had 2 bad ass pass rushers in Freeney and Mathis and started filling in the gaps around them over the years to finally make it a couple of times and win 1. 

Kind of seems to be KC's plan too. Definitely wouldn't suck.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JiF said:

Last year was our chance to do just that.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Assuming we're picking top 5 I feel like Andrew Thomas feels like the obvious pick at this point.

Any way to steal Andrew Thomas in next years draft is a necessity... Walker Little is good but Andrew Thomas is the Left Tackle for the next 15 years if they can get him. Beyond those two I think you have to go CB, DE, WR if you miss out.  Draft OL for the next 3 rounds after. Deep OL draft... only 2 worthy of a first round pick IMHO.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:38 AM, jetstream23 said:

Trade down from #4 to #9 and take the second best OT or WR. Use the 2nd round pick we gain to get the position we missed in the 1st. 

If AT at 4 is there, you can't let him go... dropping to 9 you will miss the 2 best OL in the draft ... can't let that happen... 

16 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Any way to steal Andrew Thomas in next years draft is a necessity... Walker Little is good but Andrew Thomas is the Left Tackle for the next 15 years if they can get him. Beyond those two I think you have to go CB, DE, WR if you miss out.  Draft OL for the next 3 rounds after. Deep OL draft... only 2 worthy of a first round pick IMHO.

Walker Little dislocated his knee and had season ending surgery a couple weeks ago, doubtful he will be ready for Pre-draft workouts, he may even go back to Stanford for another year.  Wirfs will be in the discussion as one of the top OTs in this draft.  

In a trade down scenario you may not get a premium OT but you could very well end up with a combo of Tee Higgins and Tyler Biadasz or Higgins and Creed Humphrey.   That’s if Joe D can trade down and secure another first.  

26 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Walker Little dislocated his knee and had season ending surgery a couple weeks ago, doubtful he will be ready for Pre-draft workouts, he may even go back to Stanford for another year.  Wirfs will be in the discussion as one of the top OTs in this draft.  

In a trade down scenario you may not get a premium OT but you could very well end up with a combo of Tee Higgins and Tyler Biadasz or Higgins and Creed Humphrey.   That’s if Joe D can trade down and secure another first.  

That's unfortunate... I missed that... I agree that Wirfs is up there. I would just be upset if they were picking that high and didn't get a guy that looks dominate at his position at a huge area of need for the Jets.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:47 AM, Paradis said:

i would agree, trading out of the top 5 to the top 10 would keep them in striking distance for higgins and the other OT available it would seem.  This team needs so much talent, its almost criminal to not trade down in this draft if we're top 5, especially this year where there are going to be highly thought of QBs.  If we some how end up top 3 watch out, we're probably getting  a draft day haul.