Sam Darnold will be on with Michale Kay today to talk about his mono diagnosis for the first time.

Jetsbb

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is encouraging news.  If he was having cold sweats the night b4, he was really sick.  Hopefully, that is why he was so awful week 1.

Sounds like he has a light case of mono.  He will have plenty of time to recover for week 5.

Playing behind our offensive line is way worse for his health than mono. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We also might have the luckiest timing on the Bye week ever.

Not sure he makes the Eagles game I hope he does? - It’s then going to be totally about does Sam have “it” when he returns. Since the season will be over by then play offs wise.

I’m also hoping we can have a little bit of pass blocking by then, and line combination has improved..

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Did you guys watch what happened to Trevor Siemien last night? Hellooooo? Earth to JI Posters? You seriously want your franchise QB to come back and stand behind that ridiculous OL and possibly get killed? Granted we have no offensive ingenuity so there will be no roll outs or the like to try and avoid pressure so he would in essence be a sitting duck. Darnold Duck LOL (oh that was f***ng bad). I do not want to see #14 play again until we get a competent OL in front of him. It serves no purpose for him to come back at 0 and whatever and get beat up and possibly beat Miami once. The Eagles, Cowboys and Jags all have lethal pass rushes.

You do realize a good QB also plays a big role in his protection with the calls he’s making on the line pre snap and getting rid of the ball matters?  Siemien was very green and not yet comfortable in the offense.  Darnold is light years ahead of him in every category in this regard and would have had the defense on their heels earlier.  Siemien had 8 in the box staring at him after the second 3 and out.

That and Garret committed his second roughing the passer penalty and should have been thrown out of the game.

I mean do fans know football anymore?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Did you guys watch what happened to Trevor Siemien last night? Hellooooo? Earth to JI Posters? You seriously want your franchise QB to come back and stand behind that ridiculous OL and possibly get killed? Granted we have no offensive ingenuity so there will be no roll outs or the like to try and avoid pressure so he would in essence be a sitting duck. Darnold Duck LOL (oh that was f***ng bad). I do not want to see #14 play again until we get a competent OL in front of him. It serves no purpose for him to come back at 0 and whatever and get beat up and possibly beat Miami once. The Eagles, Cowboys and Jags all have lethal pass rushes.

It's bad communication more than anything, Ash. You know this line isn't as bad as it has shown thus far. I've said this before, I don't think anyone on that OL had any idea what their assignment was on a play by play basis or if they did it clearly wasn't communicated well enough. But I agree with you until the communication lapses can be remedied, Sammy should not start. It's that bad and we shouldn't endanger our franchise player that way.

I find Sam to be so straight-laced and Nerdy that he's almost funny without trying to be funny. I actually enjoy the Michael Kay show, and as they stated on the show another listener had called in and said that the head coach and quarterback interviews are the best they've ever been and I agree. Gase is especially a good interview, he's just a total cock at the presser when he loses.