johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

2 weeks in and your 11-5 and AFC East championship prediction is gone.

You have now moved to 7-6 and maybe the playoffs.

Dont you think its time to leave the prediction business?

No.  No one can predict injuries, any prognosticator gets a pass for that.  Steve Young picked the New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers to meet in the Super Bowl, you can't call him a fool because he didn't also predict Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees injuries.

And unless you're a SOJ hater, it's very obvious that if Darnold didn't get mono and Mosely didn't get hurt we would be 2-0 right now and the talk of the NFL would be the buzz around our suddenly dominant defense.  Where I thought that Dallas and Philadelphia would be definite losses I'm now quite optimistic.  You should be too.  The same team we were pumped about in August is still there. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Deep down you don't believe this. 

The same team we were pumped about in August is still there. 

Mosely and Bell look better than advertised.  The pass rush and secondary generated 6 turnovers in the first 2 weeks.  Gase is keeping his cool and the team isn't imploding.  At 80% and a 102 fever Darnold had done enough to beat the Bills even without a kicker the whole game.

0-3 looks bad, but it's not the end.  This is a good team hitting epic-level adversity.  We move past that after the bye week.  It's Game 1 and we only have to go 9-4 from there.  Look at the schedule.  Ain't hard starting in late October.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

0-2 headed to 0-6, and playoff bound! \\:D/

wins.jpg

Here are your 9 wins.  10 if we can beat NE at home or beat WAS on the road.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So if we lose to Philadelphia, under your projection, it's all over.  Good to know.

By the way, epic fail, the Redskins game may be (apart from Miami) the easiest win on that schedule.  If you're gonna troll, but some effort into it at least.  

The logic is that we win 1 of the tough 3 (@PHI, DAL, NE) and I just chose @PHI as the win.

Then we win 6 of the easy 7 (@JAX thru MIA) and I just chose @WAS as the loss.

Focus on the big picture.  The Jets need to go 9-4 after we lose this weekend.  If with Darnold and Mosely's return we are back up to speed, the Jets will be favored in 7 of those 9 contests.  Not insurmountable.

Stop trolling me with the troll accusations.  I'm dead serious.  You should be too.  If you had the Jets at 8-8 or better back in August you should be very excited about our D which is exceeding expectations and will go a long way in making up our early season deficit.  Darnold's return helps the OL.  Le'Veon hasn't missed a step.  Crowder is a beast.  Herndon a complete bonus.  The rest of the wildcard competition is mediocre to say the least.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

I remember when I also believed in magical thinking.

coltds.jpg

The Indianapolis Colts were 1-5 last year and made it to the Divisional Round of the AFC Playoffs.  I mean, the Jets beat the spit out of them for cripsakes.

Have a little faith, peeps.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

This team is NOT going 5-3 on the road. At best, they'll be 6-10 and they'd have to be lucky to do that. I don't think they'll beat Jacksonville, to be honest.

Of course not.  Only a fool looks at this team right now and sees them winning a single game.  We are a joke.

But when our 7 starters return, and when Herndon joins up, you should feel no different now than you did in August.  If you had us at 5-11, cool, I respect that.  I had them at 11-5.  So with these 2 unexpected losses, I'm at 9-7.  That makes the wildcard this season.  Look at the other teams in the mix,

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Anyone who's been a Jet fan long enough knows we're getting torched by the Daniel Jones led Giants.

greateight.jpg

These guys aren't going to let that happen.

Its a new era of Jets football.  Just because the injuries have thrown you back into the SOJ zone doesn't mean its who we are.

SAR I

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pointing out exceptions does not change anything 

Except when the exceptions are the rule.

Every year in the AFC, 4 of the 6 teams didn't make it from the year before and 1 of those 6 teams got off to an awful start.

So this year it's us.  Why not?  Which of these teams is better than the Jets when we last saw them as a whole against the Falcons or, if you like, even the Bills:

2-0 Bills
1-1 Chargers
1-1 Browns
1-1 Titans
1-1 Colts
0-2 Steelers

That's the landscape.  We are 1 game out of the wildcard even in our current pathetic state.  We need to be Top 2 on that list.  We already had the Bills beat.  Only the Chargers have a franchise quarterback.  The Browns are about to lose 4 straight.  The Colts lost Luck.  The Steelers lost Ben. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Bills game is a win if Sam played at 100%. And then Browns game was very winnable even till the 4th quarter and they had no offense... Sam playing without mono the Jets are 2-0

@SAR I is right... without the starters this team looks like a 0 win team... with the starters they should still make playoffs

Bingo.  There we go.

And for every fan who had the Jets at 8-8 or 9-7, how much do you want to bet that they had us opening like this:

(W) Bills
(L) Browns
(L) @Patriots

So if we were supposed to be 1-2 at the bye, we're only 1 game off the pace.  But instead of sticking with 8 or 9 wins we're suddenly down to 3 or 4 wins?  Why? 

Because defeatist Jets fans suck, that's why.  Their Mets are losing and they want their Jets to keep the pain up, can't live without it, they live for this misery the media and their weak nervous systems feed them.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Prince Abubu will bet you. Send me 50k and he will send you 1MM to hold in good faith until the outcome is completed.

sea.jpg

Let me introduce Prince Abubu to the 2018 Seattle Seahawks, opened 0-2, were sitting at an awful 4-5 in November. 

Finished 10-6 and made the playoffs.

SAR I

phi.jpg

The 2018 Philadelphia Eagles who in September/October were stuck in a dreadful 2-5 streak, were sitting at 4-6 in November.

Finished the year 9-7, made the playoffs, went to the Divisional Round.

SAR I

bills.jpg

The 2017 Buffalo Bills.  Fell apart on a 1-4 streak in November, lost to Josh McCown who had won 2 games in 3 seasons as a starter.  Made the playoffs at 9-7.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

fish.jpg

And while I could continue, let me end this recent wildcard history lesson and introduce Prince Abubu to the 2017 Miami Dolphins.  Opened 1-4.  Closed 9-2.  Made the playoffs at 10-6.  With a backup quarterback.  With a first year head coach.

So enjoy your Sunday.  Go apple picking with the kids.  Don't watch TV.  Not just for Sunday, but until the morning of Sunday, October 6.  Because that is New Opening Day 2019 where your New York Jets are going to go 9-4 and grab a wildcard.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

Accepting your statistics as true, how is 1 out of 6 not an exception?

Because it doesn't have to be 1 out of 6.  Just 1 out of 2 as there are two Wildcard's.  And as I posted up, this happens every year.  In both Conferences.  A really good team gets off to a terrible start and/or has a terrible stretch and figures out a way to get the 6 seed.

Feels like the Jets turn this year.  Of all the AFC Wildcard contenders, we are the one with the most upside, we are the one with the ridiculous injuries, we are the one where 2 losses easily could have been 2 wins if we were healthy.  And we're about to be.

0-3 gets us to 9-7.  Have faith.

SAR I

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

FO has us at an 8.2% chance of making the playoffs.  That sounds pretty fair right now.

What did FO have the Colts as when they opened 1-5 last year? 

Asking for a friend.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This other team in some other city with other coaches and other players and other opponents in another year did something, so therefore we too will do that same something!  Book it!

Yeah, except for the fact that it isn't some outlier, it isn't some exception. 

Every year the #6 Seed in the AFC has gotten off to a brutal start (like 0-3) and/or a terrible middle stretch (like 1-4) and catches fire and winds up being the hottest team going into the playoffs.  And then they more often than not win a wildcard game.

And this happens because they are a good team that isn't quite ready to win consistently and/or faced a multiple-week injury to their starting quarterback.

Sound familiar?

SAR I

18 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

These guys are not going to let us lose to the Bills at home with a 16 point lead.  They're not going to lose to the Browns at home with their stealth black jerseys.  This is a bad football team, despite your photo montage, until proven otherwise.

16 point lead would have been 23 points if our franchise quarterback wasn't at 80% with a 104 fever and an enlarged spleen.

16 point lead would have been 20 points if our kicker wasn't someone bagging groceries at Walmart right now.

16 point lead would have held on its own if our franchise LB didn't pull a groin making a TD saving play in the endzone.

20 point Browns loss would have been a 10 point Jets win if we didn't have 7 starters injured including our best Offensive and Defensive players.

I know you see an 0-2 dysfunction.  What we really are is a 2-0 team that is badly injured.  That ends at Philadelphia.  That's the new season opener where the Jets go 9-4 completely healthy and with an easy schedule.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And if they don't, SAR will proudly sell his season tickets to opposing team fans like he does every year late....

You used to be a quality poster.  My favorite, actually.  Now 10 years later you've devolved into Adam Vinatieri.  Looks like a Pro Bowl kicker, is actually Karre Vedvik.

SAR I

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’re a true believer I will give you that 

I'm actually not.  Back in the Rex days I was off that wagon before most realized it, I never uttered an optimistic peep in the Geno era, I tend to be very objective and realistic.

I had the Jets in the playoffs in August and I have us in the playoffs now.  I'm even more convinced, actually.  Some see 0-2 and dysfunction.  Not me.  I didn't expect our defense to be this good.  Our secondary was supposed to be a joke, remember?  We weren't supposed to generate turnovers, remember?  CJ Mosely was a question mark as to how he'd be used in our D, remember?  Le'Veon hadn't touched a ball in a game in 600 days, remember? 

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hahahaha.

SAR is grasping at straws.  A few weeks ago, his schtick was 11-5 AFC East champs.  Two weeks later, hes dropped to 6th seed wild card.

Next will be a flurry of excuses as to why his predictions were wrong followed by a 2020 Super Bowl prediction.

Still no heel turn though.  Disappointing.

If Sam Darnold is healthy and starting in Philadelphia I feel as good about the 2019 season as I did back in August.

However, 11-5 was based on 2-0 and a healthy Sam Darnold and that clearly didn't happen, so thus the #6 seed.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

From 2016-present, we have the 2nd worst winning % in the NFL (.280) after the Browns (.180).  

For comparison, in that span, the Dolphins sit at .460 and the Bills are .480, and each have a playoff appearance.

From 1997 to 2011 the Jets were Top 5 in the AFC in playoff appearances and Top 10 in playoff wins.

And we were run just as badly then as we are now.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold couldnt complete a pass more then 3 yards and now he is going to dominate the league starting week 7?

Darnold had mononucleosis.  Muscle weakness, difficulty breathing, high fever, weight loss, enlarged spleen, extreme exhaustion.  On an artificial turf field nearing 100 degrees.  When he got back to the locker room he nearly collapsed.

And yet one stop in the 4th quarter and we win that game.

Darnold is far better than you give him credit for.  If healthy, watch out.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

How is scoring 8 enough on offense against the Bills or any team in the NFL good enough. Obviously if it was you would have won the game. 

Doesn't matter how it happened, the Jets had a 16 point lead late in the game and the only reason the pathetic Bills got the W was because our QB1 had mononucleosis and our LB1 pulled a groin.  The Bills didn't win that game.  The Jets injuries lost it.

46 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Who ever the OP is has lost their mind. Yes the Jets are not as bad as a 0-2 record suggest but the same wins you are counting on are the same wins the Bills are counting on as well with a better overall team to do it with. 

The Jets have the better team.  Allen is a bad QB.  And we beat the Bills.  Just didn't get the W because of injuries and a freak illness to our QB.  And a kicker who should have been waiting tables in Utica.  The Bills should have killed the Jets, beaten us by 20 points.  It's embarrassing how they just narrowly eked out a win in those circumstances.

48 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

For example you just lost to the Browns. From what I saw from the Browns I feel more confident now about the Bills beating them than before you guys played them. 

The Browns beat our JV by 20.  The Jets were missing 7 starters and lost their QB2 and had to go to their QB3 who wasn't even on the roster the day before.  Oh, so that's some big Brown's victory?  With all those big players?  LOL.  The Browns are about to go on a 5 game losing streak.  I worry about the Browns even less than I worry about the Bills.  Which is to say that I don't worry about either as wildcard challengers come January.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd have an easier time believing this team could make the playoffs if I felt like the team's biggest weaknesses were related to the injuries. But offensive line is by far the biggest problem with this team and the five guys playing are the five guys we thought would play. They just suck.

11 in the box overwhelms any offensive line.  Remember the every-other-year Pennington-is-hurt Jets teams?  2003, 2005, 2007?  We had Hall Of Fame talent on that OL and we couldn't open a hole or protect a QB with the entire opposing D trying to stop Curtis Martin because they didn't respect whatever bum was under center.

Once Darnold is back and flicking the ball around like he does the LB's and S's have to play it honest and hello Le'Veon Bell.  Chris Herndon adds a completely different dimension, he's the real replacement for Quincy Enunwa when he gets back.  All this takes the pressure off the overwhelmed OL.  Couldn't have been worse timing to have the OL try to gel after no work in the preseason and QB3 under center.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Same Old said:

"Franchise QB"   Says who?

The same QB experts who during the first two seasons of the Mark Sanchez era said he sucked are now in the first two seasons praising Sam Darnold to the heavens.

That's who.

SAR I

12 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

It’s delusional fans like you SAR that make me hate the Jets. Not because you love your team, cause we all do. The problem is that you cannot look at your team and your rivals objectively.

I have never cared about the innermost feelings of the upstate cow-tipper before and I'm not going to start now.  You have bigger problems than worrying about how city-folk feel about their football team, Jethro.

SAR I

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets are going 4-12

2002-nyj.jpg

The 2002 New York Jets lost 3 early games by a combined score of 102-13.  Humiliated by the media.  Huge point spreads.  "We suck!"  "We're going 4-12!" all the SOJF said, pitying themselves and not seeing the truth-  that the problem was at quarterback.

Jets corrected their QB situation, we won the division.

Sam Darnold is sick.  He played the Bills game when he should have been in a hospital getting treatment.  Trevor Semen and Luke Falk aren't NFL quarterbacks.  When Sam comes back, all will be well.  There is plenty of time left to turn 0-3 into 9-7.  The teams battling for the AFC wildcards have less talent and lesser quarterbacks. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We don’t have the offensive line or talent on defense that team had

We don't need to.  The AFC isn't that strong right now.  Once you get past NE and KC there is a whole bunch of crap.

2-0 Bills
1-1 Browns
1-1 Titans
1-1 Chargers
0-2 Jets
0-2 Steelers

Two of those teams are getting into the playoffs.  We had the Bills beaten, they have their tough games late, and their quarterback is dreadful.  Browns are about to go to 1-5.  Chargers are old.  Steelers and Colts lost their franchise quarterbacks.

Listen, we're not competing for a Super Bowl or anything, but we as a team are ready to take a step and grab a wildcard.  Someone is getting the #6 seed at 9-7.  It should be us.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

You know what’s funny every team you have listen above is looking at the Jets as a stat game and a automatic win for them

coltds.jpg

You know what’s funny, that’s what everyone said about the 1-5 Colts last year. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Atj21 said:

Are you people out of your minds??? Hahahahahahahahahahaha playoffs???? This team is playing for the number one pick in the draft which they'll screw up and win 3/4 games. This thread is priceless.. please sticky.  

If Darnold and Mosely were healthy the Jets would be 2-0 right now, would be the talk of the league, CJ would be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and people would be talking about Adam Gase as Coach of The Year.

Those of a smart enough to recognize this  also know that Sam and CJ will be 100% at Philadelphia and the schedule gets soft shortly thereafter.

And a glance at the wildcard contenders shows that talent-wise the Jets are right there with them.

9-7 teams lose 7 times.  Doesn’t matter which games they are.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The colts had andrew luck, a great offensive line and a coach who has a clue.  

The Jets have Sam Darnold, an OL that has been rusty due to lack of preseason playing time, and a coach who was in a 1-4 hole in Miami, bonded his team, and made the playoffs.

55 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are a good poster SAR.  Ur terrible at predictions.  Drop this narrative now.

Thank you for the kind words, but I'm about 80% when I go out on a limb and make a prediction and I feel good about this one.

Why?

Because I see a 2-0 team if our FQB and our FLB didn't get hurt.  I see a D that is surprisingly better than I thought.  I see Le'Veon doing things I didn't think he would be able to do after his time away from the game.  I see passion in the eyes of our players.

Every year there is a team that is disregarded, trashed in the media, embarrasses their fans in the cafeteria,  underperforms early in the season, usually due to injuries or new playbooks.  And then shockingly grabs the #6 seed.  Every year.  This year, it's us. 

SAR I

55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We are beating the Dolphins twice, Bengals, Steelers and Giants

so there ya go 5-11

If we can beat those teams then we can also beat Jacksonville, Oakland, Buffalo, and Washington.  

So there's your 9 wins and the #6 seed.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed, the AFC is generally weak.  But look at the other teams schedules and tell me how the Jets finish ahead of all but one of them.  

AFC North: Obviously you're giving the Ravens the win.  Steelers might be finished, but the Browns, while they may lose a bunch of games in the next few weeks, are also poised for a late season up swing. 

AFC West: Obviously we give the Chiefs the win.  But, the Chargers and Raiders are both very much alive, and their greatest deterrent is playing the Chiefs twice, which the Raiders have already gotten one out of the way.  Assume the Broncos are dead.

AFC South: Looks like you're giving the Texans the win there.  But, Titans have a path to 8-3 or 7-4 possible.   Colts have a tougher road it looks like, but too soon to count them out, considering they've been competent w/ Brisset.  Call the Jags dead, I guess.  

AFC East: Pats win.  Look at Buffalo's schedule.  They could get themselves to 10 wins, potentially.  Strong chance they go 3-0 this weekend.  They're looking at 5-1 or 4-2 potential, if they do.

Good synopsis.  Titans are going to take #5 seed.  The Browns are opening 1-6, been saying that since the summer.  Colts, no Luck.  Steelers, no Ben.  Bills just beat the two worst teams in the NFL, barely, and they come back to Earth soon with the same tough opponents we have.  The Bills draw the Titans on the road, that's a big one for us.  Week 16 as we're beating the Steelers the Patriots are whipping the Bills setting up...

Jets vs. Buffalo Week 17.  Win-and-in for the #6 seed on Sunday Night Football.  And the Jets win it.  Then we lose to the Ravens the next week.

That's how I see it shaking out.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Same Old said:

The jets were expected to start the season just like they did. This is a terrible team trying to rebuild. They have no cupcake games on their schedule unlike their opponents. With luck they win 4 maybe 5 games. 

No, they weren't.  They were favored to beat the Bills in Game 1 and would have been favored to beat the Browns in Game 2.

The Jets lost their starting quarterback.  They are getting him back in Week 4. 

Bills suck.  So do you.  Thank you for using up some usernames that I didn't like before you're banned.  Again.

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company