I'll say what many are thinking ...

Dunnie

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

...and afraid to admit.

Doing is best 'Late Career Chad Pennington' impersonation ... Luke Falk put on the best performance of any Jets QB this year ... Yes ... Including Darnold.

Darnold has immense potential .. but to date has only showcased this level of talent consistently in one single game ... The Detroit Opener .. last year. Yes he played well down the stretch last year. ... But call me crazy. .. I was not wowed.

Falk was poised, calm and threw darts with pin point accuracy.

I'm excited to see him this week. At least we may have found our ten year backup.

And yes can't wait to have Darnold back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If he had a TE to throw to it would help considerably especially since he doesn’t have any time to throw. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

...and afraid to admit.

Doing is best 'Late Career Chad Pennington' impersonation ... Luke Falk put on the best performance of any Jets QB this year ... Yes ... Including Darnold.

Darnold has immense potential .. but to date has only showcased this level of talent consistently in one single game ... The Detroit Opener .. last year. Yes he played well down the stretch last year. ... But call me crazy. .. I was not wowed.

I'm excited to see him this week. At least we may have found our ten year backup.

In fairness, Darnold had mono when he played against the Bills.  Faulk moved the team against the Browns but still only put 3 points on the board. I hope he plays well against the Patriots, but it may be too much to ask for.

• Upvote 2

I think some people are misreading my post. ... There was no comparison of Falk to Darnold ... It was an observation of both for different positions.

Darnold as a starter

Falk as a backup

Clearly Darnold has incredible starter potential ... It just hasn't really blossomed yet. You know who else has incredible potential ... Jeff George. I want to see the 3rd overall pick dominate. Yes I know the line sucks. .. you know who else had a crappy line. ?? Andrew Luck .. yes he got injured out of the game. ... But when he played the talent was undeniable.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I think some people are misreading my post. ... There was no comparison of Falk to Darnold ... It was an observation of both for different positions.

Darnold as a starter

Falk as a backup

Clearly Darnold has incredible starter potential ... It just hasn't really blossomed yet. You know who else has incredible potential ... Jeff George. I want to see the 3rd overall pick dominate. Yes I know the line sucks. .. you know who else had a crappy line. ?? Andrew Luck .. yes he got injured out of the game. ... But when he played the talent was undeniable.

Darnold also had the worst HC and OC in the league last year. This mono thing is a real kick in the ass because we need games to figure out whether he is the one.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

...and afraid to admit.

Wtf are you talking about? Literally nobody thought any of that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Falk was on the practice squad 2 days before he suited up. Then got thrown into an NFL game for the first time. He looked better than Siemian who looked lost out there and Trevor been practicing with the team since he got here. Give the kid a few more games. And it will be a trail by fire with NE, Cowboys and Eagles coming up. If Falk even does marginally well with these next few games he’s someone that deserves a serious look into the Jets future.

as i recall, falk was pretty highly rated during his draft year.  arm strength?  what's his ball speed?  watson is getting by with 48 mph.

• Sympathy 2

It's crazy how one meh game with a debilitating illness has derailed public opinion of Darnold. Detroit wasnt even one of his top 3 games last year. 

Granted Falk did look pretty decent, and a diamond in the rough is a great problem to have.

Stats don't tell the full story .. Detroit was an increble display of resilience and ability

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

put tom brady behind that oline and he'd have ligament damage to both ankles.

yes, but we as his haters don't give him credit. All the great defensive players say Brady releases the ball as fast as any one.   Simiean held that ball waiting for a play.. Brady throws it away fast or has a quick escape throw.  He rarely takes the hits that many other QB's take.  That said...  I thought Falk looked pretty good as well considering he is playing with the equivalent of a D III football offensive line.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It's crazy how one meh game with a debilitating illness has derailed public opinion of Darnold. Detroit wasnt even one of his top 3 games last year. 

Granted Falk did look pretty decent, and a diamond in the rough is a great problem to have. 

There are plenty of us not sold on Darnold. But our posts have been lost in the moans from the mass circle jerk. Now others are giving their hands a rest and realizing you can’t crown someone before they demonstrate that they are worthy of being the king. So it only seems these opinions are new, but they sure aren’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Darnold is essentially an unknown. An unfortunate victim of hype perpetuated by the Jets and the press. We all want him to be our long awaited QB savior; however, too many expectations, some of which may be unreasonable, have been foisted upon him. I don't know whether he's the answer. What I do know is that he's not going to be a meaningful factor anytime soon. So, Falk is our guy for now. Given the circumstances in which he was pressed into service, Falk did fine (QB rating of 99.7% , 20/25, 198 yds. passing), so all we can do is hope. I don't expect a win against NE,  but would like to see a respectable performance from him.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

There are plenty of us not sold on Darnold. But our posts have been lost in the moans from the mass circle jerk. Now others are giving their hands a rest and realizing you can’t crown someone before they demonstrate that they are worthy of being the king. So it only seems these opinions are new, but they sure aren’t. 
Sanchez was crowned at the combine .. how did that work out?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie said:

Darnold is essentially an unknown. An unfortunate victim of hype perpetuated by the Jets and the press. We all want him to be our long awaited QB savior; however, too many expectations, some of which may be unreasonable, have been foisted upon him. I don't know whether he's the answer. What I do know is that he's not going to be a meaningful factor anytime soon. So, Falk is our guy for now. Given the circumstances in which he was pressed into service, Falk did fine (QB rating of 99.7% , 20/25, 198 yds. passing), so all we can do is hope. I don't expect a win against NE,  but would like to see a respectable performance from him.

You mean he’s not the most accurate QB in the NFL like some folks said? 

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

It will not be respectable. It will be an absolute embarrassment, the kind that leaves such a stink behind that it may shatter the locker room apart.