Frankly, I'm Ready For Falk To Lead The Biggest Upset Ever

PCP63

I mean its less crazy than it seems. 

A few glimmers of hope:

1) The Pats have three starting OL out, including both tackles.  All three were really good players, and the depth at those positions was paper thin (forcing BB to use draft picks in the offseason to improve).  Whether this depth shows up or not is a big question mark, and as we've seen bad OL play can derail things in a hurry, even for a top team.

2) BB has very little footage of Falk to go off of. 

3) Brady isn't super in synch yet with Gordon and AB.   It's clear that there are still a lot of timing issues, and I'm still not convinced Gordon is anywhere near the player he once was.  For that matter, AB may or may not play.

4) Brady and Edelman are getting old.  While they're still great players, you can see the movement isn't quite as crisp as it once was.  Brady in particular isn't moving as well in the pocket, and he took a few sacks b/c of it during the Miami game.  (unfortunately he can still sling the ball with great accuracy).

5) They have no TEs that you have to game plan for or for that matter that block well, which makes their running game a lot less scary than the one that gashed the AFC in the playoffs and SB.

6) They don't quite have the same pass rush as last year.  They still seal the edges really well, and they have an ok rush on 3rd down, but they no longer have the elite edge rusher in his prime like Flowers last year.

The problem is really everything else.  The fact that we won't be able to run against their D, or to pass against them, and that their skill players are much better than our defenders. 

8 hours ago, ItsTheSameOldJets said:

I would love to see it happen as much as the next guy but...we are dead in the water 

If you know anything about the Patriots, they always go into one of their early games overconfident and somehow suffer a shocking upset.

It would be one of the most Jetsiest Jets moments, wouldn't it?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Krappedetector said:

The NFL should be ashamed of, and therefore dissolve, the AFC East Division.

When the Jets are sitting at 7-6 with 3 winnable games to go and the Bills clash becomes a win-and-in for both teams, the AFC East will be looking pretty smart.  A strange beginning to a special season.

SAR I

I mean its less crazy than it seems. 
A few glimmers of hope:
1) The Pats have three starting OL out, including both tackles.  All three were really good players, and the depth at those positions was paper thin (forcing BB to use draft picks in the offseason to improve).  Whether this depth shows up or not is a big question mark, and as we've seen bad OL play can derail things in a hurry, even for a top team.

The Pats could send 5 Wayne Hunter’s out there and it wouldn’t matter. They get away with holding on every play.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you know anything about the Patriots, they always go into one of their early games overconfident and somehow suffer a shocking upset.

It would be one of the most Jetsiest Jets moments, wouldn't it?

SAR I

What would be even more Jetsy:

-Falk looks good throws for 3 TDs and 300 yards... 

- week 5 eagles Sam still can't go, falk destroys the eagles banged up secondary... 4 TDs... 

- Week 6 Sam is back but everyone questions whether he is ready... Plays poor... 3 INTs 0 TDs... Trying to do too much... Trying to make up for lost time. 

- Week 7 after miracle win in week 3... BB  is pissed, pulls out all the stops and force Sam for no TDs again... Media and fans are all over Darnold telling he is a failure and sucks... The Falk fans start coming out... 

-Week 8 Jags Come to town and Sam plays well but still loses... Questions swirl is Falk better? 

-Week 9 Jets win in a huge victory and all the doubters are now declared wrong... 

-Week 10 Danny Dimes drops dimes all over the secondary again and Jets lose a close battle 37-35..

-Week 11 Sam escapes a victory only scoring 1 TD and 5 FGs

- Week 12-14 decent victories nothing impressive

Week 15 Ravens come in and Crackback Sam in a Sack... Hurts his ankle as they sh*t him down for the year... Falk throws for 1 TD and they score 2 more behind bell.. Come from behind victory.. 

Week 16 Falk throws another great game and wins Again... 

Week 17 Revenge game Falk destroys the best defense in the league... 

The whole off season narrative is that Falk looked better and is he actually the better QB... With Darnold injury issues and turn over problems.. 

QB Competition throughout train camps..

They are both ok and nothing is deciding who is better... 

Preseason comes around and both QBs are pushing for starting job... Sam gets injured again playing late into preseason because there is a competition. 

Darnold is out for the year... 

Comes back next year and doesn't look the same... People are judging is he Bradford... Ponder... Sanchez... 

Jets believe anyway give a huge extension and end up with a terrible contrasct they can't get out of after it turns out Darnold really is Sanchez in diguise

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Will be a folk hero in New York. The Patriots are as good as ever, and we're as bad as ever. Honestly, I thought for the most part, Falk played pretty well. And, more importantly, it seemed to energize our team, namely Bell. 

Any given Sunday. I think the season is trashed, and our future looks bleak, but I think we can pull off the greatest upset ever. Falk yeah. 

"Falk hero"

I’m hoping Falk plays well enough to cement himself a nice role here as Sam’s long term backup? - In reality we are going to Foxbrough against the best Pats team in years, coming off yet another Super Bowl Win.

Its not ending well, I’am though keen to see if we change the line, and get some more protection? - Plus seeing if the young players like Cashman play well and perhaps get Q Williams back?

Apart from that, let’s see if we can get our first offensive TD of the year, and hold the Pats under the 43 the Fins gave up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Top reasons why there is no hope for this:

• The O-line is a sieve.  And there's no reason to expect they'll get any better in 6 days.  
  • This game is in New England.  We know they have a mathematically impossible edge there, due to cheating.  How will Falk handle things when his headset goes dead at the worst moments?
  • Belichick eats rookie/young QB's alive.  Especially when they're making their first-ever starts.  
  • The Patriots are loaded.  On both sides of the ball.  Enough said there. 
  • This is no longer a rivalry game.  For two teams to be "rivals", there need to be a history of close games between the teams.  The Patriots have won 6 straight against the Jets and 9 of the last 10, with 4 of the last 5 matchups being decided by 14 points or more (and 2 by 35+ points).  This isn't a rivalry anymore.  It's a hammer and nail relationship.  So this isn't a situation where the players "get up" for this one.  As Kelvin Beachum said, we're in a "world of suck" right now.  We have no business competing with the Patriots in any sense of the word, nor any real incentive to try outside of personal pride.  

You forgot something.

Even if the players on the field and the coaching were evenly matched (which I'm not sure we'll ever see), the Jets still would have the additional hurdle of overcoming the "script". 

The Pats have every advantage, including the fact that a minimum net of 5 very shady calls/non-calls will go their way.

• Upvote 2

This is the stuff that writes story books...

No Chance... 

Everyone writes off the team starting a 3rd string QB facing the greatest QB of all-time. Against the best HC of all-time. 

Luke Falk drafted #199 like Brady... from Washington State like Bledsoe comes from nowhere to defeat the immortal Tom Brady with his deepest and best set of weapons at his disposal over nearly 20 years of playing in the NFL.

No, of course it won't happen... We will see a typical Jet blowout but wouldn't it be nice to see Folk (Falk) Hero... to save the season... alright... dream over..

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This is the stuff that writes story books...

No Chance... 

Everyone writes off the team starting a 3rd string QB facing the greatest QB of all-time. Against the best HC of all-time. 

Luke Falk drafted #199 like Brady... from Washington State like Bledsoe comes from nowhere to defeat the immortal Tom Brady with his deepest and best set of weapons at his disposal over nearly 20 years of playing in the NFL.

No, of course it won't happen... We will see a typical Jet blowout but wouldn't it be nice to see Folk (Falk) Hero... to save the season... alright... dream over..

It can happen. Definitely possible. I, for one, will maintain hope until proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1