Gase Injury Updates & Other Comments: Siemian Out For Season

Lith

The Luke Falk era is upon us 

And I’m excited about it. It will be good to see him for a few weeks. He was light years more effective than Trevor. He got us down there in scoring position twice. The game wasn’t that far out of hand until the blown 4th and 2 and the subsequent Beckham TD

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Luke Falk was the 199th pick in the 6th round of the NFL draft. 

Hmm. 

SAR I

I was thinking that today... Wasn't highly regarded, lanky, questionable arm, blah blah blah blah blah.  He does have that steely look in his eyes like nothing distracts him.   Hey, it's happened before right? ?

• Upvote 1

He's a really good developmental QB prospect that has really flashed in 2 offseasons, but he is an UDFA so not really getting his shot. 

Interesting. I wonder what route they will go fir folks backup. I would think they’ll try to get some experience instead of another young UDFA type but who’s out there?

I’d be down for seeing what this guy could bring but we have to consider it’s likely falk is gonna get hurt wit the way the OL is playing

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

20 minutes ago, LSJF said:

A crappy signing by JD, I thought Sam had chemistry with a hungry j Harrison , Ryan coming off the couch To collect 8 million...  Joe Douglas Has to be better than Mac , But this move was an expensive clunker

It took Gase SEVEN quarters of football to realize Kalil wasn't "ready yet?" WTF

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetfan61 said:

I was thinking that today... Wasn't highly regarded, lanky, questionable arm, blah blah blah blah blah.  He does have that steely look in his eyes like nothing distracts him.   Hey, it's happened before right? ?

...and I was there.  Pats fans were mocking me in my Pennington jersey, saying how it was stupid to buy a backup's threads and a few minutes later, in comes scrawny Brady, they themselves laughed at the irony.  He almost pulled it off too.  Held on for dear life.  I can still remember Bledsoe's ambulance whizzing by at 100 mph.  First game after 9/11 too.  That was one crazy afternoon.

SAR I

Just now, Lith said:

Sounds like we will be without QW, Mosley, Jenkins -- and now add Poole to the injury list.

I really hope this bye week gets everyone healthy. We can’t afford to keep losing starters. The bye week has to be our coming together party. 0-0 and a new year in the minds of everyone. Because likely we’ll be 0-3 coming out of this Pats game.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sounds like we will be without QW, Mosley, Jenkins -- and now add Poole to the injury list.

Looks like the Jets are laying down for this game. From an injury perspective I can’t blame them. Anybody who is 50/50 to play this week I believe will quickly go to 0% by Sunday. Why put guys like Mosley, Williams, etc. at risk of aggravating something? Get them two more full weeks off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Looks like the Jets are laying down for this game. From an injury perspective I can’t blame them. Anybody who is 50/50 to play this week I believe will quickly go to 0% by Sunday. Why put guys like Mosley, Williams, etc. at risk of aggravating something? Get them two more full weeks off. 

I agree.  Lets face it.  Probably 99% chance we lose this game, even witha  healthy D.  Give these guys two weeks off and hoepfully we can come back healthy against the Eagles in week 5.  Find a way to win that game, hopefully with Darnold, Mosley, Quinnen all back, and there is still a chance we can get the season back on track.  I am trying to hold out some nugget of optimism.  But its getting harder and harder.

23 hours ago, Lith said:

For once, I agree with Manish.  No need to rush him back for Sunday -- take the bye week and let him come back for Philly

23 hours ago, Lith said:

May be a setback for QW.  I thought Gase said yesteday that he expected Williams to rpctice today.

Quite honestly, anyone who means anything to this team moving forward after the bye week, I wouldnt even play on Sunday.  If they're banged up in the slightest bit, give them the day off.  What's the point of playing them?  If I were Douglas, I'd be on the phone seeing if we could forfeit just to save from further injury. 

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I still think QW plays this week. 

Bro, please stop.  You're the ultimate kiss of death.  Try some reverse psychology sh*t for once.  

Like, start a thread.  "Brady is going to break every record in a single game a QB can break"  And maybe he'll break his neck instead. 

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JiF said:

@playtowinthegame why you hating bro?  lol  I'm giving you advice to how you can put your kiss of death on the Pats.  You should be jumping all over this!!!  

So whenever I'm wrong I'm the kiss of death. You could do that to almost anyone on this board including yourself. You're being childish. Stop it. 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

So whenever I'm wrong I'm the kiss of death. You could do that to almost anyone on this board including yourself. You're being childish. Stop it. 

I actually feel bad now, I thought you were taking this in stride and being a good sport about it.  Sorry dude. I'll lay off.

And I just noticed you said, you "think" QW will stay play, so this wasnt even one of your guarantees...so my ribbing didnt even apply and now I feel like a bigger jerk.

E-hug?  

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Saw this on Twitter.  The Jets 4 expected starting LBs this season were Jenkins, Mosely, Williamson, Copeland.

Zero of them will be playing this week.  Crazy.

Yeah, I’m not as concerned about ILB although Mosley is a big factor difference maker. Our OLB’s suck azz starters or not.

Its just all pile on time, can’t  think of a worse start to a season ever, considering the Player injuries, schedule etc. Also the fastest end to a season ever.

Perhaps next year we will look to end it before week one, it’s the only way it gets worse.