Frankly, I'm Ready For Falk To Lead The Biggest Upset Ever

PCP63

3 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Will be a folk hero in New York. The Patriots are as good as ever, and we're as bad as ever. Honestly, I thought for the most part, Falk played pretty well. And, more importantly, it seemed to energize our team, namely Bell. 

Any given Sunday. I think the season is trashed, and our future looks bleak, but I think we can pull off the greatest upset ever. Falk yeah. 

I wouldn't count on it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

PCP63's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Will be a folk hero in New York. The Patriots are as good as ever, and we're as bad as ever. Honestly, I thought for the most part, Falk played pretty well. And, more importantly, it seemed to energize our team, namely Bell. 

Any given Sunday. I think the season is trashed, and our future looks bleak, but I think we can pull off the greatest upset ever. Falk yeah. 

What strain are you smoking....cause I want some. ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Love the enthusiasm but methinks the Jets are about to get steamrolled by a QB and coach that loves to steamroll them.  

Sure, we could just lay down and rot. Accept our defeat. Or, the team could rally around their third-string QB, and beat the ******* Pats. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

Sure, we could just lay down and rot. Accept our defeat. Or, the team could rally around their third-string QB, and beat the ******* Pats. 

I don't think the team is going to lay down, I just think they are severely undermanned and outclassed and realistically have a very slim chance at best for a massive upset in this spot.  

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I don't think the team is going to lay down, I just think they are severely undermanned and outclassed and realistically have a very slim chance at best for a massive upset in this spot.  

Slim chance, but still a chance. Maybe Falk, Bell, and Robby have big games. Cashman plays like he did yesterday, and Adams doesn't make boneheaded plays. It's possible. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

What ifffff..... just a huge iiiiiiffffff.... Quinnen Williams splits the middle takes out Brady's legs and is out for the season...

Maybe... Just Maybe they can defeat the rookie QB.

But then knowing the Jets luck... Stidham probably comes in and they win the Superbowl despite losing Brady... 

Top reasons why there is no hope for this:

• The O-line is a sieve.  And there's no reason to expect they'll get any better in 6 days.  
  • This game is in New England.  We know they have a mathematically impossible edge there, due to cheating.  How will Falk handle things when his headset goes dead at the worst moments?
  • Belichick eats rookie/young QB's alive.  Especially when they're making their first-ever starts.  
  • The Patriots are loaded.  On both sides of the ball.  Enough said there. 
  • This is no longer a rivalry game.  For two teams to be "rivals", there need to be a history of close games between the teams.  The Patriots have won 6 straight against the Jets and 9 of the last 10, with 4 of the last 5 matchups being decided by 14 points or more (and 2 by 35+ points).  This isn't a rivalry anymore.  It's a hammer and nail relationship.  So this isn't a situation where the players "get up" for this one.  As Kelvin Beachum said, we're in a "world of suck" right now.  We have no business competing with the Patriots in any sense of the word, nor any real incentive to try outside of personal pride.  
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

So long as the D shows up again, you always have a chance.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Top reasons why there is no hope for this:

• The O-line is a sieve.  And there's no reason to expect they'll get any better in 6 days.  
  • This game is in New England.  We know they have a mathematically impossible edge there, due to cheating.  How will Falk handle things when his headset goes dead at the worst moments?
  • Belichick eats rookie/young QB's alive.  Especially when they're making their first-ever starts.  
  • The Patriots are loaded.  On both sides of the ball.  Enough said there. 
  • This is no longer a rivalry game.  For two teams to be "rivals", there need to be a history of close games between the teams.  The Patriots have won 6 straight against the Jets and 9 of the last 10, with 4 of the last 5 matchups being decided by 14 points or more (and 2 by 35+ points).  This isn't a rivalry anymore.  It's a hammer and nail relationship.  So this isn't a situation where the players "get up" for this one.  As Kelvin Beachum said, we're in a "world of suck" right now.  We have no business competing with the Patriots in any sense of the word, nor any real incentive to try outside of personal pride.  

None of that will matter if the Pats have a bad game, and we have a great one. 

45 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

PCP63's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Animal House Lets GIF by swerk

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Same Old said:

"D shows up again"

When's the last time that happened?

The defense has three top 10 picks on it plus nearly $40M in cap space tied up in 3 players (Leo, Mosley, Trumaine Johnson), the 3 most expensive on the roster.  Plus a supposed top 10 Defensive Coordinator running it.  Yet when people complain about that unit, some Jets fans scream about how you can't blame the defense for anything.  

• Upvote 1