BroadwayRay

Jets PFF Grades - Some surprises ....

Just now, T0mShane said:

The pro-Adams arguments have officially reached Paul Bunyan mythology status.

7302B6AF-C89D-42DE-BA33-F782CA017DF6.thumb.jpeg.9376ee14fd901a17fe6f76e640a0b83f.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean its true lol. Easy to stat pad in blowouts and anyone who's ever played a sport knows the type who's the guy who holds the ball to get fouled for the free throws

Adams getting in the Pro Bowl is like Rafael Palmiero getting a Gold Glove. If you indulge the media, they'll return the favor. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Trumaine Johnson does not deserve a grade.  He should be expelled from PFF University.

If they cut him today, would anyone even pick him up? 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, love him or hate him, are you really going to argue that Jamal Adams isn’t heavily addicted to attention seeking behavior?

Why do you care? Why does that bother you so much?

Some of the greatest athletes in the world are attention whores?

I get that you hate him, I just don’t understand why that aspect of him triggers you so much. A large majority of pro athletes are attention whores, he’s just taken it to another level. He’s very good at what he does, he just hasn’t met YOUR perception of what he SHOULD be doing. That’s on you. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Adams getting in the Pro Bowl is like Rafael Palmiero getting a Gold Glove. If you indulge the media, they'll return the favor. 

All Pros get voted by players, coaches and fans. 

Not the media so unless you think the 1/3 vote of the fans named him to the 2nd Team All Pro, it was players and coaches. 

So players who were not a big part of the kacytodd defense (except for Jenkins) are doing well and other players who were subject to 2-4 years of inept coaching are struggling, hmmm

Nate Hairston was a great trade for a 6th - way to go Joe

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Well he's not getting INT's so the gap shooting guesses are for sacks/negative tackles - which is where his pro bowl votes/top 100 votes come from.

I thought sacks/negative tackles are considered a positive thing for teams and players.

Not a single one of those is surprising. Shell has clearly been the best of an atrocious bunch by being the one I’m noticing least.

Adams was atrocious against Cleveland. Even his few good plays were bad.

The defence was pretty good bar the one disastrous OBJ TD. Not shocked to see some of the DB’s and Jenkins are playing above their level. I wouldn’t be too confident of them maintaining that.

25 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Why do you care? Why does that bother you so much?

Some of the greatest athletes in the world are attention whores?

I get that you hate him, I just don’t understand why that aspect of him triggers you so much. A large majority of pro athletes are attention whores, he’s just taken it to another level. He’s very good at what he does, he just hasn’t met YOUR perception of what he SHOULD be doing. That’s on you. 

I suppose it would bother me less if he was one of those “greatest athletes in the world,” I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I thought sacks/negative tackles are considered a positive thing for teams and players.

No, I’ve found out here it’s called “stat padding”.

Who wants someone shooting gaps, tackles behind the LOS or QB pressures anyway? Seems silly. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I suppose it would bother me less if he was one of those “greatest athletes in the world,” I guess.

How about “really good athletes” in the world?

He’s never going to be who you WANT him to be. Not his fault he was drafted 6, as a SS. 

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Looking forward to seeing some of those when they might make some difference in the outcome of the game.

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

No, I’ve found out here it’s called “stat padding”.

Who wants someone shooting gaps, tackles behind the LOS or QB pressures anyway? Seems silly. 

With 3 minutes left in a blowout and getting penalized for it is attempted stat padding lol. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

With 3 minutes left in a blowout and getting penalized for it is attempted stat padding lol. 

Yeah, sure. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Yeah, sure. 

Getting a sack in that spot does what exactly? 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Getting a sack in that spot does what exactly? 

Did it ever occur to you he’s incredibly competitive, hates losing, and was pissed off and wanted to hit someone? Really hard? 

Probably not because you hate him, but yeah, he was just going for “stats”.

Never understood fans hating their own players. 

Only 2 Jets I’ve truly hated were Geno (because he was a POS) and Tebow. 

But you carry on. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean its true lol. Easy to stat pad in blowouts and anyone who's ever played a sport knows the type who's the guy who holds the ball to get fouled for the free throws

Those guys are locker room cancer in Single A ball. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Show ur work, Copernicus 

Just add Adams ranking to Mayes then divide by two. Math bitch! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Did it ever occur to you he’s incredibly competitive, hates losing, and was pissed off and wanted to hit someone? Really hard? 

But you carry on. 

lots of guys out there are competitive.  doesn't mean they have to get personal fouls and offsides penalties.  

39 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Never understood this?  This team hasn't won a Super Bowl since the Moon Landing and hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years.  What positive emotions do you expect this team to stir up?

We root for the jersey.  Individual players come and go, but we're still here rooting for the jersey.  So why be "loyal" to bad or overrated/unlikable players, many of which likely don't give two sh*ts about us?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

since the Moon Landing

What have you done?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Never understood this?  This team hasn't won a Super Bowl since the Moon Landing and hasn't made the playoffs in 9 years.  What positive emotions do you expect this team to stir up?

We root for the jersey.  Individual players come and go, but we're still here rooting for the jersey.  So why be "loyal" to bad or overrated/unlikable players, many of which likely don't give two sh*ts about us?

Hate anyone you want. I don’t care. 

I just don’t get it. 

/shrug

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Additionally, why is it indiscernible from "hate" for some people, if you:

1) Feel a player is significantly overrated, both in talent and leadership.

2) Feel a player does not contribute meaningfully to the outcomes of games

3) Feel a player was a poor draft pick

4) Feel a player should not be given a second contract

I certainly don't hate Jamal Adams, I'm just a Jet fan who wants to see the Jets succeed, who thinks him being drafted was a mistake, and that he hasn't produced at a level that merits his hype, wins football games (or even makes the defense better), or keeping him on this team when it becomes expensive would also be a mistake.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Would love to sit in on a PFF grade-assessing meeting

Clearly the methodology has changed this year, to keep Jamal Adams down.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

I'm just a Jet fan who wants to see the Jets succeed, who thinks him being drafted was a mistake, and that he hasn't produced at a level that merits his hype, wins football games (or even makes the defense better), or keeping him on this team when it becomes expensive would also be a mistake.

Why you such a hater bro

Just now, TeddEY said:

Clearly the methodology has changed this year, to keep Jamal Adams down.

Adams fan-boys still have yet to explain why Adams has never had a season-long PFF grade as high as Kerry Rhodes did.  Twice. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adams fan-boys still have yet to explain why Adams has never had a season-long PFF grade as high as Kerry Rhodes did.  Twice. 

Seriously.  Two lower PFF grades and 1 less Lady Gaga music video appearance.  We know who the best Jets safety was.

• Upvote 3

lmfao - there are actually people out there that think Jamal was just being competitive/"hates losing" and not padding stats vs. Clev?  Why did he get benched if he wasnt blatantly just trying to pad stats?  It was clear as day.  You dont try to jump the snap count on back to back plays because you're upset your losing when all you've done your entire career is lose. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2017: This is a franchise-defining, culture-changing, best player in the draft-type generational talent!

2018: He’s very good at strong safety!

2019: Leave the guy alone, Tom. He’s doing the best he can.

Post of the Decade material

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

But you carry on. 

Never questioned his effort. He plays hard. In that spot though I thought he was clearly trying to up his sack numbers while the other 21 guys on the field were waiting for the clock to hit zero. I guess I don’t blame him because casuals at the end of the season aren’t going to get that granular. Gregg kinda saw it for what it was though.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2017: This is a franchise-defining, culture-changing, best player in the draft-type generational talent!

2018: He’s very good at strong safety!

2019: Leave the guy alone, Tom. He’s doing the best he can.

Let’s see where he ends up at the end of 2019. 

Defense was not our issues through 2 weeks.

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he's unlikable too?   He's the most positive guy on the team.