Pondering a Leo trade to the Eagles

GREENBEAN

7 hours ago, funaz said:

wouldn't we get a 3rd round comp pick if he gets 15 million from someone else when if he walks?

No. We will acquire more players than we lose which means no comp pick. He’s also not getting anywhere near $15mil/per after this season. He’ll be in Sheldon Richardson world at best and sign short term, medium salary deals until he fizzles out. 

9 hours ago, NYallDay said:

I’ve been a Leo defender for years. I’m done. He’s average on his best downs. Basham showed more power, aggression, drive than Leo has maybe ever. Jenkins is a better pass rusher, and Leo is great at taking up blocks, but is blocked out of the play 95% of them. It’s a tough watch and even tougher to admit, but he’s a JAG. If he came back for like 2m a year (I know crazy low) he could be a back up. Not a starter on a good team and an average player on a bad team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt the same way about Leo. I shut the game off in the 3rd Quarter the other night but watched the end last night on the NFL channel. Don’t ask me why but I did. I was keying on Leo. Doesn’t get double teams and gets handled by a single lineman on pass plays. Just not impressed with his play in a contract year. I see him as average. I don’t think he would draw anymore than a 4th or 5th rounder at best. Another 1st round pick for the scrap heap.

3 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I felt the same way about Leo. I shut the game off in the 3rd Quarter the other night but watched the end last night on the NFL channel. Don’t ask me why but I did. I was keying on Leo. Doesn’t get double teams and gets handled by a single lineman on pass plays. Just not impressed with his play in a contract year. I see him as average. I don’t think he would draw anymore than a 4th or 5th rounder at best. Another 1st round pick for the scrap heap.

If the Jets tried to trade him earlier in the year, my guess was that they would have done better.  

You sign an ILB and RB and extend a DT when your team otherwise has its act together.  

The Jets did not need these contracts this year.  Add to that McClendon and Henry.  Just a waste of cap space for a team that can’t protect its QB.  Siemian should sue the JEts. 

This thread is nothing but a witch hunt, plain and simple - yes lets blame it all on Williams - he was the reason why the Jets gave up all those points to the Browns - never mind that the Jets lost 2 QB's  - 2 starters on defense , another stater out for the season, a starting TE for the 1st 4 games - can we find some more players? to unload - yes Jet fans have such colorful imaginations , I'm sure they can.

Actually that’s not true.

The OP of this thread, me, was merely looking to discuss the topic brought up in an article that the eagles would want to trade for Leo due to their DL troubles.
Subsequently that would inspire a discussion concerning the value of Leo to the NY jets during his contract year. Should we cut bait and get something for him or is he a part of the longer term plan? I myself think Leo, while someone I wanted to succeed very badly, is not worth giving a large contract. He simply doesn’t affect the game in any meaningful way which is a bummer.

I would absolutely take a second rdr for him
And would also entertain a 3rd and 5th. The other guys on the DL are playing just as well if not better than him so why not get something before this offseason?

It’s weird on JN lately. One group is calling for us to give up on Sam and tank fir a draft pick after one game and then the other side craps on any discussion about players as a witch hunt. Can’t we just talk about stuff anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Why would the Eagles trade any pick for an underachiever??? Eagles are better off picking a UDFA, who at least will give full effort. My Jets have invested sadly in so many first round picks on the D-Line all have been underachieving and failing to live up to their draft status. Not one guy can cause havoc for the apposing team. No more money invested on the D-Line. Unless, its for pass rushing DE's. We need a big fat NT that occupies blockers. Man I miss "Snack" Harrison, He was a UDFA wasn't he? He worked his ass off and had a longer and better career than Quinton Couples, Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson.

People make so many excuses for L. Williams. Big time players make big time plays. JJ Watt for example faces double triple teams all the time but he finds his way to the ball.

It's us Jet Fans fault for overhyping these guys when they get drafted. They make us look like miserable fools within a few years. We need to get rid of every players from the old regime minus Darnold.

Please Jets MGMT. Focus on the O-Line. Draft a guy that has played numerous positions for Dept instead of signing a few UDFA's to play a position. Also, invest heavily in first and 2nd round draft picks on O-Line. If the O-Line is good. You can run the ball and pass the ball.

16 hours ago, NYallDay said:

I’ve been a Leo defender for years. I’m done. He’s average on his best downs. Basham showed more power, aggression, drive than Leo has maybe ever. Jenkins is a better pass rusher, and Leo is great at taking up blocks, but is blocked out of the play 95% of them. It’s a tough watch and even tougher to admit, but he’s a JAG. If he came back for like 2m a year (I know crazy low) he could be a back up. Not a starter on a good team and an average player on a bad team

props for owning up. we all should do it more.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sorry can’t post the article for some reason. Probably my age. emoji23.png

This article has to be talking about someone else but if the Eagles feel the same about Leo as the author does, I would seriously consider this trade. Leo is giving us nothing that the younger guys can’t. He is as pedestrian as could be. Sucks. I wanted to like him and for him to succeed but it’s obvious that he will most likely never be what we had hoped.

Get it done joe!

https://section215.com/2019/09/17/philadelphia-eagles-williams-trade/

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nelson Agholor and a 3rd....get it done Joey!! 

• Upvote 1

funny how the article says pairing williams with cox would make the best philly dline in franchise history but williams is an underacheiver with little to show since 2016.  i guess they forgot about reggie white. what makes them think he wouldn't be the same for the eagles?  imo trading williams for a decent draft pick and some young talent is not such a bad idea.  franchising him would be very costly and even a 3 year deal will cost something dear.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

funny how the article says pairing williams with cox would make the best philly dline in franchise history but williams is an underacheiver with little to show since 2016.  i guess they forgot about reggie white. what makes them think he wouldn't be the same for the eagles?  imo trading williams for a decent draft pick and some young talent is not such a bad idea.  franchising him would be very costly and even a 3 year deal will cost something dear.

At least Mac isn’t around to give Leo a $90 million extension 

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Eagles might be interested in Robby.  

I would not trade Robby Even for a 2nd. Then we would e stuck with just a good slot wr. Robby may not be a true #1 but he is a good #2 that could turn into a one. Why make another hole that we have to replace. Sam needs all the weapons he can get when he’s back. If it was me I’d resign Robby now before he has a chance to light it up with the weak schedule we have at the back end of the season.