We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

17 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

With the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Defensive Tackle Piere Patiatowski out of South West Missouri State. 

Positives- Has the ability to get A bull rush up the middle and is stout against the run. He is highly considered the best defensive player in the draft. 

Negatives- He's a 28 year old 5th year Sr. 

I actually wonder what Macc would do with the first pick of the draft... he can’t just select whoever has fallen the farthest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

With this morning's pessimistic news on Sam Spleen, its not looking likely.  Which is a shame because next year is even harder:

winnow.jpg

Home schedule is about the same level of difficulty, but the Road schedule is brutal.  4 trips out West.  At the Seahawks, at the Chiefs, 2 games in the new LA stadium against potent offenses.  2021 looks pretty good though. 

SAR I

Wins will come if the team improves.  I’m not terribly worried about the schedule.  The Rams just gave up 55 to Tampa Bay.  Just fix the wholes and hope Darnold is good, the outcomes will take care of themselves.

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

You think we finished better than 4 other teams?  

Probably.  At some point the O-Line issues will get relatively "fixed".  Some of it is due to the adjustment to zone blocking, which has hard concepts to grasp.  The OL will never be good, just merely below average.  

Once that aspect settles in, the Jets will be good enough to beat the Dolphins at least once, The Redskins, Bengals and maybe 1 other surprise win.  That puts them at 4-12 or 5-11.  Good enough to finish ahead of Miami, Washington, Bengals, and 1 other team (someone like the Broncos, Cardinals or Panthers).

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Wins will come if the team improves.  I’m not terribly worried about the schedule.  The Rams just gave up 55 to Tampa Bay.  Just fix the wholes and hope Darnold is good, the outcomes will take care of themselves.

w/ the best DT in the game...  just shows...  DT is... not that important if you wanna win

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably.  At some point the O-Line issues will get relatively "fixed".  Some of it is due to the adjustment to zone blocking, which has hard concepts to grasp.  The OL will never be good, just merely below average.  

Once that aspect settles in, the Jets will be good enough to beat the Dolphins at least once, The Redskins, Bengals and maybe 1 other surprise win.  That puts them at 4-12 or 5-11.  Good enough to finish ahead of Miami, Washington, Bengals, and 1 other team (someone like the Broncos, Cardinals or Panthers).

Gase is so inept on so many levels

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This thread makes me laugh. Jets making playoffs. ?

The Homers have been broken, SAR 1 broke when the news hit Captain Speen is still out. I want to see how bad this dumpster fire can get. I imagine it’s going to be new level bad.

On a brighter note Gase is one and done.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We are looking at the #1 pick if Luke Falk is our QB the remainder of the season. 

There is no way the Dolphins beat us.  They might be the worst team I’ve ever seen, right up there with those bad Lions and Browns teams.

The truth of the matter is that while we are bad, there are a metric crap ton of bad teams in the league as well right now.  It really wouldn’t surprise me if we got 6 or 7 wins this year, even with Falk as qb.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Homers have been broken, SAR 1 broke when the news hit Captain Speen is still out. I want to see how bad this dumpster fire can get. I imagine it’s going to be new level bad.

Homers never break they just take a little rest. The next relatively decent Jets offensive drive they reactivate like when you add water to those freeze-dried mail-order sea monkeys.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Hael said:

There is no way the Dolphins beat us.  They might be the worst team I’ve ever seen, right up there with those bad Lions and Browns teams.

The truth of the matter is that while we are bad, there are a metric crap ton of bad teams in the league as well right now.  It really wouldn’t surprise me if we got 6 or 7 wins this year, even with Falk as qb.

No way? None? These are not words I would use to describe the chances of any bad thing happening to the Jets this season.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Homers never break they just take a little rest. The next relatively decent Jets offensive drive they reactivate like when you add water to those freeze-dried mail-order sea monkeys.

Well...  I got neg repped by a homer yesterday stating the obvious that Woody is a jag-off and this team is a bottom 5 franchise in possible all sports. In 50 years we have been relevant what ..  5-7 times?   A 9 or 10 win season, one and done is not relevant in my opinion nor is it in the opinion of well run teams. NO team with success would be happy at 9 wins and out in the playoffs first round.  The Pennington years were a waste in my view. Warm milk and toast ....  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, JiF said:

You think we finished better than 4 other teams?  

We still play the Dolphins twice, and the Redskins and Bengals.  We're coming out of that stretch with at least 2 wins, but I'd guess 3.

Then Denver and Arizona are still out there.

I think 5th, maybe 4th, is where we end up.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We still play the Dolphins twice, and the Redskins and Bengals.  We're coming out of that stretch with at least 2 wins, but I'd guess 3.

Agree. We have a very soft middle of the schedule when Darnold will be back. This feels like a 4-12 season to me.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree. We have a very soft middle of the schedule when Darnold will be back. This feels like a 4-12 season to me.

Darnold's still an *if* more than a when at this point for me.  We'll see.  That said, should be some good WR talent, and unless you have an elite edge rusher, I'm all-in on offense this year.

• Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We'll split with Miami.  I dont see us beating Washington on the road coming off their bye week.  At the Bengals could be a win.  They're terrible but that's about it.  So 3-13 maybe 4-12. 

I think EY's probably right, Broncos, Miami and Zona could be 1-3 win teams but so could the Jets. 

So yeah, I guess we're probably picking 3-5 depending on a the tie breakers.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

We'll split with Miami.  I dont see us beating Washington on the road coming off their bye week.  At the Bengals could be a win.  They're terrible but that's about it.  So 3-13 maybe 4-12. 

I think EY's probably right, Broncos, Miami and Zona could be 1-3 win teams but so could the Jets. 

So yeah, I guess we're probably picking 3-5 depending on a the tie breakers.

I think our two games with Miami will decide the eventual #1 pick for one of the 4 teams highlighted above.

6 hours ago, Hael said:

We are as bad as the dolphins right now

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Darnold's still an *if* more than a when at this point for me.  We'll see.  That said, should be some good WR talent, and unless you have an elite edge rusher, I'm all-in on offense this year.

If we're picking top 5 my goal would be Andrew Thomas round one and Tyler Biadasz round two. Then go out and break the bank on the best guard available. We definitely need better WRs but with a good o-line I think a lot of guys who aren't great start looking solid. No more Kelvin Beachum.

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the most Jets thing to happen this year is yet to come 

wait until Adam Gase loses to Miami 

that will be peak 2019 Jets 

Could you just see the irony, though?  The Dolphins fire Gase, and he gets the Jets the #1 pick even though the Dolphins are openly trying to lose.That would be the ultimate payback for the Mud Bowl.?

9 hours ago, Hael said:

If Sam is not playing, how can we possibly beat the Dolphins if we can't score a single touchdown and field goals are not much easier for our offense at this point.