Jump to content
johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are a SOJF.  If your team isn't making you miserable you aren't happy.  I'm sure there are plenty of other failures in your life that you can focus on this Fall as the Jets are turning things around.  You won't be welcome here then.

SAR I

Stop that SAR.  Your better then SOJF name calling.  2 weeks ago you were 11-5 AFC East champions.  You miscalculated how good the pats were and backed off that real fast.  Now you have turned into “Ill just keep posting predictions until im right” guy.

This isnt the same SAR i used to know.  Very disappointing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lith said:

Before we predict playoffs, how about at least one game where the offense (supposed area of expertise of our new head coach) at least looks competent.  At New England this weekend, with 3rd string QB, against a team that has not allowed a TD in 12 quarters (going back to the SB) and in a stadium where we have not scored a TD in 4 years.  Just look like a competent NFL offense.

Don't expect to win; but I at least want to see what appears to be a well coached offense.  We were incomeptent over two weeks: receivers can't get separation downfield, OL can't create a clean pocket, no adjustments from coaching staff.  Losing in NE is expected; but I at least want to see what appears to be comnpetence on offense.  Which may be too much to ask.

You are going to be disappointed on Sunday.  The Jets, smartly, aren't even trying to win.  Mosely is getting extra rest, so is Williams, so is Darnold.  Bell probably gets no more than 15 touches, they'll rest him too.

The Jets season starts at Philadelphia.  Don't bother watching this week.  0-3 gets us to 7-6 which with wins over the Steelers and Bills gets us to 9-7 and the #6 Seed.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We inserted a qb who was so good he was crowned the next joe montana.  Thats not happening when darnold comes back. 

SAR you have lost your marbles.  What spin will you put on this when this prediction doesnt come close to happening.

Wait-  you think that Chad Pennington is a better quarterback than Sam Darnold?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stop that SAR.  Your better then SOJF name calling.  2 weeks ago you were 11-5 AFC East champions.  You miscalculated how good the pats were and backed off that real fast.  Now you have turned into “Ill just keep posting predictions until im right” guy.

This isnt the same SAR i used to know.  Very disappointing.

Apologies about the name calling, but the incessant negativity makes no sense at this juncture.  We're a bye week away from being competitive.  I'd like some of you to hang in there.

My 11-5 prediction was predicated on a healthy quarterback, not Mr. Mono and Mr. Practice Squad.  With those 2 wins against the hapless Bills and hyped Browns off the table, I'm backing down to 9-7 which I think is extremely consistent.  And I don't think the Pats are very good.  I think they played 2 of the worst teams in the NFL so far, unfortunately the Darnold-less Jets are being served up next.  When they play a more competitive team they'll step back. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Greg555 said:

I actually think the team will rally after this disastrous stretch of games and finish 6-10.  

 

thinking it will be much better than that is delusional 

Exactly my thoughts.  6-8 to finish this season would actually be respectable given how many injuries and holes this team has.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Apologies about the name calling, but the incessant negativity makes no sense at this juncture.  We're a bye week away from being competitive.  I'd like some of you to hang in there.

My 11-5 prediction was predicated on a healthy quarterback, not Mr. Mono and Mr. Practice Squad.  With those 2 wins against the hapless Bills and hyped Browns off the table, I'm backing down to 9-7 which I think is extremely consistent.  And I don't think the Pats are very good.  I think they played 2 of the worst teams in the NFL so far, unfortunately the Darnold-less Jets are being served up next.  When they play a more competitive team they'll step back. 

SAR I

Just curious, is Jacksonville still an easy win in your view?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If CJ Mosely doesn't get hurt:

Jets 16
Bills 3

If Sam Darnold doesn't play with mononucleosis:

Jets 30
Bills 3

The Jets beat the Bills.  The score doesn't reflect it, but we were the superior team.  Still are.  Which is why we're taking their playoff spot in Week 17.

SAR I

Are you going to address the points I made in my first post to you?

About how you are lying about Darnold playing with a 104 degree fever?

About how the Bills still had 12 plays of 8+ yards and 3 plays of 25+ yards just in the fluke turnover riddled first half, WITH MOSLEY IN THE GAME?

About how you don't understand that correlation does not equal causation, or what confirmation bias is?

About how the Yankess have nothing to do with the Jets?  What are you even on about with "we know we will just win it next year", as if they have won at least every other year for the last decade?

About how scoring a whopping 8 points is not doing "enough to beat the Bills" as if the Bills never score more than 8 points in a game against mediocre at best teams like the Jets?

About how you keep making excuses about how you WOULD have won if this and this and this went differently, when the exact same logic can say the Bills actually blew out the Jets because if those deflected passes didn't go for fluke INTs...if the refs didn't blow that safety call...if the Bills weren't down to their 3rd and 4th string rookie TEs...if the center didn't have a brain fart on a snap and hand you another fumble...if a random 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty hadn't killed a Bills drive about to put points on the board.....

 

And about how Darnold hasn't done jack all yet to prove himself to be a franchise QB, or even better than Allen?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's doesn't matter.  As Yankee fans we know that if we don't win it this year we'll win it next year.

SAR I

Well how many years have you been saying that? Going on 10 years? Soon to be 11 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm not seeing how to delete posts, can some mod please delete this mess?

might just make sense to delete the account!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If CJ Mosely doesn't get hurt:

Jets 16
Bills 3

If Sam Darnold doesn't play with mononucleosis:

Jets 30
Bills 3

The Jets beat the Bills.  The score doesn't reflect it, but we were the superior team.  Still are.  Which is why we're taking their playoff spot in Week 17.

SAR I

Dude. What game were you watching? The Bills were marching up and down the field at will against the Jets. And the Jets, at 4-12 again, will most certainly NOT be taking the Bills’ playoff spot in week 17.

 

You see, the Bills have this thing called a franchise QB. Perhaps most importantly, they have AN ACTUAL LEGITIMATE HEAD COACH. 

 

The Jets will be out of playoff contention before Halloween.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We inserted a qb who was so good he was crowned the next joe montana.  Thats not happening when darnold comes back. 

SAR you have lost your marbles.  What spin will you put on this when this prediction doesnt come close to happening.

I’ll check back around Thanksgiving. I’m sure they’ll still be “playoff bound” by then though 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold beat Josh Allen's Bills last year in Buffalo.  A hospitalized Sam Darnold had the Bills beat this year in MetLife.

Sam is 2-0 against the Bills.  He owns them.  Week 17 is a layup.

SAR I

What is it with you and these fake wins?

The. Jets. Did. Not. Beat. The. Bills.

Or. The. Browns.

My stat is still true. Allen has won the same number of games at MetLife as Darnold. (In ACTUAL wins, not imaginary ones)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we're going to start 0-7 (our 7th game is in Jax, which looks pretty decent).  Then the schedule gets a lot easier (Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins).  Depending on if Darnold is back and if he's strong enough to play well, it might be feasible that we could win 5 of those 6 games.  The last 3 are Ravens, Steelers and Bills though.  Maybe we win 1 of those game (or possibly 2 if we really play well).  But if I'm correct on this, it that means we're looking at something like 6-10.

That would be incredibly disappointing (though not surprising).  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, is Jacksonville still an easy win in your view?  Thanks.

Yes.  A win over a Titans team with a bad QB isn't something to sway my opinion.

If my memory serves correctly, road teams lose ~68% of the time on Thursday night.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Are you going to address the points I made in my first post to you?

About how you are lying about Darnold playing with a 104 degree fever?

About how the Bills still had 12 plays of 8+ yards and 3 plays of 25+ yards just in the fluke turnover riddled first half, WITH MOSLEY IN THE GAME?

About how you don't understand that correlation does not equal causation, or what confirmation bias is?

About how the Yankess have nothing to do with the Jets?  What are you even on about with "we know we will just win it next year", as if they have won at least every other year for the last decade?

About how scoring a whopping 8 points is not doing "enough to beat the Bills" as if the Bills never score more than 8 points in a game against mediocre at best teams like the Jets?

About how you keep making excuses about how you WOULD have won if this and this and this went differently, when the exact same logic can say the Bills actually blew out the Jets because if those deflected passes didn't go for fluke INTs...if the refs didn't blow that safety call...if the Bills weren't down to their 3rd and 4th string rookie TEs...if the center didn't have a brain fart on a snap and hand you another fumble...if a random 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty hadn't killed a Bills drive about to put points on the board.....

And about how Darnold hasn't done jack all yet to prove himself to be a franchise QB, or even better than Allen?

Sam Darnold had the Bills beat, twice.  Once last year, once this year.  Our hospitalized quarterback, our injured defense, and our high school kicker would still have held on for the win if not for a terrible penalty at the wrong time.

You'd better fear Sam and the Jets.  You better ask your boss for December 30th off.  You're going to need it.  Win and in and the Bills aren't the team getting in.

SAR I

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Same Old said:

Well how many years have you been saying that? Going on 10 years? Soon to be 11 years.

Unlike the Buffalo Bills, the New York Yankees put a quality product on the field.  If we don't win the World Series this year, we'll win it the next. 

You'd be better served to stay in your lane.  Stop talking about the Yankees.  Talk about the Sabres.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we're going to start 0-7 (our 7th game is in Jax, which looks pretty decent).  Then the schedule gets a lot easier (Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins).  Depending on if Darnold is back and if he's strong enough to play well, it might be feasible that we could win 5 of those 6 games.  The last 3 are Ravens, Steelers and Bills though.  Maybe we win 1 of those game (or possibly 2 if we really play well).  But if I'm correct on this, it that means we're looking at something like 6-10.

That would be incredibly disappointing (though not surprising).  

A funny thing happens to a talented team that's sitting at 1-4 and given up for dead.  They start playing relaxed.  They start building a chip on their shoulder.  They start making plays.  The teams playing them take them lightly.  They start winning games.  They start winning a lot of games.  And then they go into the playoffs as the hottest team in the conference.

This happens quite frequently.  The Jets aren't a bad team.  They're an injured team.  That's correctable in two weeks, and the rest of the wildcard field isn't compelling, there isn't a team to fear once you give the divisions to the usual suspects.  Wildcard contenders like the Titans, Colts, Chargers, and Browns are all going to have their spell of misfortune, they're all going to lose 3 in a row at some point.  We just hit our misfortune earlier than they did.  9-7 teams lose 7 times.  Doesn't matter when they happen.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be wild when SAR is revealed to be Norman Mailer

What would be wild is if Tom Brady blows a knee and the Jets win.  Then the whole forum will be catching 12-4 fever and telling me I'm too conservative at 9-7.

The NFL is an unpredictable joke most of the time.  Bad teams beat good ones all the time.  Hell, with very limited exception, every Jets playoff appearance has been a shocking turned-around disaster.  If one thought playoffs for these Jets back in August you almost had to assume it would play out like this.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Unlike the Buffalo Bills, the New York Yankees put a quality product on the field.  If we don't win the World Series this year, we'll win it the next. 

You'd be better served to stay in your lane.  Stop talking about the Yankees.  Talk about the Sabres.

 

 

"If we don't win the world series this year we'll win it the next"

      FALSE.  It's been 10 years since they won it.  Red Sox have dominated for the last 10 years much like the Patriots. New York Post tagged  Boston, (Championship Central). That must burn your buns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What would be wild is if Tom Brady blows a knee and the Jets win.  Then the whole forum will be catching 12-4 fever and telling me I'm too conservative at 9-7.

SAR I

Image result for fun drunks gifs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold had the Bills beat, twice.  Once last year, once this year.  Our hospitalized quarterback, our injured defense, and our high school kicker would still have held on for the win if not for a terrible penalty at the wrong time.

You'd better fear Sam and the Jets.  You better ask your boss for December 30th off.  You're going to need it.  Win and in and the Bills aren't the team getting in.

SAR I

Amazing. Jets year in and year out have been the laughing stock of the league, yet somehow with little talent and zero depth will win late in the season and make the playoffs.  LMAO.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Same Old said:

 

"If we don't win the world series this year we'll win it the next"

      FALSE.  It's been 10 years since they won it.  Red Sox have dominated for the last 10 years much like the Patriots. New York Post tagged  Boston, (Championship Central). That must burn your buns.

 

What does the past have to do with it?  Last year's Yankees didn't have 8-10 players who this year played out of their minds.  And next year's Yankees will have new free agents that will be the envy of the league.

That's the thing about being a fan of a world-class organization; you don't have to worry about next year, you just know you're going to win it all.  And as a result, you don't worry much about this year.

I know these are foreign concepts to you.  After all, you're a Bills fan.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What does the past have to do with it?  Last year's Yankees didn't have 8-10 players who this year played out of their minds.  And next year's Yankees will have new free agents that will be the envy of the league.

That's the thing about being a fan of a world-class organization; you don't have to worry about next year, you just know you're going to win it all.  And as a result, you don't worry much about this year.

I know these are foreign concepts to you.  After all, you're a Bills fan.

SAR I

No. Boston boy. Who enjoys living in Championship Central. 

FYI, Hal will not be signing free agents because he has a bottom line budget and will struggle to keep key players from leaving. Face it since 2004 beat down in the ALCS the Sox have owned the yanks. Kinda like the Patriots owning their division. Can't wait for Sunday. Will be enjoying tailgate time and jet humiliation to follow. See ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Same Old said:

Amazing. Jets year in and year out have been the laughing stock of the league, yet somehow with little talent and zero depth will win late in the season and make the playoffs.  LMAO.

jvsb.jpg

By no means am I bragging, but please, no Bills fan can take a shot at the Jets last 20 years.

The Buffalo Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  Since then, the Jets have won 7.

The Buffalo Bills have made the playoffs 1 time in the new millennium.  The Jets have appeared 6 times.

The Buffalo Bills have had 8 non-losing seasons since 1997.  The Jets have had 14.

The Jets aren't the laughing stock of the league.  That would be the 4 time Super Bowl Chumps who since missing field goals, losing helmets, and suffering humiliation on the biggest NFL stage haven't done dick. 

Fight a battle you can win, Jethro.  Come at us for our uniforms.  Chicken wings too.

SAR I

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold had the Bills beat, twice.  Once last year, once this year.  Our hospitalized quarterback, our injured defense, and our high school kicker would still have held on for the win if not for a terrible penalty at the wrong time.

You'd better fear Sam and the Jets.  You better ask your boss for December 30th off.  You're going to need it.  Win and in and the Bills aren't the team getting in.

SAR I

That's a lot of words to say "No, I cowardly refuse to address any of the points you made."

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

What does the past have to do with it?  Last year's Yankees didn't have 8-10 players who this year played out of their minds.  And next year's Yankees will have new free agents that will be the envy of the league.

That's the thing about being a fan of a world-class organization; you don't have to worry about next year, you just know you're going to win it all.  And as a result, you don't worry much about this year.

I know these are foreign concepts to you.  After all, you're a Bills fan.

SAR I

See below.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

jvsb.jpg

By no means am I bragging, but please, no Bills fan can take a shot at the Jets last 20 years.

The Buffalo Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  Since then, the Jets have won 7.

The Buffalo Bills have made the playoffs 1 time in the new millennium.  The Jets have appeared 6 times.

The Buffalo Bills have had 8 non-losing seasons since 1997.  The Jets have had 14.

The Jets aren't the laughing stock of the league.  That would be the 4 time Super Bowl Chumps who since missing field goals, losing helmets, and suffering humiliation on the biggest NFL stage haven't done dick. 

Fight a battle you can win, Jethro.  Come at us for our uniforms.  Chicken wings too.

SAR I

What does the past have to do with it?

WHAT DOES THE PAST HAVE TO DO WITH IT YOU SAID!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold had the Bills beat, twice.  Once last year, once this year.  Our hospitalized quarterback, our injured defense, and our high school kicker would still have held on for the win if not for a terrible penalty at the wrong time.

You'd better fear Sam and the Jets.  You better ask your boss for December 30th off.  You're going to need it.  Win and in and the Bills aren't the team getting in.

SAR I

Still going on with the imaginary wins thing, huh?

Darnold led the Jets to EIGHT POINTS after being gifted FOUR extra opportunities on fluke turnovers. This is hardly “doing enough to beat the Bills” as you state. I’m definitely going to “fear” Sam and his 7-18 career record when we get to week 17 🙄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only playoff the Jets are going to , is the American League playoffs for the Yankees .   That's if the Jets own a couple  of suites at Yankee Stadium.    

If not they will be drafting in the top five of the 2020  NFL draft  again.     That is the quickest way to turn the franchise around, providing Joe Douglas is that good at his job.( drafting).   

Why would anyone want this Jet team to be a playoff team with all the holes they have on this team.     The goal is to eventually win a Championship, not just make the playoffs.

The Jets win more than  6 games they are just continuing the endless cycle of mediocrity.    Time for the Jets to embrace the Dolphin plan.    They should be trading everything that might fetch them a draft choice .( Keeping their small core players they want to build around.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

Still going on with the imaginary wins thing, huh?

Darnold led the Jets to EIGHT POINTS after being gifted FOUR extra opportunities on fluke turnovers. This is hardly “doing enough to beat the Bills” as you state. I’m definitely going to “fear” Sam and his 7-18 career record when we get to week 17 🙄

 

My favorite so far of his "if not for, thens" is the "terrible penalty at the wrong time".  I'm guessing that means he's willfully ignoring the BS unsportsmanlike penalty against the Bills that killed a first half scoring drive, which should have at least been offset by the Jets player taunting Allen that went uncalled.

I also still formally demand SAR address my point about Darnold's alleged 104 degree fever, which would have had him in the hospital and not playing professional football.  Because that is one of his running excuses about why wasn't playing like his usual "franchise QB" self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...