We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not going to shoot you.  I'm going to ask which 8-9 games you see us winning going forward, knowing what we know so far.

I think with Darnold back, he can hide a lot of the OL issues with his ability to read a play and make decisions quickly, as well as move well in the pocket, and throw on the run out of the pocket. These are several dimensions we have been missing.

Herndon being back opens up the passing game and allows us to be more dynamic between the numbers which should open more opportunities for Anderson and Thomas (maybe even Vyncent) in the intermediate and deeper routes.

Regardless, Darnold should be able to make enough plays to free the box up which opens up things for Ty and Le'veon.

I am not saying we will have a Top 10 offense but we can be solidly middle of the pack. Our defense has been decent and hopefully Moseley can make it back in a couple weeks.

Now normally a mediocre team like the Jets will be with Darnold should have no chance, but past the next game with NE, every single game is winnable, and I think we will be in a better spot than the opposition in the 2 Miami games, Midgets, Washington, Bengals. Pittsburgh under QB 3 or 4, We face harder challenges against Baltimore, Jax, and Buffalo, and I think the Cowboys are way overrated.

I think under Darnold will we be competitive in every remaining game maybe except for NE, and the better team for 6 of them. I think we win 1 or 2 that surprise a little, and lose 1 or 2 we should have won as the team comes together, but even if we lose both NE and Dallas (who I think we can beat) I think we can win 8 of the last 10 and maybe sneak in at 8-8. Our last 10 games are as simple a schedule I have ever seen for the Jets and I DO think we see vast improvement with a healthy Darnold back.

I am not giving up hope yet.

• Upvote 1

I think we can squeeze out 8 or so wins if everything comes back together, and Darnold looks sharp like he did after his foot injury, and up until he got sick. However for playoffs to be a remote possibility, we need to take at least 1 of our next 2 games against formidable opponents, not betting on that. Though by midseason, we have far and away the easiest remaining schedule in the league, and every single game is winnable. 

I think this season will be a ton of fun starting this week until the end of the year. Tons of possibilities and interesting things to keep an eye on. I'm excited even if we're not a playoff team. Because truthfully this year is about how good Darnold does, so as long as he plays well, this year can be considered a success in my eyes. 

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

A double wide, some disney stocks your grandmother gave you for your eight birthday, an autographed Dave Andreychuk jersey, and a punch card with 8 of 10 slots completed towards a free Mighty Taco?

You wouldn’t know how to execute a Day or Option trade if it hit you in the face. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We beat the Bills?  What year was this?  

This year.  September.  The Jets were the better team and would have walked off with a 16-3 victory had CJ Mosely not gotten hurt.  Or, if you like, the Jets would have beaten the Bills 30-17 had Sam Darnold not been playing with a disease. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This year.  September.  The Jets were the better team and would have walked off with a 16-3 victory had CJ Mosely not gotten hurt.  Or, if you like, the Jets would have beaten the Bills 30-17 had Sam Darnold not been playing with a disease. 

SAR I

Sam having mono isn’t really an excuse considering everyone in Buffalo is also diseased.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Vince Young was 17-11 after his first 2 seasons and he's the same player as Josh Allen.  That should be encouraging for your pending wild card loss.  Who knows, maybe you score more than 3 points this time!  

When did you become a scout? If Josh Allen is Vince Young then Sam Darnold is Chad Pennington. 

Trust me we will score more than 3 point this year in the wild card game. We have Allen now.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

When did you become a scout? If Josh Allen is Vince Young then Sam Darnold is Chad Pennington. 

Trust me we will score more than 3 point this year in the wild card game. We have Allen now.

Chad Pennington was a signiiiiiiiiiiiiificantly better QB than Vince Young, but go off king.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

We beat the RGIV and the Bills.  Focus on that.

SAR I

How can I focus on something that didn't happen. Show me in the official NFL record books where that happened and I'll leave this site forever. If the Jets make the playoffs this year I'll leave this site forever. lol.....

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So Jets score 30 if Sam didn't have Mono please. That's the joke of the year.

No oh wait . The Jets having only scored 17 offensive points ALL YEAR so far. Thats the joke of the year.

No oh wait, You thinking the JETS are making the playoffs. NOW THAT'S THE JOKE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

The only real stat is the wins and losses and so far Darnold and the Jets are not getting it done. 

I'm not sure that's true when dealing with rookie QB's.  Does anyone here really thing Josh Allen is a better QB than Darnold at this point because Buffalo has a good defense?

7 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

A long time ago but I changed careers.  It's too much of a grind. 

Josh Allen = Vince Young.  Both suck but are athletic enough to make timely plays, have a great running game and defense to make up for the fact they cant actually throw the Football.  

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, you guys are good, that defense is legit, you're going to win 10+ games and are going to lose the first round of the wild card, which is exciting! 

1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

No oh wait . The Jets having only scored 17 offensive points ALL YEAR so far. Thats the joke of the year.

No oh wait, You thinking the JETS are making the playoffs. NOW THAT'S THE JOKE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

Stand down everyone... Lots of capital letters going on here.

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure that's true when dealing with rookie QB's.  Does anyone here really thing Josh Allen is a better QB than Darnold at this point because Buffalo has a good defense?

Josh Allen has been a much better qb then sam darnold so far.  Way better.

Darnold now has the opportunity to change that and it starts Sunday.

• Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok, the bills fans are annoying now.  Stop letting SAR bait you and go away.  Come back b4 week 17.  Your back and forths are now boring.  

Know when its time to step away.  

If you do it for them, they won’t learn anything.

2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

How can I focus on something that didn't happen. Show me in the official NFL record books where that happened and I'll leave this site forever. If the Jets make the playoffs this year I'll leave this site forever. lol.....

Whoa, I don't want you to leave this site forever.  Quite the opposite.  I want you right here on December 29 right around 4:16 pm so I can mock you for your silly dreams of a playoff berth when Sam, Le'Veon, Jamal, and CJ wipe the floor with the Bills.

If you don't have the money for a ticket, let me know, it's on me.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

I told you to ask your dad for better material if you're going to try to be witty amongst the JN first string.  I see he was a fan of Henny Youngman.  That's not good for you.  Do you have a funny uncle?

SAR I