johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

16 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Deep down you don't believe this. 

Deep down I actually DO believe this. THe last few seasons under Bowles I knew it was going to be awful but I just dont feel that way this year. I still feel excited an optimistic.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

I also love how everyone thinks the Steelers are going to pack it in , that team will win games , I bet they go 7-9 or 8-8 , too much pride , thinking we are going to roll over them is a joke . 

Steelers sucked last year WITH Roethisburger and Brown. With Mason Rudolf, they are not winning 8 games.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TeddEY said:

9-7 still isn’t cutting it this year, and the Jets still aren’t going 9-7.

Actually that statement is wrong. One of the hidden trends that is keeping hope alive for the Jets is that the NFC is completely dominating the AFC this year, 16-8. If that trend continues you could very very well see even an 8-8 team emerge from the AFC. As an example the AFC North is playing the NFC West. Arizona is not a complete pushover, and based on last night the Rams, 49ers and Seahawks are all better than all of the teams in the AFC, plus they play each other 2 times each. 8-8 could easily win that division. Same with the AFC West. They are playing the NFC North. KC is the best team, but you could argue GB, Chicago Detroit are all better than the 3 other teams and Minny is no slouch. KC wins the division but good chance none of the others even have a winning record. So yeah your statement is completely false. Now on the flip side it might be 11-6 is needed in the NFC

• Post of the Week 1

By the way, I STILL feel the Jets have a very good chance of making the playoffs. See the post above, if the inter-conference trends continue 8-8 might very well make the playoffs this year.  Shoot me if you want, but I still feel optimistic with Darnold coming back along with Herndon. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not going to shoot you.  I'm going to ask which 8-9 games you see us winning going forward, knowing what we know so far.

I think with Darnold back, he can hide a lot of the OL issues with his ability to read a play and make decisions quickly, as well as move well in the pocket, and throw on the run out of the pocket. These are several dimensions we have been missing.

Herndon being back opens up the passing game and allows us to be more dynamic between the numbers which should open more opportunities for Anderson and Thomas (maybe even Vyncent) in the intermediate and deeper routes.

Regardless, Darnold should be able to make enough plays to free the box up which opens up things for Ty and Le'veon.

I am not saying we will have a Top 10 offense but we can be solidly middle of the pack. Our defense has been decent and hopefully Moseley can make it back in a couple weeks.

Now normally a mediocre team like the Jets will be with Darnold should have no chance, but past the next game with NE, every single game is winnable, and I think we will be in a better spot than the opposition in the 2 Miami games, Midgets, Washington, Bengals. Pittsburgh under QB 3 or 4, We face harder challenges against Baltimore, Jax, and Buffalo, and I think the Cowboys are way overrated.

I think under Darnold will we be competitive in every remaining game maybe except for NE, and the better team for 6 of them. I think we win 1 or 2 that surprise a little, and lose 1 or 2 we should have won as the team comes together, but even if we lose both NE and Dallas (who I think we can beat) I think we can win 8 of the last 10 and maybe sneak in at 8-8. Our last 10 games are as simple a schedule I have ever seen for the Jets and I DO think we see vast improvement with a healthy Darnold back.

I am not giving up hope yet.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1-4.  Browns losing, titans losing etc.

Could this be a year where an 8-8 team gets in?

Joe I have been saying that for 2 weeks. The NFC is killing the AFC this year in wins. I thin 8-8 could definitely be enough for a wildcard this year. People are not accounting for all the wins being pulled out of the AFC to the NFC. And I see no reason it wont continue, the entire NFC North is very mediocre, the AFC West is mediocre outside of the Chiefs, the NFC East weak outside of NE, and the central is decent but very beatable and they beat each other up which will keep them close to 8-8

As the OP for this future HOF thread, I STILL say the Jets are going to the playoffs this year. Our last 10 games are maybe the easiest stretch of 10 games we have ever had.

SARI seems to get "credit" for this thread, but I actually started it. And man is it possible to be as wrong about something as I was about this. There are bad teams every year, but what we are witnessing is historic  in incompetence. We have the worst OL I have ever seen, and we are ruining an elite QB prospect before our very eyes. This is just running through my mind over and over:

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just looked at the Bills remaining schedule. They could lose ALL of them. It is brutal like the beginning of our season was. Just sayin'

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company