I'll say what many are thinking ...

Dunnie

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think that is crap. Stick Darnold with Reid and all those weapons and he would have huge numbers and be considered a Top 5 QB already. Conversely Mahomes would still be a question mark with the OL and weapons the Jets have.

I cant stop laughing. This is too good.

Mahomes is the best qb in the league by far.  The Jets would be infinitely better with him on the roster regardless of the oline.  

Deshawn Watson is great and his oline has been 10xs worse then ours.

A great qb with a bad oline is still a very good qb.

Its mediocre qbs combined w/ a bad oline that spells trouble.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Way too early for this thread. Darnold playing with mono and a out of synch OL looked bad but it is what it is. This was a development season for Sam, at least imo. Win totals, playoffs, were nice thoughts but should have been considered gravy for this season as long as Sam progressed. Now with this mono stuff it's going to set him back. I can see why guys are panicking but can we at least see how it plays out before we fall on the sword?
Fair .. I always looked at it as the year that Sam would blossom before our eyes into a QB of the future ... The way MaHolmes has or even D Watson or even Dak.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, nico002 said:

10/10000 is a lone voice. Trolls.

No, it is not. You should re-read his post. He goes onto say anyone agreeing with him now is a Johnny come lately that he’s not interested in speaking to since he was the only one who held this view before the Buffalo game.

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Please stop

Stop what ? When was the last time other than pennington we had a QB that even sniffed 60 % + completion rate ? Im not saying Falk is the answer or better than Darnold by any means but he certainly would not be a bad back up for the Jets moving forward and on the cheap as well

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Our offense sux but our defense is adequate, so no. 

Don't worry we got Prez, Big Cat, Sissy Cat, Pussy Cat all the Cats and Dawgs on Defense that can handle it. We got an amazing O-line right now that can't block their shadow blocking for Faulk and Bell. Also, wide outs that can't run proper routes, or get separation besides Robby. Even if Robby is open our QB's don't have time to throw or have the arm strength to throw deep. MVP of the Pats game will be our punter.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I cant stop laughing. This is too good.

Mahomes is the best qb in the league by far.  The Jets would be infinitely better with him on the roster regardless of the oline.  

Deshawn Watson is great and his oline has been 10xs worse then ours.

A great qb with a bad oline is still a very good qb.

Its mediocre qbs combined w/ a bad oline that spells trouble.

Facts don’t matter. Any failure can be explained and any success attributed elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

You think. You do not know. But don't worry, whether Darnold succeeds or fails we'll be talking about him for a loooooooooong time. We still argue over whether Sanchez or Geno could've been good with weaponz.

Anyone who doesnt think that RIGHT NOW, Darnold is significantly netter than Sanchez or Geno is just being willfully obtuse.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Anyone who doesnt think that RIGHT NOW, Darnold is significantly netter than Sanchez or Geno is just being willfully obtuse.

Huh? I’m talking about those who attack anyone who doesn’t act like Darnold’s ascent to super star status is pre-ordained.

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This ... I expect it ... But it has not taken place yet.

I hope beyond hope but I am not going down that road with this team ever again. If he is the guy we will know soon enough. I don’t have some emotional need to be an early adopter.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

to date has only showcased this level of talent consistently in one single game ... The Detroit Opener .. last year. Yes he played well down the stretch last year. ... But call me crazy. .. I was not wowed.

you missed the GB game obviously../.

and I was just thinking, "Damn...dat was the most satisfying BM I've had in months."

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Darnold has immense potential .. but to date has only showcased this level of talent consistently in one single game ... The Detroit Opener .. last year. Yes he played well down the stretch last year. ... But call me crazy. .. I was not wowed.

hmm...I was pretty wow'd last December.  Sam was slinging it and made some throws that no Jets QB has ever been able to make (Pennington, Testaverde, O'Brien even Namath).  I saw glimpses of true greatness on not just one throw but at least 10 or a dozen.  His surrounding cast wasn't great either.

He wasn't just a one game wonder.  His level of play was elite over the final quarter of last season.  And, everything we heard over the Summer and were seeing in preseason was confirmation of that up until he contracted fricken Mono likely sometime in late August.

917204187_ScreenShot2019-09-18at9_45_22AM.png.7af00e4300225cf8691a6cb9aa8c4c23.png

1 hour ago, Joe Willie said:

OK ... what great strides do you see Gase making in this team for the rest of the season? How much rope will you give him to hang himself? Are you going to let him go a full 16 games? Would you keep him for the duration of his contract? Would you even admit that he was the wrong hire from the get go? The only coaching consistency I see from him is abject failure. Let's hear YOUR genius ideas, since plainly you believe that mine have no merit.

I liked Mc Carthy for the hire but I’m ok with Gase. The Jets just can’t keep going with these regime changes every 3 years. He’s playing the hand he’s been dealt. Am I happy with what I see so far? Nope. But a team can’t sh*t can a coach after 2 games. When was the last time you seen any NFL team do that. I’d like to see him change up the offense with a TE and/or a RB helping out with the blocking. Really surprised we haven’t seen that yet. 

If you notice many of the teams that are at the top of their divisions and make the playoffs every year have long term coaches and staff. Gase will be here for at least 3 years. Give him and JD some time to build the team their way. A franchise can’t just keep firing HC’s, GM’s and OC’s every couple years and expect to win anything. We got Gase like it or not, we have a sh*tty O-line, no real Edge rusher, marginal D-backs and mediocre WR’s. Again he’s playing the hand he’s dealt. Do I like what I’ve seen the first 2 weeks? No! I’m probably more pissed off than you being a Jet fan for the last 50 years.  Am I ready to get out my pitchfork?  Not yet. And don’t expect a win anytime soon with the QB situation and the upcoming schedule. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

we have a sh*tty O-line, no real Edge rusher, marginal D-backs and mediocre WR’s. Again he’s playing the hand he’s dealt. Do I like what I’ve seen the first 2 weeks? No! I’m probably more pissed off than you being a Jet fan for the last 50 years.  Am I ready to get out my pitchfork?  Not yet. And don’t expect a win anytime soon with the QB situation and the upcoming schedule. 

beware, you'll be accused of sorcery. ( reasonableness)

b/c..PRESEASON doesn't count unless its JETS offense preseason, whcih is projected into the regular season.

God, I hafta add like 3 more people to my ignore list...   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mike Tannenbaum F'd up the roster big time under Rex Ryan, but maybe we should have been more patient with him and given him a chance to fix it. Now we're three GM's later hoping we have a competent one and we won't know the answer for a few years. Hopefully we're not looking at number four in 2022/2023 because it we are it will be an even bigger hole to dig out of.

I always thought Tanny was ok....he made a few questionable moves like Tebow and "the extention" but they might have not been all his doing alone.  

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Fair .. I always looked at it as the year that Sam would blossom before our eyes into a QB of the future ... The way MaHolmes has or even D Watson or even Dak.

Sam was never going to light it up like Mahomes did simply because if you compare rosters the differences are plain to see. Same could be said of Watson or Dak and the Cowboys and Texans rosters. Those QB's have got go to guys at WR and RB if you're honest with yourself. The Jets skill players after Bell are not even worth mentioning at this point(as I have been saying since the off-season). The Jets roster on offense is pretty bad without Sam as we have discovered and I don't think Bill Walsh could win with these guys.......Well maybe he would keep it close with Bell and Sam in there. Who am I kidding? Walsh would blow it all up or make lemonade out of lemons. Guy was that good. Too bad we don't have any guys like that out there. Anyway long season coming but I want Sam back in there ONLY IF HE IS HEALTHY. No need to rush it and screw this up in what will probably be a lost season anyway.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll say what everyone else is thinking.

Darnold played 1 game with Mono.  Not exactly surprising someone could potentially eclipse that performance.

Also, Falk absolutely was not throwing darts.  His arm strength was actually worse than I imagined.   Nor was he pin point accurate.  He showed good accuracy at times, but missed several throws.

Sometimes I wonder if I watch the same game as other people.

Pretty much this. 

Falk looked like trash until Cleveland let up a little.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:59 AM, johnnysd said:

I think that is crap. Stick Darnold with Reid and all those weapons and he would have huge numbers and be considered a Top 5 QB already. Conversely Mahomes would still be a question mark with the OL and weapons the Jets have.

This is 100% accurate.  

Darnold has been thrown to the wolves while Mahomes stepped into a virtually ideal situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Falk took forever to get rid of the ball which is a problem when your offensive line just lets defenders casually walk right through. Falk did look good for a third string qb but is light years away from being first string starting qb in the league.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I thought he improved as the game went on. Let's see what a week of practice does.

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, More Cowbell said:

I would give Gase until the bye to show he has a clue

If he doesn't,  elevate William's and either keep him as HC or look for a new one in the offseason. 

Not being able to recognize your OL is this bad and not game planning for it is criminal. I mean Bruce Coslett was smarter than this guy. He would stand on the side with a stop watch and if O'Broen didn't  pass the ball in a certain amount of time he stopped the play telling Ken you were just sacked.  Throw the ball quicker. 

you are insane if you think Gase is getting fired after 3 games - with his 3rd string QB losing to what will be the SB champs.

not even remotely possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Guys, gase hand picked his puppet gm.  You think joe douglas is firing gase?  Hahahahahahaha.

Gase is here for 3 or 4 years.  Him and douglas are a package deal.

Douglas has a six year contract you buffoon. 

And, for good measure, this little prediction of yours is as concrete as your smug and arrogant Manziel prediction.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Douglas has a six year contract you buffoon. 

And, for good measure, this little prediction of yours is as concrete as your smug and arrogant Manziel prediction.

Y did we sign DT?  Cause he played for gase in den.  Not a joe d signing.

Y do we have fales?  He played for gase in chi and miami.  Not a joe d signing.

Y do we have braxton berrios?  Cause gase liked him from his time at the U.  Not a joe d signing.

Joe D is a puppet for adam gase.  Open ur eyes.

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Y did we sign DT?  Cause he played for gase in den.  Not a joe d signing.

Y do we have fales?  He played for gase in chi and miami.  Not a joe d signing.

Y do we have braxton berrios?  Cause gase liked him from his time at the U.  Not a joe d signing.

Joe D is a puppet for adam gase.  Open ur eyes.

Every f*cking team signs players that the coaches are familiar with/like.  Why the f*ck would we not sign guys who need to come in here on the count of emergency that need to learn an entire system you utter troll?  Nevermind the fact that a guy like DT was, quite literally, the best available option as well.  The GM and coaches have to be on the same page genius, that's part of the working relationship and a big reason why Maccagnan was ousted.

Joe Douglas isn't a puppet for sh*t.  He will get Gase and another coach, should Gase fail. 

• Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Every f*cking team signs players that the coaches are familiar with/like.  Why the f*ck would we not sign guys who need to come in here on the count of emergency that need to learn an entire system you utter troll?  Nevermind the fact that a guy like DT was, quite literally, the best available option as well.  The GM and coaches have to be on the same page genius, that's part of the working relationship and a big reason why Maccagnan was ousted.

Joe Douglas isn't a puppet for sh*t.  He will get Gase and another coach, should Gase fail. 

Ur legitimately mad cause I think Joe D is a puppet.  Hahahahahaha.

Too funny!!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ur legitimately mad cause I think Joe D is a puppet.  Hahahahahaha.

Too funny!!!!!!

No I'm mad because you're an arrogant a**hole who parades around this board like your opinions or predictions are gospel.

Manziel = Superstar

McCown > Darnold

Siemian > Darnold

You're honestly such a f*cking mush that I get excited when you say something absolutely moronic because chances are, you're wrong, you utter waste of bandwidth.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1