Pondering a Leo trade to the Eagles

GREENBEAN

Sorry can’t post the article for some reason. Probably my age.

This article has to be talking about someone else but if the Eagles feel the same about Leo as the author does, I would seriously consider this trade. Leo is giving us nothing that the younger guys can’t. He is as pedestrian as could be. Sucks. I wanted to like him and for him to succeed but it’s obvious that he will most likely never be what we had hoped.

Get it done joe!

https://section215.com/2019/09/17/philadelphia-eagles-williams-trade/

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Gonna jump on this while it is just a discussion and not a maccagnan screwed us for all eternity thread. 

I'm thinking I agree with you on this.  I really want to like Leo. He appears to be a good teammate, etc. However the production just isn't there. Especially considering the price tag. I think if you could squeeze a second and say a fourth or fifth, do it. Shoot, maybe even a third, if we're not gonna sign him anyway.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

It would work for me. I had high hopes for Leo when he was drafted, but resigning him would be a mistake. If they could get a serviceable OL, WR or CB and a mid level draft pick in the next year or two, I'd be for it. After all, Q. Williams will eventually supplant him at a lower price, and I see him exceeding the low ceiling Leo has hit. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, naturalscience said:

Gonna jump on this while it is just a discussion and not a maccagnan screwed us for all eternity thread. 

I'm thinking I agree with you on this.  I really want to like Leo. He appears to be a good teammate, etc. However the production just isn't there. Especially considering the price tag. I think if you could squeeze a second and say a fourth or fifth, do it. Shoot, maybe even a third, if we're not gonna sign him anyway.  

I loved Leo and really had high expectations but I can’t help but to agree at this point. Trade deadline stays open until week 7. They need to gameplan around him as much as they can to build up some interest in him, a 5th rounder after giving him 14 million this year would just be awful 

3 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I loved Leo and really had high expectations but I can’t help but to agree at this point. Trade deadline stays open until week 7. They need to gameplan around him as much as they can to build up some interest in him, a 5th rounder after giving him 14 million this year would just be awful 

It would be even worse to get a zero rounder for him.......

• Sympathy 1

I would think a good fat 2nd would be appropriate if the author has any say.

You nailed it. Leo is seemingly a good guy who everyone likes. Good mentorish type who has been healthy fir the most part. But 7 tackles in two weeks when the team absolutely needed someone to step up is atrocious. Fatukasi can give the same production and a svelt looking McClendon looked markedly better last night.

I even saw Leo take a bad angle on one of the rare plays he penetrated. I was like come on man!!! He just can’t do it. Or at least can’t do it here. I take the 2nd for sure she would consider a 3rd.

The author looks to be 12 years old and he also wrote this line: 
No, having essentially two Fletcher Coxes (Coxii?) in the trenches would change the way opposing coaches play the Eagles for a full 60 minutes.

lol. The same line caught my eye. Who is this guy? Leo’s dad?

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I would think a good fat 2nd would be appropriate if the author has any say.

You nailed it. Leo is seemingly a good guy who everyone likes. Good mentorish type who has been healthy fir the most part. But 7 tackles in two weeks when the team absolutely needed someone to step up is atrocious. Fatukasi can give the same production and a svelt looking McClendon looked markedly better last night.

I even saw Leo take a bad angle on one of the rare plays he penetrated. I was like come on man!!! He just can’t do it. Or at least can’t do it here. I take the 2nd for sure she would consider a 3rd.

I'm negotiating on the premise that losing him in free agency gets a third round comp pick. So I'm saying to the eagles if you want to get past Brady and Brown this year you're going to want some more push up the middle. Give us a 3 and a 5 and you won't have to wait till next year to maybe get him free agency. 

I'm negotiating on the premise that losing him in free agency gets a third round comp pick. So I'm saying to the eagles if you want to get past Brady and Brown this year you're going to want some more push up the middle. Give us a 3 and a 5 and you won't have to wait till next year to maybe get him free agency. 

Right but we only get a comp pick if we don’t sign more FA than we lose. I don’t know if that will be the case.

I really hope it gets done. The Leo experiment is pretty much over. 5 seasons of truly subpar performance and last night showed that he is incapable of stepping up to Lead the D when they need him to. Bummer.

Let’s hope a trade can happen that gets us some good draft currency.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right but we only get a comp pick if we don’t sign more FA than we lose. I don’t know if that will be the case.

I really hope it gets done. The Leo experiment is pretty much over. 5 seasons of truly subpar performance and last night showed that he is incapable of stepping up to Lead the D when they need him to. Bummer.

Let’s hope a trade can happen that gets us some good draft currency.

Knowing us we probably wouldn't be getting a comp pick but I'm still gonna try to use that as the value marker. Try a play that "missing piece angle". See if they bite.

It is shame. Really like to see the good teammate types work out.

Who knows maybe he'll take like 3 mill a year. Lol.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Lets apply logic. If the guy isn't good enough to stick out on one of the worst teams in the league why would a good team want to give us anything of value for him?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Because his name has value. His draft position hasn’t been forgot in anyone’s mind and people outside of this organization think he’s a stud. 

Because his name has value. His draft position hasn’t been forgot in anyone’s mind and people outside of this organization think he’s a stud. 

Agreed.
And because the thread is discussing an article that was linked to it. That’s why

Knowing us we probably wouldn't be getting a comp pick but I'm still gonna try to use that as the value marker. Try a play that "missing piece angle". See if they bite.
It is shame. Really like to see the good teammate types work out.
Who knows maybe he'll take like 3 mill a year. Lol.

Hahaha. Could you imagine? “Leo takes a major home team discount because he wants to finish what we started in NY.”
The never ending rebuild continues

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's almost as if the people who were screaming for him to be traded before and after the draft were right. And the, "he gets doubled all of the time" and "he'll be a beast with Greg Williams" crowds were wrong. Just wanted to point that out.

And here is the gold star that you are obviously craving.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This thread is nothing but a witch hunt, plain and simple - yes lets blame it all on Williams - he was the reason why the Jets gave up all those points to the Browns - never mind that the Jets lost 2 QB's  - 2 starters on defense , another stater out for the season, a starting TE for the 1st 4 games - can we find some more players? to unload - yes Jet fans have such colorful imaginations , I'm sure they can.

• WTF? 1

I’ve been a Leo defender for years. I’m done. He’s average on his best downs. Basham showed more power, aggression, drive than Leo has maybe ever. Jenkins is a better pass rusher, and Leo is great at taking up blocks, but is blocked out of the play 95% of them. It’s a tough watch and even tougher to admit, but he’s a JAG. If he came back for like 2m a year (I know crazy low) he could be a back up. Not a starter on a good team and an average player on a bad team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The author looks to be 12 years old and he also wrote this line: 

No, having essentially two Fletcher Coxes (Coxii?) in the trenches would change the way opposing coaches play the Eagles for a full 60 minutes.

Any truth to the rumor that Coxii causes mono?

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I think 3rd round at best is what we can get for him

Pretty much. He's on an expiring contract and is getting paid a guaranteed weekly paycheck. My hope is he would net us a comp pick but we're going too be buyers yet again.

• Sympathy 1