BroadwayRay

Jets PFF Grades - Some surprises ....

I'd be very interested in seeing how each OL grades out.  My guess would be Osemele, Shell, Beachum, Kalil and Winters in that order.  Maybe swap Kalil and Beachum

Edit:. Some how missed the OL section in post first time through.

Some of the young defensive talent is impressive.  I can’t imagine a draft where the first few picks are all offense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Jamal Adams ranks 56th among safeties with a score of 56.5. He was in the top 20 after week 1, so his score for the Monday game must have been dreadful.

Show ur work, Copernicus 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Marcus maye should be 150th for his effort on the 85 yard td to beckham.  I do not know how these grades work but some plays should have a much higher value in a game.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Adams guessing at the line for his own stats in garbage time deserved the benching. He's mediocre at best in coverage and this was always going to cause problems with the new coaching staff. Surprised it's this early but the head butting was inevitable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd be very interested in seeing how each OL grades out.  My guess would be Osemele, Shell, Beachum, Kalil and Winters in that order.  Maybe swap Kalil and Beachum

Shell - 65.3 (22nd)

Osemele - 54.6 (54th)

Beachum - 54.3 (54th)

Winters - 50.1 (61st)

Kalil - 46.1 (30th)

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams guessing at the line for his own stats in garbage time deserved the benching. He's mediocre at best in coverage and this was always going to cause problems with the new coaching staff. Surprised it's this early but the head butting was inevitable. 

What do you mean guessing at the line for his own stats. What did he do?

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What do you mean guessing at the line for his own stats. What did he do?

He got benched for jumping offsides on guesses twice in a row at the end of the game. Attempted stat padding.

• Like 1

Trumaine Johnson does not deserve a grade.  He should be expelled from PFF University.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What stats is he padding exactly? Pretty sure he was just frustrated and just trying to make a play. 

Well he's not getting INT's so the gap shooting guesses are for sacks/negative tackles - which is where his pro bowl votes/top 100 votes come from.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Well he's not getting INT's so the gap shooting guesses are for sacks/negative tackles - which is where his pro bowl votes/top 100 votes come from.

Lol. That’s quite the theory. But okay. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. That’s quite the theory. But okay. 

I mean its true lol. Easy to stat pad in blowouts and anyone who's ever played a sport knows the type who's the guy who holds the ball to get fouled for the free throws

Just now, Matt39 said:

I mean its true lol. Easy to stat pad in blowouts and anyone who's ever played a sport knows the type who's the guy who holds the ball to get fouled for the free throws

He wasn’t doing that to pad stats. Can tell you that for a fact. But. Whatever you wanna believe 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lol

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Highlights. Instagram clips.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s an aggressive football player that likes to hit people. 

He’s not padding stats. 

Only Jet fans would hate this dude. 

Jumping the snap count in a blowout with 4 minutes left in the game is the definition of stat padding

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

I need some sort of new  emoji that shows I can greatly appreciate a well crafted post even if I don't necessarily agree with the underlying point.

I think this was what you were looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Trumaine Johnson does not deserve a grade.  He should be expelled from PFF University.

What’s the cap hit if we cut trumaine ? We know we’d still have to pay him so the money is gone but is there at least some relief cap wise? Like if we cut him we save $3 mil in cap space or something? It might actually be worth it just to get another guy in with his roster spot. I just can’t believe how bad he has been.

• Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

What’s the cap hit if we cut trumaine ? We know we’d still have to pay him so the money is gone but is there at least some relief cap wise? Like if we cut him we save $3 mil in cap space or something? It might actually be worth it just to get another guy in with his roster spot. I just can’t believe how bad he has been.

Trumaine would cost 24 mill in dead money this year if we cut him. 12 if we cut him next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Again, if you care about the secret sauce PFF grade, the position grades after two weeks are kind of interesting. Some real surprises, most of them on defense. 

- First a happy surprise: Jordan Jenkins ranks 15th among edge defenders with a score of 79.1! That’s better than the likes of Justin Houston, Melvin Ingram, Dee Ford and TJ Watt. This is no fluke. The film shows he’s raised his game this year. 

- Now a bad surprise: Jamal Adams ranks 56th among safeties with a score of 56.5. He was in the top 20 after week 1, so his score for the Monday game must have been dreadful. Hence the benching. On the bright side, Marcus Maye is ranked third  

- Jets cornerbacks get no rescpect, but two of them are doing surprisingly well: Brian Poole and Nate Hairston, who rank 17th and 39th respectively. The rest of them are bad, including Johnson, who ranks 75th with a score of 53. 

- also worth mentioning that Neville Hewitt and Blake Cashman have put in respectable work through two games, with scores of 70 (26th) and 63.6 (32nd), respectively.

- And the highest ranked Jets offensive lineman is .... Brandon Shell, who ranks 22nd among tackles with a score of 65.3. His breakdown is 69.6 for pass blocking and 62.9 for run blocking. That actually isn’t bad. But ...

- The scores for the rest of the offensive line made my eyes hurt. I won’t go through them all because we all know how badly they’ve played. Kalil is the third worst center in the league. Mitch Morse, the guy we should have signed, is 12th. 

-Josh Bellamy should send a thank you note to Donte Moncrief because he’s the only one keeping him from being the worst ranked wide receiver in the league. Another great Macc/Gase free agent signing. The highest guy in the group is Anderson, and he’s 56th.

So far, this offense is rivaling the Dolphins for worst in the league. 

I normally hate PFF with a passion but I can't argue with any of those grades. 

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Trumaine Johnson does not deserve a grade.  He should be expelled from PFF 

For some reason I keep seeing Dean Wormer reciting your post... 

He wasn’t doing that to pad stats. Can tell you that for a fact. But. Whatever you wanna believe 🤷‍♂️

He got benched for it. That’s a “fact”. Your post is an opinion.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Again, if you care about the secret sauce PFF grade, the position grades after two weeks are kind of interesting. Some real surprises, most of them on defense. 

- First a happy surprise: Jordan Jenkins ranks 15th among edge defenders with a score of 79.1! That’s better than the likes of Justin Houston, Melvin Ingram, Dee Ford and TJ Watt. This is no fluke. The film shows he’s raised his game this year. 

- Now a bad surprise: Jamal Adams ranks 56th among safeties with a score of 56.5. He was in the top 20 after week 1, so his score for the Monday game must have been dreadful. Hence the benching. On the bright side, Marcus Maye is ranked third  

- Jets cornerbacks get no rescpect, but two of them are doing surprisingly well: Brian Poole and Nate Hairston, who rank 17th and 39th respectively. The rest of them are bad, including Johnson, who ranks 75th with a score of 53. 

- also worth mentioning that Neville Hewitt and Blake Cashman have put in respectable work through two games, with scores of 70 (26th) and 63.6 (32nd), respectively.

- And the highest ranked Jets offensive lineman is .... Brandon Shell, who ranks 22nd among tackles with a score of 65.3. His breakdown is 69.6 for pass blocking and 62.9 for run blocking. That actually isn’t bad. But ...

- The scores for the rest of the offensive line made my eyes hurt. I won’t go through them all because we all know how badly they’ve played. Kalil is the third worst center in the league. Mitch Morse, the guy we should have signed, is 12th. 

-Josh Bellamy should send a thank you note to Donte Moncrief because he’s the only one keeping him from being the worst ranked wide receiver in the league. Another great Macc/Gase free agent signing. The highest guy in the group is Anderson, and he’s 56th.

So far, this offense is rivaling the Dolphins for worst in the league. 

Thanks for posting this!

56 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

For some reason I keep seeing Dean Wormer reciting your post... 

B16CB877-F2C2-4274-AE16-2DE82DD3083E.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s not padding stats. 

I hate him because he is not Patrick Mahomes Jr.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s not padding stats. 

Don’t hate him, he’s a good player, but incredibly overrated.

Are you in favor of signing him longterm and paying $15 million a year for a safety who doesn’t create turnovers?

I’m not

If it weren’t for the injuries, I’d be a helluva lot more inclined to keep Marcus Maye.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

just because booger mcfarland (who is he?) said something to the effect that adams tries to showboat doesn't mean it's actually true.  if he was benched, williams did it for a good reason and it's up to them to figure out if adams needs to change his game a bit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rangerous said:

just because booger mcfarland (who is he?) said something to the effect that adams tries to showboat doesn't mean it's actually true

The pro-Adams arguments have officially reached Paul Bunyan mythology status.

• Upvote 1