johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

On 9/18/2019 at 12:35 PM, johnnysd said:

We have laid a smelly turd in the first two games. Mono and lack of Darnold has led to some serious conservatism on offense, the OL is awful, and the defense is not great.

However, the defense showed improvement last week, Darnold will be back for Philadelphia and the defense will continue to get better.

I also believe that a healthy Darnold will show why he is a future Top 5 QB coming back

We will probably lose to NE this Sunday, but I expect there to be signs of improvement.

Philadelphia, Dallas and NE are a tough stretch. But I am not really that impressed with Dallas. 

Say we start 1-5.

Oh no, season over....but is it?

I realize that every team right now is penciling in the Jets game as a win for them, but the Jets did show some improvement Monday, and the Buffalo game was "won" before out epic fail.

I still believe we will be more like the TD machine we saw in preseason than our performances in first two games.

But here's the thing: After these 6 games our schedule is EPIC in its easiness We play likely only 1 team that will be in the playoffs, Baltimore and they are not as good as they look and might be on QB#3 by the time we play them.

I actually think we can start as good as 3-3 but even if we start 1-5, I think this team builds momentum wins 9 of last 10 and makes the playofffs.

Usually I would think the season is over but don't feel that way this time.

Its Over. The O-line blows chunks. We are going to get Darnold and his replacements killed. 1-15 as we split with Miami. Kotite 2.0

2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Your team will be running for the bus in week 17  like ya claim ya did last year vs the PATS. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hey Troll: Haven't won a fckin playoff game since 1995. I was 13. Lost 4 Superbowls too!! Never won 1! Oh but the Jets have a Superbowl Trophy. Fck off.

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So you have the jets beating the dallas cowboys next week?

I take it your not very good at gambling?

great at gambling ... I say that the jets can win with the pieces they get back... but if darnold and Mosley are back I would bet huge on the Jets plus the points ... I would even consider them ML.... 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Hey Troll: Haven't won a fckin playoff game since 1995. I was 13. Lost 4 Superbowls too!! Never won 1! Oh but the Jets have a Superbowl Trophy. Fck off.

The troll is now laughing his ass off that you got that upset over his post.  Good job!!

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The troll is now laughing his ass off that you got that upset over his post.  Good job!!

You fckoff too.

My friend just sent me a text, "The Cowboys have TWO bye weeks coming up."  At least the mother ****er is creative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Now im laughing at you.  Hahahahaha.

You suck more than the Jets did today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atj21 said:

Where's your team on here?

CDF12B76-E599-4D33-A94B-72ED25A533E9.jpeg

Exactly 2 games out of the playoffs with 12 to play and the easiest schedule in the AFC in that span.

Thanks for asking.  I feel even better now.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly 2 games out of the playoffs with 12 to play and the easiest schedule in the AFC in that span.

SAR I

Im no math major but arent we three games out of the playoffs?

35 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

What are you smoking? Serious question. 

I don't look at the October Jets.  They don't count.  They don't have a quarterback.

I look at the August Jets.  They looked very good.  They have a franchise quarterback.  They signed some good free agents at impact positions.  They hired an experienced head coach and an animal defensive coordinator. 

The question isn't what am I smoking.  The question is why are you so gullible.  Stop listening to the press, stop reading stats, stop judging our HC and our O when we have a bus boy at quarterback.  When Darnold returns, the same team many of us were excited about will appear and we will start to win a lot of games. 

SAR I

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

My friend just sent me a text, "The Cowboys have TWO bye weeks coming up."  At least the mother ****er is creative.

Cowboys need to be careful, Smith is out and Collins hurt his knee, their OL is crumbling.

If they were playing any other team than the Jets I'd think they'd lose next Sunday

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im no math major but arent we three games out of the playoffs?

We had a bye, other teams didn't.  If we were 3-1 instead of 0-4 we would be the #6 seed.  We have a game in-hand over the other wildcard competitors, so that makes it 2.  Then put the Bills game that we actually had won and we're really only 1 game out.

SAR I

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

We had a bye, other teams didn't.  If we were 3-1 instead of 0-4 we would be the #6 seed.  We have a game in-hand over the other wildcard competitors.

SAR I

That makes no sense.  Right now u need 3 wins to be in a playoff spot.  We have zero.  Ur logic assumes we would have won when we had a bye and these other teams would have lost.

I guess you can say we are 2 1/2 games out.  Which in essence is 3 cause u have to win 3 games.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't look at the October Jets.  They don't count.  They don't have a quarterback.

I look at the August Jets.  They looked very good.  They have a franchise quarterback.  They signed some good free agents at impact positions.  They hired an experienced head coach and an animal defensive coordinator. 

The question isn't what am I smoking.  The question is why are you so gullible.  Stop listening to the press, stop reading stats, stop judging our HC and our O when we have a bus boy at quarterback.  When Darnold returns, the same team many of us were excited about will appear and we will start to win a lot of games. 

SAR I

You are the one who is gullible. The August Jets were mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to make the team playing against other scrubs. The starting Oline didn't play 1 down in the pre-season so we had no idea how awful they actually were. They are the worst Oline in football by a wide margin and that is not going to change. This team is going to be 0-6 in 2 weeks. This team is going nowhere. I say.....

tank.jpg

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You are the one who is gullible. The August Jets were mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to make the team playing against other scrubs. The starting Oline didn't play 1 down in the pre-season so we had no idea how awful they actually were. They are the worst Oline in football by a wide margin and that is not going to change. This team is going to be 0-6 in 2 weeks. This team is going nowhere. I say.....

tank.jpg

We wont win in jax either.  We will be 0-7 and our 1st win will be against the dolphins.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We wont win in jax either.  We will be 0-7 and our 1st win will be against the dolphins.

But then we will go on this incredible run because the schedule is so easy I'm being told. 🤣

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

But then we will go on this incredible run because the schedule is so easy I'm being told. 🤣

We r a 4 or 5 win team.  The Delusional Homer Club havent taken off their green colored glasses yet.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

2002-nyj.jpg

Let me introduce you to the AFC Eastern Division Champion 2002 New York Jets.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

fish.jpg

Let me introduce you to the 10-6 Miami Dolphins of 2017.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We signed a coach whos claim to fame is Peyton Mannings "OC". Why doesnt McDaniels take a HC Job because when he did he flamed out just like Gase. As for greg williams cancerous guy like todd haley medicore coach on the Defensive side. We messed up in the offseason big game hunting doesnt work in the nfl you fill needs oline and cornerbacks were our needs and we fcked it all up. This is how a franchise can set it self back for years 

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

coltds.jpg

Let me introduce you to the 10-6 Indianapolis Colts of 2018.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

2002-nyj.jpg

SAR I

But that team had a real qb.  We have a guy who needs 3 more years to “develop”.

• Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

coltds.jpg

Let me introduce you to the 10-6 Indianapolis Colts of 2018.

SAR I

That team a had a real qb as well.

fish.jpg

Let me introduce you to the 10-6 Miami Dolphins of 2017.

SAR I

We are gonna be 0-6 none of these teams are 0-6 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Damn you mad bro. Calm down. We all know the Jets have not be relavant since 2000. Lost 4 Superbowl but won 4 AFC championship and still considered on of the best teams of the 90's. What decade did the Jets ever dominate.

Foolish Jet bums though they were going somewhere this year. WORST TEAM in the league. YES worst than the Dolphins cause at least the Dolphins are trying to tank. Jets got more holes than a drive by shooting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

But that team had a real qb.  We have a guy who needs 3 more years to “develop”.

At the time Chad Pennington was rushed into service, he had shown nothing, this was still Testaverde's team.  Darnold is in his second full season.  He's very young, but he's got ability, certainly more ability than Pennington ever had and he turned 1-4 into a division title.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

Just now, Jetsbaby93 said:

Correct.  And we are still developing and evaluating the qb.  Luck was an established superstar and chad came in and took the league by storm.

Darnold has 243 excuses following him around.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsbaby93 said:

Says who? 

The Jets haven't lost to the Dallas Cowboys in 12 years.  We've seen lesser Jets teams upset an overconfident team in their own division many times.  Those games aren't automatic losses with Darnold and Mosley back where they belong.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Jets got more holes than a drive by shooting

You would know considering the living conditions in Buffalo.

SAR I

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2002-nyj.jpg

SAR I

They have the same odds of making the playoffs this year as I do of winning the lotto. Probably less.  They are 0-4 and will almost certainly be 0-6 in 2 weeks. How many teams have made playoffs with that record? Let me answer that for you. ZERO. 

At the time Chad Pennington was rushed into service, he had shown nothing, this was still Testaverde's team.  Darnold is in his second full season.  He's very young, but he's got ability, certainly more ability than Pennington ever had and he turned 1-4 into a division title.

SAR I

So when sam darnold returns next week, you are saying he is on the same level as 2002 chad pennington and 7 year vet andrew luck.

Cause that is what he will need to be to pull off what u r saying.

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Easiest schedule?  Bills opponents going forward outside of the Pats are a combined 8-36.  6 out of their remaining 11 games combine for 1-28.

And they're already 4-1.

• Downvote 1