O-Line, change in scheme?

Sammybighead

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Zone blocking isn't going anywhere. I think the two problems are 1) Khalil has been terrible and overmatched and 2) On any given play Winters or Beachum seems to get physically beat.

Doesn't make it a lot of fun but they have to change something, in a hurry.

And 3) Gase doesn't have Wesco help double the best pass rusher.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Each of those “top 10” years was maybe 5 years ago.

Fine but in 5 years they've become the worst players in the league on OL?  I get Kalil, that decision was just dumb as sh*t but Beachum is 30, Osemele 31, Winters 28, Shell 26.   These dudes arent over the hill and suddenly cant play.  Something is different.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Perhaps the sum of the parts are >>>> the whole in this case?

Also, Osemele might be toast.  

For sure and continuity.  I think those are definitely factors.  Which is why the Kalil situation is so frustrating.  Harrison was playing well and really taking charge of the OL and getting compliment from all his OL brothers before they just handed the job to Kalil.  The line looked much better with him in the game on MNF, so maybe it will get a bit better moving forward. 

Not sure he's toast.  I just think Beachum and Kalil have been absolutely terrible and it's impacting his play as well. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m not connecting this to what I was talking about, but okay.

I am saying not only is Kalil playing horrible, Beachum Jr and so it Winters. Winters has been horrible since was a rookie. His play has been injury plagued. He gets injured every year and he gets worse performance wise.

1 hour ago, EdReed22 said:

I am saying not only is Kalil playing horrible, Beachum Jr and so it Winters. Winters has been horrible since was a rookie. His play has been injury plagued. He gets injured every year and he gets worse performance wise.

While true, this still has nothing to do with what I said or replied to.

• Haha 1