We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

49 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We have laid a smelly turd in the first two games. Mono and lack of Darnold has led to some serious conservatism on offense, the OL is awful, and the defense is not great.

However, the defense showed improvement last week, Darnold will be back for Philadelphia and the defense will continue to get better.

I also believe that a healthy Darnold will show why he is a future Top 5 QB coming back

We will probably lose to NE this Sunday, but I expect there to be signs of improvement.

Philadelphia, Dallas and NE are a tough stretch. But I am not really that impressed with Dallas. 

Say we start 1-5.

Oh no, season over....but is it?

I realize that every team right now is penciling in the Jets game as a win for them, but the Jets did show some improvement Monday, and the Buffalo game was "won" before out epic fail.

I still believe we will be more like the TD machine we saw in preseason than our performances in first two games.

But here's the thing: After these 6 games our schedule is EPIC in its easiness We play likely only 1 team that will be in the playoffs, Baltimore and they are not as good as they look and might be on QB#3 by the time we play them.

I actually think we can start as good as 3-3 but even if we start 1-5, I think this team builds momentum wins 9 of last 10 and makes the playofffs.

Usually I would think the season is over but don't feel that way this time.

Is this the game Brady passes the torch to Luke Falk?

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

wins.jpg

Here are your 9 wins.  10 if we can beat NE at home or beat WAS on the road.

SAR I

So if we lose to Philadelphia, under your projection, it's all over.  Good to know.

By the way, epic fail, the Redskins game may be (apart from Miami) the easiest win on that schedule.  If you're gonna troll, but some effort into it at least.  

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Herndon is a player... Crowder is a very good slot and RA can take the top off a defense... never thought they were all franchise players but please... these players can still play and play well.

Herndon is young and decent. I didn't see Crowder make a big play when we need him. For this team to be successful they need game breakers like a Julio Jones. You don't get guys like that as UDFA. You have big kahoonas and you stop drafting underperformers or one year wonders in college. You draft playmakers, who love the game more than the money. Who don't do a lot of talking, but do it through their actions meaning they play big, and make big plays when it counts. I only see two playmakers, and game changers. One if Bell and the other is Mosley. Both are free agents.

Players like Jamal Adams, O'Dell Beckum Jr, Landry etc., act as if they are the main reason people watch football. Child please there have been better players before you cats were even born and better now and after your showboats are out of the NFL. None of these guys have performed deep into the playoffs. Mosley and Bell have.

We need to draft more of Mosley, Bell types and less of Adams, Beckum, Landy etc types.

Just now, johnnysd said:

Deep down I actually DO believe this. THe last few seasons under Bowles I knew it was going to be awful but I just dont feel that way this year. I still feel excited an optimistic.

I remember when I also believed in magical thinking.

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

This team is NOT going 5-3 on the road. At best, they'll be 6-10 and they'd have to be lucky to do that. I don't think they'll beat Jacksonville, to be honest.

I also love how everyone thinks the Steelers are going to pack it in , that team will win games , I bet they go 7-9 or 8-8 , too much pride , thinking we are going to roll over them is a joke . 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Herndon is young and decent. I didn't see Crowder make a big play when we need him. For this team to be successful they need game breakers like a Julio Jones. You don't get guys like that as UDFA. You have big kahoonas and you stop drafting underperformers or one year wonders in college. You draft playmakers, who love the game more than the money. Who don't do a lot of talking, but do it through their actions meaning they play big, and make big plays when it counts. I only see two playmakers, and game changers. One if Bell and the other is Mosley. Both are free agents.

Players like Jamal Adams, O'Dell Beckum Jr, Landry etc., act as if they are the main reason people watch football. Child please there have been better players before you cats were even born and better now and after your showboats are out of the NFL. None of these guys have performed deep into the playoffs. Mosley and Bell have.

We need to draft more of Mosley, Bell types and less of Adams, Beckum, Landy etc types.

I don't disagree... they need a lot more talent on this team... the depth is weak... but they are not the worst team in the league in terms of talent at this moment. Again... I agree with you... and I am not saying the Jets are winning a Superbowl... but ignoring the talent they do have is also a disservice. 

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So if we lose to Philadelphia, under your projection, it's all over.  Good to know.

By the way, epic fail, the Redskins game may be (apart from Miami) the easiest win on that schedule.  If you're gonna troll, but some effort into it at least.  

The logic is that we win 1 of the tough 3 (@PHI, DAL, NE) and I just chose @PHI as the win.

Then we win 6 of the easy 7 (@JAX thru MIA) and I just chose @WAS as the loss.

Focus on the big picture.  The Jets need to go 9-4 after we lose this weekend.  If with Darnold and Mosely's return we are back up to speed, the Jets will be favored in 7 of those 9 contests.  Not insurmountable.

Stop trolling me with the troll accusations.  I'm dead serious.  You should be too.  If you had the Jets at 8-8 or better back in August you should be very excited about our D which is exceeding expectations and will go a long way in making up our early season deficit.  Darnold's return helps the OL.  Le'Veon hasn't missed a step.  Crowder is a beast.  Herndon a complete bonus.  The rest of the wildcard competition is mediocre to say the least.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don't disagree... they need a lot more talent on this team... the depth is weak... but they are not the worst team in the league in terms of talent at this moment. Again... I agree with you... and I am not saying the Jets are winning a Superbowl... but ignoring the talent they do have is also a disservice. 

We are a disaster. I don't like Gase. I like Greg WIlliams. He benches players who do not perform or act up. Gas should not only benched Kalil but also Winters, and Beachum Jr. for getting his QB killed. I am shocked Bell has been effective given how bad the O-Line has played. Faulk will not do so well against the Pats. He doesn't have a WR who can get separation, or a TE right now who can catch consistent passes or a O-Line that can block their own shadow. It's a disaster of a start to the season. Please save SAM. IR him for the year and build dept. Maybe, we can trade the players for picks also.

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

I remember when I also believed in magical thinking.

coltds.jpg

The Indianapolis Colts were 1-5 last year and made it to the Divisional Round of the AFC Playoffs.  I mean, the Jets beat the spit out of them for cripsakes.

Have a little faith, peeps.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

This team is NOT going 5-3 on the road. At best, they'll be 6-10 and they'd have to be lucky to do that. I don't think they'll beat Jacksonville, to be honest.

Of course not.  Only a fool looks at this team right now and sees them winning a single game.  We are a joke.

But when our 7 starters return, and when Herndon joins up, you should feel no different now than you did in August.  If you had us at 5-11, cool, I respect that.  I had them at 11-5.  So with these 2 unexpected losses, I'm at 9-7.  That makes the wildcard this season.  Look at the other teams in the mix,

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

coltds.jpg

The Indianapolis Colts were 1-5 last year and made it to the Divisional Round of the AFC Playoffs.  I mean, the Jets beat the spit out of them for cripsakes.

Have a little faith, peeps.

SAR I

Pointing out exceptions does not change anything 

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Anyone who's been a Jet fan long enough knows we're getting torched by the Daniel Jones led Giants.

greateight.jpg

These guys aren't going to let that happen.

Its a new era of Jets football.  Just because the injuries have thrown you back into the SOJ zone doesn't mean its who we are.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

We are a disaster. I don't like Gase. I like Greg WIlliams. He benches players who do not perform or act up. Gas should not only benched Kalil but also Winters, and Beachum Jr. for getting his QB killed. I am shocked Bell has been effective given how bad the O-Line has played. Faulk will not do so well against the Pats. He doesn't have a WR who can get separation, or a TE right now who can catch consistent passes or a O-Line that can block their own shadow. It's a disaster of a start to the season. Please save SAM. IR him for the year and build dept. Maybe, we can trade the players for picks also.

I get it... I watch too... I am also not overreacting to the first 2 games. I thought they had a chance at 10-11 wins with such an easy schedule.. but now losing 2 games they should have won they have their work cut out for them to stay in the playoff race. 

I get it... you don't like Gase... well this is part of the problem here... you are blinded by your hatred. But I am also starting to dislike him... OL needs to get better but part of that is the QB directing traffic... Sam has to be better about telling where he needs his line to block... as for the CLE game... the QB is part of the problem not directing extra protection... Now I hated some of the play calling and it seems the team stalls when Siemian was in ... Herndon is a very good blocker who will be back for the Cowboy game. This will help the OL. Crowder was open all day in the Bills game and Darnold missed wide open RA on multiple plays which would have changed the whole dynamic about the QB and the team overall. He hits even one of those and this whole forum would have a different attitude.

Williams teams ball and I love that. Maybe he overtakes Gase, but that Bills game is a win if Sam played at 100%. And then Browns game was very winnable even till the 4th quarter and they had no offense... Sam playing without mono the Jets are 2-0

@SAR I is right... without the starters this team looks like a 0 win team... with the starters they should still make playoffs

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pointing out exceptions does not change anything 

Except when the exceptions are the rule.

Every year in the AFC, 4 of the 6 teams didn't make it from the year before and 1 of those 6 teams got off to an awful start.

So this year it's us.  Why not?  Which of these teams is better than the Jets when we last saw them as a whole against the Falcons or, if you like, even the Bills:

2-0 Bills
1-1 Chargers
1-1 Browns
1-1 Titans
1-1 Colts
0-2 Steelers

That's the landscape.  We are 1 game out of the wildcard even in our current pathetic state.  We need to be Top 2 on that list.  We already had the Bills beat.  Only the Chargers have a franchise quarterback.  The Browns are about to lose 4 straight.  The Colts lost Luck.  The Steelers lost Ben. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The logic is that we win 1 of the tough 3 (@PHI, DAL, NE) and I just chose @PHI as the win.

Then we win 6 of the easy 7 (@JAX thru MIA) and I just chose @WAS as the loss.

Ah, so your "prediction" wasn't really a prediction at all, just throwing some stuff up against a wall based on "tough games" and "easy games".  And Pittsburgh and Buffalo in Buffalo are games you decree as "easy" wins.  Got it.

So let me revise my statement:  If we do not win one of the "tough ones", under your projection, it's all over.  Good to know.

Focus on the big picture.  The Jets need to go 9-4 after we lose this weekend.

Yes.  That is how math works.

If with Darnold and Mosely's return we are back up to speed, the Jets will be favored in 7 of those 9 contests.  Not insurmountable.

There is no chance the Jets will be favored in 7 of the 9 games.

Stop trolling me with the troll accusations.  I'm dead serious.

But by all means, proceed SAR.  I would never get in the way of an academy award winning performance.  

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Of course not.  Only a fool looks at this team right now and sees them winning a single game.  We are a joke.

But when our 7 starters return, and when Herndon joins up, you should feel no different now than you did in August.  If you had us at 5-11, cool, I respect that.  I had them at 11-5.  So with these 2 unexpected losses, I'm at 9-7.  That makes the wildcard this season.  Look at the other teams in the mix,

SAR I

I thought this was a 6-10 team coming out of PS: 

• Upvote 2

Jamal Adams will stop them by running his big mouth, little to no game changing plays in the 3 years he's been in the league.. He will attempt to over run the play, only to be face planted by Alex Smith type QB and allow a 70 run for a touchdown and then finger wag like Kyle Wilson haha.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

We have laid a smelly turd in the first two games. Mono and lack of Darnold has led to some serious conservatism on offense, the OL is awful, and the defense is not great.

However, the defense showed improvement last week, Darnold will be back for Philadelphia and the defense will continue to get better.

I also believe that a healthy Darnold will show why he is a future Top 5 QB coming back

We will probably lose to NE this Sunday, but I expect there to be signs of improvement.

Philadelphia, Dallas and NE are a tough stretch. But I am not really that impressed with Dallas. 

Say we start 1-5.

Oh no, season over....but is it?

I realize that every team right now is penciling in the Jets game as a win for them, but the Jets did show some improvement Monday, and the Buffalo game was "won" before out epic fail.

I still believe we will be more like the TD machine we saw in preseason than our performances in first two games.

But here's the thing: After these 6 games our schedule is EPIC in its easiness We play likely only 1 team that will be in the playoffs, Baltimore and they are not as good as they look and might be on QB#3 by the time we play them.

I actually think we can start as good as 3-3 but even if we start 1-5, I think this team builds momentum wins 9 of last 10 and makes the playofffs.

Usually I would think the season is over but don't feel that way this time.

Where's Jim Mara when you needs him, PLAYOFFS!, PLAYOFFS!. Lets start by winning a game over any team. 

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Bills game is a win if Sam played at 100%. And then Browns game was very winnable even till the 4th quarter and they had no offense... Sam playing without mono the Jets are 2-0

@SAR I is right... without the starters this team looks like a 0 win team... with the starters they should still make playoffs

Bingo.  There we go.

And for every fan who had the Jets at 8-8 or 9-7, how much do you want to bet that they had us opening like this:

(W) Bills
(L) Browns
(L) @Patriots

So if we were supposed to be 1-2 at the bye, we're only 1 game off the pace.  But instead of sticking with 8 or 9 wins we're suddenly down to 3 or 4 wins?  Why? 

Because defeatist Jets fans suck, that's why.  Their Mets are losing and they want their Jets to keep the pain up, can't live without it, they live for this misery the media and their weak nervous systems feed them.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1