johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

On 9/18/2019 at 2:39 PM, SAR I said:

16 point lead would have been 23 points if our franchise quarterback wasn't at 80% with a 104 fever and an enlarged spleen.

16 point lead would have been 20 points if our kicker wasn't someone bagging groceries at Walmart right now.

16 point lead would have held on its own if our franchise LB didn't pull a groin making a TD saving play in the endzone.

20 point Browns loss would have been a 10 point Jets win if we didn't have 7 starters injured including our best Offensive and Defensive players.

I know you see an 0-2 dysfunction.  What we really are is a 2-0 team that is badly injured.  That ends at Philadelphia.  That's the new season opener where the Jets go 9-4 completely healthy and with an easy schedule.

SAR I

I created an account just to point out that Darnold playing at "80% with a 102 degree fever" became "80% with a 104 degree fever and an enlarged spleen".  Tomorrow it will have been "80% with a 106 degree fever, a ruptured spleen, and a collapsed lung".  Just no.  No he didn't. 

Also...

Your constantly pointing out the 9 and 10 win teams who made the playoffs despite rough streaks LITERALLY MEANS NOTHING.  Correlation does not equal causation.  You seem to be operating under the belief that it would be normal for these teams to have their 6 or 7 losses spread out perfectly evenly throughout the season, and that having your losses clustered together is somehow indicative of success.  All you are doing is pointing out that borderline playoff teams tend to play inconsistently and have NORMAL winning and losing streaks, which does NOTHING to prove your point.  That's a common human fallacy of finding convenient patterns that really mean nothing and twisting them to support your preconceived conclusion.  What happens if you have more injuries leading to another 0-3 run later in the season, does that make you doubly-sure of making the playoffs?

You also completely disregard the point that THE ONLY REASON your game against the Bills was even close in the first place was because you got absolutely gifted three extra fluke turnovers (will at least give credit for the strip sack), a blown call on the safety, and another drive into Jets territory that was killed by a random 15 yard penalty, all in the first half.  The Bills offense was handily controlling the game otherwise WITH MOSLEY IN THE GAME.  But no, keep making excuses for a second half injury when the Bills had already been controlling the game up till that point.  Despite three fluke turnovers, the safety, and drive killing penalty, they still managed something like 12 plays of 8+ yards and 3 plays of 25+ yards in that first half.  But no, they only got competent after Mosley left the game.  The miracle wasn't the Bills comeback, it was that you were in a position to win in the first place.  Bills offense scored 17.  Jets offense scored 8 being gifted turnovers like it was Christmas.  Period.  Knock it off with the "Darnold did enough to win" and the excuses already.  The Bills were also down their two top TEs and starting several rookies.

Last thing, geographical proximity to the Yankees is irrelevant, your alleged wealth is irrelevant, your petty insults and dismissive rudeness while avoiding valid points is irrelevant, etc etc etc.  Stop acting like a delusional 14 year old boasting on the internet because none of that counts as magic "gotcha" arguments you can win with when faced with facts and reason.

Rant over.

*edit*  I also want to point out that 104 degrees is considered a "high grade fever" that warrants hospitalization.  The team doctors would have their licences revoked if they allowed him to PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL with such a debilitating illness.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re about to be drubbed to fall to 0-3 and SAR I is doubling down on the playoff prediction? FFS...

Just remember he claimed that Darnold was allowed to play with a 104 degree high grade fever, rather than being rushed to the hospital.  That's all you need to know about his credibility.  Just imagine SAR also has a 104 degree fever and these are his illness-induced delusions.

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Don't worry he never had any credibility. Just a blind delusional Homer. And a really good troll. 

Fair enough.  Bills forums have their share of homers too of course, I just don't think I've seen any as bad as SAR.  I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of level headed, reasonable fans on here compared to those I've encountered in real life.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If CJ Mosely doesn't get hurt:

Jets 16
Bills 3

If Sam Darnold doesn't play with mononucleosis:

Jets 30
Bills 3

The Jets beat the Bills.  The score doesn't reflect it, but we were the superior team.  Still are.  Which is why we're taking their playoff spot in Week 17.

SAR I

Are you going to address the points I made in my first post to you?

About how you are lying about Darnold playing with a 104 degree fever?

About how the Bills still had 12 plays of 8+ yards and 3 plays of 25+ yards just in the fluke turnover riddled first half, WITH MOSLEY IN THE GAME?

About how you don't understand that correlation does not equal causation, or what confirmation bias is?

About how the Yankess have nothing to do with the Jets?  What are you even on about with "we know we will just win it next year", as if they have won at least every other year for the last decade?

About how scoring a whopping 8 points is not doing "enough to beat the Bills" as if the Bills never score more than 8 points in a game against mediocre at best teams like the Jets?

About how you keep making excuses about how you WOULD have won if this and this and this went differently, when the exact same logic can say the Bills actually blew out the Jets because if those deflected passes didn't go for fluke INTs...if the refs didn't blow that safety call...if the Bills weren't down to their 3rd and 4th string rookie TEs...if the center didn't have a brain fart on a snap and hand you another fumble...if a random 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty hadn't killed a Bills drive about to put points on the board.....

And about how Darnold hasn't done jack all yet to prove himself to be a franchise QB, or even better than Allen?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold had the Bills beat, twice.  Once last year, once this year.  Our hospitalized quarterback, our injured defense, and our high school kicker would still have held on for the win if not for a terrible penalty at the wrong time.

You'd better fear Sam and the Jets.  You better ask your boss for December 30th off.  You're going to need it.  Win and in and the Bills aren't the team getting in.

SAR I

That's a lot of words to say "No, I cowardly refuse to address any of the points you made."

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

What does the past have to do with it?  Last year's Yankees didn't have 8-10 players who this year played out of their minds.  And next year's Yankees will have new free agents that will be the envy of the league.

That's the thing about being a fan of a world-class organization; you don't have to worry about next year, you just know you're going to win it all.  And as a result, you don't worry much about this year.

I know these are foreign concepts to you.  After all, you're a Bills fan.

SAR I

See below.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

jvsb.jpg

By no means am I bragging, but please, no Bills fan can take a shot at the Jets last 20 years.

The Buffalo Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  Since then, the Jets have won 7.

The Buffalo Bills have made the playoffs 1 time in the new millennium.  The Jets have appeared 6 times.

The Buffalo Bills have had 8 non-losing seasons since 1997.  The Jets have had 14.

The Jets aren't the laughing stock of the league.  That would be the 4 time Super Bowl Chumps who since missing field goals, losing helmets, and suffering humiliation on the biggest NFL stage haven't done dick. 

Fight a battle you can win, Jethro.  Come at us for our uniforms.  Chicken wings too.

SAR I

What does the past have to do with it?

WHAT DOES THE PAST HAVE TO DO WITH IT YOU SAID!

46 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

Still going on with the imaginary wins thing, huh?

Darnold led the Jets to EIGHT POINTS after being gifted FOUR extra opportunities on fluke turnovers. This is hardly “doing enough to beat the Bills” as you state. I’m definitely going to “fear” Sam and his 7-18 career record when we get to week 17 🙄

My favorite so far of his "if not for, thens" is the "terrible penalty at the wrong time".  I'm guessing that means he's willfully ignoring the BS unsportsmanlike penalty against the Bills that killed a first half scoring drive, which should have at least been offset by the Jets player taunting Allen that went uncalled.

I also still formally demand SAR address my point about Darnold's alleged 104 degree fever, which would have had him in the hospital and not playing professional football.  Because that is one of his running excuses about why wasn't playing like his usual "franchise QB" self.

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm a big fan of Sam but, realistically, he's probably going to feel the effects of mono this entire season (I'm guessing it'll weaken him).  Unfortunately, I think we have to scrap any expectations that we had for success this season and instead treat anything good as a positive.

Oh great, you just gave SAR his excuse for when Darnold plays poorly the rest of the season.  By season's end he will be soldiering through a 198 degree fever, a ruptured spleen, full body organ failure, and erectile dysfunction. 

7 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

As I've said, the miracle wasn't the comeback, it was that the Jets were in a position to win in the first place.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you need money, just ask, you don't need to go through these histrionics.

SAR I

You've used that ad hominem in this thread already.  I think you're running out of troll gas.  As for you trying to use big word to sound smart, it's ironic you would accuse someone of histrionics because...

his·tri·on·ic
/ˌhistrēˈänik/

Noun  
1. exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  He.  Did.

The defense blew a comfortable lead late.  It happens.  Doesn't besmirch the play of the kid quarterback with the 104 degree fever.

SAR I

Or what, you'll boast about your imaginary wealth and devotion to a non-football team again?  So intimidating. 

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2019 at 5:24 PM, SAR I said:

Yup. 

Mosely rested the groin and no one got hurt today in a meaningless game. Big win for us. 

The Eagles are 1-2. They’ll be 1-3 by the time Sam, CJ, and Le’Veon get to town to make ‘em 1-4. 

SAR I

Wow not only is Darnold 2-0 against the Bills, but now Falk is 1-0 against the Patriots!  By year's end the Jets are going to be the only team to go 16-0 and not make the playoffs, sponsored by SAR Brand Moral Victories.  But they TOTALLY would have won the Super Bowl if the universe hadn't conspired against them.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:03 PM, SAR I said:

Wow, as a 40 year Jets fan I never knew that.  Tell me more.

SAR I

Wow, amazing you could fit 40 years of fandom into your 14 years of life.  Are you a time lord?

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, SAR I said:

If you need money, just ask, you don't need to go through these histrionics.

SAR I

On 9/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold was at 100% last November and beat Joke Allen and the Bills in Buffalo.

Sam Darnold was at 80% this September and beat Joke Allen and the Bills in New York.

What the defense did to blow the lead two weeks ago is on them, not Sam.  Sam is 2-0 against the Bills.  He owns them. 

SAR I

Lol look back at these, SAR upvotes his own posts.  That's probably the funniest thing about this thread.  On top of everything else, he's "that guy".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Please take him back to your Bills/Pats forums..

We don't want him either.  There's actually a theory on our forum that he is just a psychotic Bills fan really dedicated to making Jets fans look bad.

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly 2 games out of the playoffs with 12 to play and the easiest schedule in the AFC in that span.

Thanks for asking.  I feel even better now.

SAR I

Easiest schedule?  Bills opponents going forward outside of the Pats are a combined 8-36.  6 out of their remaining 11 games combine for 1-28.

And they're already 4-1.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2002-nyj.jpg

Let me introduce you to the AFC Eastern Division Champion 2002 New York Jets.

SAR I

You didn't have the 5-0 Pats and 4-1 Bills already 5/4 games up on you for the division race.  You ain't catching up to BOTH teams.

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Chad won the division at 9-7.  The Pats are winning more than 9 games.  Heck, the Bills might too.  I will agree that Darnold has way more upside than Chad though.

Considering the Bills have 6 upcoming opponents with current combined records of 1-28, 9 or 10 wins would be a disappointment.  The rest of the 5 teams aren't unbeatable either.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company