johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

wins.jpg

Here are your 9 wins.  10 if we can beat NE at home or beat WAS on the road.

SAR I

So if we lose to Philadelphia, under your projection, it's all over.  Good to know.

By the way, epic fail, the Redskins game may be (apart from Miami) the easiest win on that schedule.  If you're gonna troll, but some effort into it at least.  

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The logic is that we win 1 of the tough 3 (@PHI, DAL, NE) and I just chose @PHI as the win.

Then we win 6 of the easy 7 (@JAX thru MIA) and I just chose @WAS as the loss.

Ah, so your "prediction" wasn't really a prediction at all, just throwing some stuff up against a wall based on "tough games" and "easy games".  And Pittsburgh and Buffalo in Buffalo are games you decree as "easy" wins.  Got it.

So let me revise my statement:  If we do not win one of the "tough ones", under your projection, it's all over.  Good to know.

Focus on the big picture.  The Jets need to go 9-4 after we lose this weekend.

Yes.  That is how math works.

If with Darnold and Mosely's return we are back up to speed, the Jets will be favored in 7 of those 9 contests.  Not insurmountable.

There is no chance the Jets will be favored in 7 of the 9 games.

Stop trolling me with the troll accusations.  I'm dead serious.

But by all means, proceed SAR.  I would never get in the way of an academy award winning performance.  

Just now, UnknownJetFan said:

Lets start by winning a game over any team. 

You could be waiting a while.  Check back in late October.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me introduce Prince Abubu to the 2018 Seattle Seahawks, opened 0-2, were sitting at an awful 4-5 in November. 

Finished 10-6 and made the playoffs.

SAR I

The 2018 Philadelphia Eagles who in September/October were stuck in a dreadful 2-5 streak, were sitting at 4-6 in November.

Finished the year 9-7, made the playoffs, went to the Divisional Round.

SAR I

This other team in some other city with other coaches and other players and other opponents in another year did something, so therefore we too will do that same something!  Book it!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

And while I could continue, let me end this recent wildcard history lesson and introduce Prince Abubu to the 2017 Miami Dolphins.  Opened 1-4.  Closed 9-2.  Made the playoffs at 10-6.  With a backup quarterback.  With a first year head coach.

So enjoy your Sunday.  Go apple picking with the kids.  Don't watch TV.  Not just for Sunday, but until the morning of Sunday, October 6.  Because that is New Opening Day 2019 where your New York Jets are going to go 9-4 and grab a wildcard.

SAR I

And if they don't, SAR will proudly sell his season tickets to opposing team fans like he does every year late....

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Steelers sucked last year WITH Roethisburger and Brown. With Mason Rudolf, they are not winning 8 games.

Easy win, won't even be a contest.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yeah, except for the fact that it isn't some outlier, it isn't some exception. 

It also isn't anything to do with us, this team, these injuries, these players, this coach, this season, these opponents or these games still to be played.

Which is why it means nothing to us.  Your argument is an obvious logical fallacy.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What we really are is a 2-0 team that is badly injured.

SAR I

Priceless levels of cognitive dissonance.

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You used to be a quality poster.

No I wasn't.

My favorite, actually.

This isn't tinder and I'm married already.  But thanks.

Now 10 years later you've devolved into Adam Vinatieri.  Looks like a Pro Bowl kicker, is actually Karre Vedvik.

SAR I

I prefer being a fat retired Sebastian Janikowski, if it's all the same to you.

P.S. I am what 40 years of dedicated, obsessive NY Jets love and devotion has made me.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Apologies about the name calling, but the incessant negativity makes no sense at this juncture.  We're a bye week away from being competitive.  I'd like some of you to hang in there.

My 11-5 prediction was predicated on a healthy quarterback, not Mr. Mono and Mr. Practice Squad.  With those 2 wins against the hapless Bills and hyped Browns off the table, I'm backing down to 9-7 which I think is extremely consistent.  And I don't think the Pats are very good.  I think they played 2 of the worst teams in the NFL so far, unfortunately the Darnold-less Jets are being served up next.  When they play a more competitive team they'll step back. 

SAR I

Just curious, is Jacksonville still an easy win in your view?  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

Seriously you Jets fans are absolutely delusional.

Nope, just SAR I and his "alternate facts".  Hard core trolling at this point, every post worthy of a butt fumble.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan35 said:

Even with an easy closing schedule if ur say 0-7 or 1-6 at that point do you really think this Jets team is capable of running off 9 straight wins which is damn near impossible in the NFL? 

Nope.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  He.  Did.

Alternative Facts.  

In SAR I's world, scoring 8 points, after being handed 4 turnovers, is enough to beat a team that scored 16 points despite giving up four turnovers.

8 > 16

One is forced to wonder if SAR thinks he has 3 luxury cars he can humblebrag over because he can't actually count as high as 3. :-k

Of course, everyone here knows SAR isn't that stupid.  He just gets his rocks off on trolling.  Always has, always will.

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm....:-k

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

There are a few things I know:

1.  The Jets beat the Bills in September.

You can write that down.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

By the way, I STILL feel the Jets have a very good chance of making the playoffs. See the post above, if the inter-conference trends continue 8-8 might very well make the playoffs this year.  Shoot me if you want, but I still feel optimistic with Darnold coming back along with Herndon. 

Not going to shoot you.  I'm going to ask which 8-9 games you see us winning going forward, knowing what we know so far.

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Cowboys, Jags, Miami (2), Bills, Cincy, Wash, Giants, Raiders.

Lose to Ravens, Steelers and NE

So we'll beat the 4-1 Bills in Buffalo in late December with our Sunshine Kid at QB (when was the last Jets win in Buffalo in December.....)

But we won't beat the 1-4, #4 QB Play'in Steelers at Home?

You know what's funny, was listening to local radio this morning lamenting the sorry state of the Redskins, and they were doing a similar schedule look-over and not finding much.

Till they got to the Jets, where they all laughed, said how horrible they were, and penciled that is as one easy win amongst what looks like almost all losses going forward for the Redskins.

Funny how other cities see us vs. how we see us.  Every team on that "win" list, apart from Miami, sees the Jets as an easy win.  Every one of them.  And you all have us beating 9 of 12 of them.  Lol.

Course, this is the same forum who was sh*ttalking to the extreme before the first Bills game too.....

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We would have beaten the Cowboys if Sam didn't miss a month of reps, Herndon didn't hurt himself vacationing, and Mosley wasn't Glass Joe.

SAR I

Well, at least you're all ready for Monday.

Going to be interesting reading your posts if we get to 0-7, and if sixth rounder nobody Gardner Minshew outduels a now-fully-healthy-normal-sized-spleen Sam Darnold.  That'll be a hot take that day, I am sure.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

what would you want to see from darnold the next 4 weeks to change your view?

I'd be interested to hear what YOU predict for Darnold on Monday night.

Will we win?  Will Darnold play well?  What kind of production will Darnold put up?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

The bills loss and the dolphins loss are going to really hurt.  I think this team can beat the bills and the Steelers.  10-6 would have gotten us in. 

The Dolphins loss more than anything.  

If we were 5-6 today, looking at our remaining schedule and current play quality, you could make a reasonable argument for playing meaningful games right up thru season's end.

At 4-7, that feels alot more like a stretch.  especially knowing that the Phins and Bills could both beat us, because they both DID beat us.  

But to be clear, every game left on our schedule, sans the Baltimore game, is an exceedingly winnable games.  Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, all of those teams can (and we could argue should) be beaten by the Jets we've seen the past three weeks.

But Baltimore is materially, substantially, beaten than us on our best day, and (if I recall) we're playing in their house.  

8-8 is possible.  7-9 is more likely.  6-10 is still a real potential finish.

On to Cincy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

but playing meaningful games in dec would have been nice. 

It sure would.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You talk as if the Bills are a playoff team.  They are not.

SAR I

please-dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm fairly certain he's trolling Bills fans with this one. Quite frankly he deserves some applause for it.

Agree to disagree. Jets fans “mocking” 10-4 playoff bound Bills fans isn’t comedy. It’s tragedy. It’s a special level of pathetic.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company