johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

Before we predict playoffs, how about at least one game where the offense (supposed area of expertise of our new head coach) at least looks competent.  At New England this weekend, with 3rd string QB, against a team that has not allowed a TD in 12 quarters (going back to the SB) and in a stadium where we have not scored a TD in 4 years.  Just look like a competent NFL offense.

Don't expect to win; but I at least want to see what appears to be a well coached offense.  We were incomeptent over two weeks: receivers can't get separation downfield, OL can't create a clean pocket, no adjustments from coaching staff.  Losing in NE is expected; but I at least want to see what appears to be comnpetence on offense.  Which may be too much to ask.

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm thinking if the Jets actually stay focused - one week at a time - then the Jets SHOULD be 6-7 going into the December Thursday night tilt in Baltimore. We'll get crushed, but possibly still being in the chase in December would be a HUGE improvement. The Jets have been out of playoff contention every year after the 1st game.

Yup. 7-7 is when I would start to think playoffs.  But in Baltimore, on a short week to prepare for that offense.  Hard to see us winning.  But, before we think about Baltimore, lets just take care of business next two weeks against bad teams and make that game meaningful.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company