BroadwayRay

Jets PFF Grades - Some surprises ....

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2017: This is a franchise-defining, culture-changing, best player in the draft-type generational talent!

2018: He’s very good at strong safety!

2019: Leave the guy alone, Tom. He’s doing the best he can.

LOL.

• Haha 2

Well when trailing big late in a game, call me crazy but I don't mind a talented player free styling a little in an attempt to make a big play.

While obviously different type of players, Ed Reed was known for doing his own thing, roaming, going off script in an effort to make a play....same for Palomalu

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

So he's unlikable too?   He's the most positive guy on the team.

He's a self-promoter and it doesn't seem like his teammates have many good things to say about him of late.  And his new DC especially doesn't seem to like him, given he was trying to stat-pad late in a blowout loss on Monday and got benched for it.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Well when trailing big late in a game, call me crazy but I don't mind a talented player free styling a little in an attempt to make a big play.

While obviously different type of players, Ed Reed was known for doing his own thing, roaming, going off script in an effort to make a play....same for Palomalu

I wish some of that "free-lancing" had more to do with pass coverage than playing close to the LOS.  

Ed Reed "free-lanced" his way to 64 career INT's, 139 PD's and 7 TD's.  Polamalu had 32 career INT's, 107 PD's and 3 TD's.  That's where free-lancing comes in handy.  

• Upvote 2

Exactly.

I live in MA, all my friends who are Pats fans love Adams and wish he was a Patriot.

Or not giving up.

Either way, at least he's trying to make something positive happen for the Jets....that's all I can ask for.

24 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Only issue with that is no1 on our defense is close to the talent level of either of them

Just now, papz187 said:

Either way, at least he's trying to make something positive happen for the Jets....that's all I can ask for.

How about actually making something positive happen rather than just trying to make something positive happen.  

Since Leonard Williams seems to be a prime target right now, I'll just add that PFF so far agrees with his critics. He has a grade of 50.5 so far, which ranks him 100th among all NFL interior defensive linemen. Ouch. His score was in the 60s before the Cleveland game, so that tells you something about his Monday performance.

Steve McLendon has a sparkling score of 78.5, 18th best.

42 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Exactly.

I live in MA, all my friends who are Pats fans love Adams and wish he was a Patriot.

They love him, because they kick his teams ass every year. He gets run over by Rb's, takes bad angles, over pursuits plays. Once in a blue moon makes a decent play. Dances more after tackling then he makes game changing plays.

He is annoying to watch, because he yapps his mouth so much. Only yapp if you make game changing plays. Also, stop calling yourself great. You haven't don't anything to be called great. I haven't seen him make game changing plays, or lead his team to the playoffs.

I can't wait until he is no longer on the team. He pads stats. All the Jamal "Prez" Adams folks need to show up some game changing plays he's made. Heck, Mosley has made more plays this year than Adams has and so has Roberts. Jamal is a middle line backer playing strong safety. He's not as great as he thinks he is. It's all in his mind.

16 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Again, if you care about the secret sauce PFF grade, the position grades after two weeks are kind of interesting. Some real surprises, most of them on defense. 

Appreciated. It's a tool. 

How Maye is 3rd is beyond me...  2 INTS not IINT'd , running himself out of the OBJ 3 yd catch and 86 yd run...  smh

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

booger mcfarland (who is he?)

stamp yourself IGNORAMUS

dude has 2 SB rings... Jamal has tackling mascots

welcome to the IGNORE list

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

How Maye is 3rd is beyond me...  2 INTS not IINT'd , running himself out of the OBJ 3 yd catch and 86 yd run...  smh

Not sure what game you were watching. 

OBJ caught the ball at the 20. 

Maye wasn't even in the picture when that happened. 

If you think there is a safety in the NFL who could have stopped OBJ from scoring in that spot you haven't watched OBJ run in the open field. 

Maye was simply trying to cut off his angle to give the other defenders a chance to catch up and OBJ simply cut back and had nothing between himself and the EZ.

You can blame Williams' coverage call or his the other DBs, but not Maye. 

4 hours ago, prime21 said:

I thought sacks/negative tackles are considered a positive thing for teams and players.

when your down 20....      its meaningless

show me ONE INSTANCE where he made such a play that HELPED US WIN??? ya know, like in the 4Q when we are blowing a lead??  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Sample size is tiny, which allows for anomalies like that.  Last year after a couple weeks, we were told that Lee was the best coverage LB in the NFL.  I said, wait and see.

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Maye was simply trying to cut off his angle

he took himself out of the play with his head down running like 15 yds THE WRONG WAY

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Sample size is tiny, which allows for anomalies like that.  Last year after a couple weeks, we were told that Lee was the best coverage LB in the NFL.  I said, wait and see.

yep...   Lee will never have 2 INT again in his career...  an anomaly. ( He DOES have decent hands...if you throw the ball to him)

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

2017: This is a franchise-defining, culture-changing, best player in the draft-type generational talent!

2018: He’s very good at strong safety!

2019: Leave the guy alone, Tom. He’s doing the best he can.

Pat Mahomes is a franchise-defining, culture-changing, best player in the draft-type generational talent!

39 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Tiny sample size for such a tiny linebacker.  

35 minutes ago, varjet said:

Cutting Trumaine in 2020 would be cap positive, I thought. 

IIRC, they would get like $3M back, but have $12M in dead money.  Meaning they are paying him around $15M if he stays.  As with my comments about our offensive line - YIKES!

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adams fan-boys still have yet to explain why Adams has never had a season-long PFF grade as high as Kerry Rhodes did.  Twice. 

@T0mShane come put some respect on my boy and like this post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

IIRC, they would get like $3M back, but have $12M in dead money.  Meaning they are paying him around $15M if he stays.  As with my comments about our offensive line - YIKES!

I don't understand the math but it is a $3mm cap savings and $12mm dead money.   So basically the Jets free up $3mm of cap space for another player if they cut TJ in 2020.  

So the choice is a $15mm cap hit for TJ if he is on the team or $3mm to spend on someone else.  But the cap hit is not negative to cut him, next year.

I don't see the choice really.  Cut him.  

From OTC:

Trumaine Johnson $11,000,000 $4,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $15,000,000  
$12,000,000
$3,000,000

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Hate anyone you want. I don’t care. 

I just don’t get it. 

/shrug

Hence why I explained it to you.  And I think you do care.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why I explained it to you.  And I think you do care.

Strangers on the internet have very very limited impact on my life.

In this instance, and even though I hate the phrase, here it is appropriate.

I could care less.

Yes, I mean that literally.  I care so little that I could not care, but I'll give you a smidge of care.  And that's for all of you Jet fans combined who hate current players.  

And it's not a kind type of caring, it's a pity type of caring.  

6 hours ago, Thor99 said:

Those guys are locker room cancer in Single A ball. 

If you've never been in a single A locker room you keep your damn mouth shut.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

wow sounds like you really dont care about this at all

I care more about the banter. 

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

when your down 20....      its meaningless

show me ONE INSTANCE where he made such a play that HELPED US WIN??? ya know, like in the 4Q when we are blowing a lead??  

Or when the game was on the line and he had a pick 6 or a fumble return for a touchdown. If the ball didn't touch his hands in the Detroit Game he wouldn't even have an interception to his resume. He is beyond over rated on this board. It's like he has family members posting and defending him. Our Defense sucks because of him and Leonard. Those two were supposed to be our game changers, breakers. But they are playing like Jane and talking like Tarzan.

What use is it to make a sack, a turnover when the game is already lost. It's called padding stats. He should been trying to help us win earlier. By making a game changing play.

Just like Jamal's dad in the NFL before. They both suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Pat Mahomes is a franchise-defining, culture-changing, best player in the draft-type generational talent!

Not sure if you heard or not, but we aren’t allowed to talk about that anymore. Thanks

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Not sure if you heard or not, but we aren’t allowed to talk about that anymore. Thanks

This is 100% true and also there is a thirty page thread on this website filled with adult males complaining about John Idzik passing on Bruce Ellington. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Cutting Trumaine in 2020 would be cap positive, I thought. 

I forget how it breaks down but I’d hate to see him on the team if he can’t contribute. No matter the cost. If it safe even a mil, I’d cut him to be able to use the roster spot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app