johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

FO has us at an 8.2% chance of making the playoffs.  That sounds pretty fair right now.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Bottom half is being kind.... last 4 years or so, we are bottom 5 which is about bottom 20 percent.  we are a laughing stock around the country. 

From 2016-present, we have the 2nd worst winning % in the NFL (.280) after the Browns (.180).  

For comparison, in that span, the Dolphins sit at .460 and the Bills are .480, and each have a playoff appearance.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

So I can’t even insult the jets accurately???   🤣

lol!  No, you were correct, just thought it was important to point that out for the people who like to say "At least we're not...." all the time.  

Everyone else out there is saying "At least we're not the Jets" pretty much every year.  

7 minutes ago, thshadow said:

And my MIT professor would have argued that 8.2% isn't even a probability, because "the Jets making the playoffs this year" is a 1-time event, not something that can be repeated - but that's a more philosophical question.

Could the "repeatable" aspect come from knowing what teams' chances are when starting 0-2 and when taking into account their schedule strength or other factors?  The Jets making the playoffs this year, with this roster and this schedule is certainly a 1-time event.  But since we have a lot of data on previous 16-game NFL seasons my guess is that gets incorporated into the probability figures, no?

They dont want to hear the truth around here. Only sensible Jets guy on here is probability NYJUNC

LOL
  • Haha 1

We’re about to be drubbed to fall to 0-3 and SAR I is doubling down on the playoff prediction? FFS...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Greg555 said:

I actually think the team will rally after this disastrous stretch of games and finish 6-10.  

thinking it will be much better than that is delusional 

Exactly my thoughts.  6-8 to finish this season would actually be respectable given how many injuries and holes this team has.   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

Hahahaha!!!! Seriously you Jets fans are absolutely delusional. You’ve been thoroughly outplayed in your first 2 games, half of your team is out with injuries and your next 5 games are brutal. Your a 23 point underdog this week for crying out loud an NFL record!!!! 

The majority of us are not.  We know this team sucks.   

I didn't realize 23 points was an NFL record for a spread.  Wow.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

Even with an easy closing schedule if ur say 0-7 or 1-6 at that point do you really think this Jets team is capable of running off 9 straight wins which is damn near impossible in the NFL? 

Especially when you consider the mental aspect.  If you go 1-7 or 2-6 in the 1st half there's not nearly enough emotional investment to make the miracle comeback in the 2nd half of the season.   

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

You think we finished better than 4 other teams?  

Probably.  At some point the O-Line issues will get relatively "fixed".  Some of it is due to the adjustment to zone blocking, which has hard concepts to grasp.  The OL will never be good, just merely below average.  

Once that aspect settles in, the Jets will be good enough to beat the Dolphins at least once, The Redskins, Bengals and maybe 1 other surprise win.  That puts them at 4-12 or 5-11.  Good enough to finish ahead of Miami, Washington, Bengals, and 1 other team (someone like the Broncos, Cardinals or Panthers).

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We've dropped to a 3.1% chance of making the playoffs.  Still ahead of WAS, CIN, AZ, and MIA.  Considering we have 4 games against these teams left, chances are we're also not looking at a top 3 pick after this season.

Purgatory.  Again.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I see you still plan on going down with the ship. They just didn't lose, they were an embarrassment. I hope you are right I'm thinking more like 6-10 or 7-9. 

7-9 would be a f**king miracle, with Gase getting NFL Coach of the Year.
  • Upvote 1

Not really. They still play dolphins twice, giants, cincy and skins. That could be 5 wins right there. 

They’d have to win all 5 PLUS get another W to get to 7-9. My point stands.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company