johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

coltds.jpg

You know what’s funny, that’s what everyone said about the 1-5 Colts last year. 

SAR I

i am with you SAR.  look the Buffalo loss might stop our playoff chances but the kid had mono.  

8-2 last 10 games.  we just need to sneak a win out in the next 4 games.  

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Same Old said:

The jets were expected to start the season just like they did. This is a terrible team trying to rebuild. They have no cupcake games on their schedule unlike their opponents. With luck they win 4 maybe 5 games. 

i'd love to wager you on this 4 win thing.  i'll take the over.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

If the Jets make the playoffs, Gase is a slam dunk coach of the year. It would be one of the more incredible stories in the NFL in recent years.

if we make the playoffs is Sam the comeback player of the year? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, greasyt said:

Oh no.................................................................................he's league MVP

don't be dreaming.  he's not getting the MVP.

1 hour ago, Same Old said:

The jets were expected to start the season just like they did. This is a terrible team trying to rebuild. They have no cupcake games on their schedule unlike their opponents. With luck they win 4 maybe 5 games. 

6 days ago you had them at 7 wins.  now with Luck they are getting 4 wins?  

why not take the season off.  fall sunday's are very good.  enjoy yourself.    maybe drive up to buffalo to catch Allen play

40 minutes ago, Same Old said:

Very true and the jets are not making the playoffs this season or next,etc,etc. Reasonable target date 2022 or 2023.

okay

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm not seeing how to delete posts, can some mod please delete this mess?

might just make sense to delete the account!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

One game, Darnold was the difference but it does not deduct from what I saw for the first 4 games.

what would you want to see from darnold the next 4 weeks to change your view?

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Darnold had a great game. What can I say? - Should one player make that much difference? The previous four weeks was the worst football I’d ever seen. 

I blame the Head Coach for playing Faulk and going into his shell. We stunk, let’s see how we do before anointing Darnold the second coming.

as you should know the QB in the NFL is probably the most significant player in any team sport.  So yes, one player should make that much of a difference.

you have a browns helmet in your avatar.  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd be interested to hear what YOU predict for Darnold on Monday night.

Will we win?  Will Darnold play well?  What kind of production will Darnold put up?

as you might have seen, i started a thread about 5 days ago that said our playoff run starts this past sunday.  i said we needed to win 1 of 2 out of dallas and NE and we did that.

i don't think we will win this week but i do think that Sam will play well.   i think the pats defense is allowing 8 points on average per game.  i think Sam leads the team to beating that average by over 50% and maybe over 100%

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

I may change it when we become significant again, whenever that maybe.

life is short, why not root for the browns until we get significant again.  i promise we will welcome you back.

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

My fandom isn’t in question, and I won’t be going anywhere any time soon.

My avatar is now relevant again since the Browns stink again.

keep up the faith.  you will be rewarded.  

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

SAR, we need the math.  4-7 equals what.  And how do we get in the playoffs?

Look we really are 5-6 because the bills game is a win. 

:-)

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Right now the 6th seed in the playoffs is 6-4. So we are 2 games back.  Looks like a 9-7 win team is getting in this year.

Next week the raiders are at kc so thats a loss.

Steelers play browns.  Titans play colts.  So some of these teams will be losing next week.  This is going to get very interesting.

The bills loss and the dolphins loss are going to really hurt.  I think this team can beat the bills and the Steelers.  10-6 would have gotten us in. 

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Dolphins loss more than anything.  

If we were 5-6 today, looking at our remaining schedule and current play quality, you could make a reasonable argument for playing meaningful games right up thru season's end.

At 4-7, that feels alot more like a stretch.  especially knowing that the Phins and Bills could both beat us, because they both DID beat us.  

But to be clear, every game left on our schedule, sans the Baltimore game, is an exceedingly winnable games.  Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, all of those teams can (and we could argue should) be beaten by the Jets we've seen the past three weeks.

But Baltimore is materially, substantially, beaten than us on our best day, and (if I recall) we're playing in their house.  

8-8 is possible.  7-9 is more likely.  6-10 is still a real potential finish.

On to Cincy.

Agree with all of this. 

but playing meaningful games in dec would have been nice. 

Just now, batman10023 said:

Agree with all of this. 

but playing meaningful games in dec would have been nice. 

Should have bet biontii.  He said they were gonna have Three wins.  Lol. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company