johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dont twist my words around.  Thinking a qb can have a big week cause he is facing an awful secondary is much different then having him turn into andrew luck or 2002 chad pennington and being a top qb in the league.

2002 Chad Pennington wasn't so great and 2018 Andrew Luck was less than a year from retirement.  Neither did anything that Sam Darnold can't do if he's perfectly healthy.  Which happens shortly.

BIlls
Browns
at Patriots
at Eagles

Most prognosticators, even those who had the Jets making the playoffs, had the Jets at 1-3 at best during that early stretch of the schedule.  So WTF is everyone crying about?  We are 1 measly game off that pace oh, and with a third string quarterback replacing the one who has been diseased for a month.

Stop yer whining.  The Jets are a game off the predicted pace, Darnold is coming back, we have a D, we have ST's, Bell looks strong, we're getting Mosley back, we're getting Herndon back.  A week from today we might all be very happy.  The schedule gets soft for two months thereafter.  This season isn't over.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2002 Chad Pennington wasn't so great and 2018 Andrew Luck was less than a year from retirement.  Neither did anything that Sam Darnold can't do if he's perfectly healthy.  Which happens shortly.

BIlls
Browns
at Patriots
at Eagles

Most prognosticators, even those who had the Jets making the playoffs, had the Jets at 1-3 at best during that early stretch of the schedule.  So WTF is everyone crying about?  We are 1 measly game off that pace oh, and with a third string quarterback replacing the one who has been diseased for a month.

Stop yer whining.  The Jets are a game off the predicted pace, Darnold is coming back, we have a D, we have ST's, Bell looks strong, we're getting Mosley back, we're getting Herndon back.  A week from today we might all be very happy.  The schedule gets soft for two months thereafter.  This season isn't over.

SAR I

The weekly mind of Dr. SARbot...

Week 5 vs. Cowboys:  The only reason the Jets lost today was because of the mentally deranged Jets fans who sold their tickets to Cowboys fans!  43.7987% of the stadium were Cowboys fans!  I know because I counted!  The team was ready!  The players were ready!  The coaches were ready!  Mr. Johnson was ready!  And the stupid fans killed us!  If only every fan were like me!  We would have won games this year.  Or one even!  Final Score:  Cowboys 42  Jets 2

Week 6 vs. NE: The announcers and Fireman Ed lost the game for us!  Only 7.647% of the fans joined them.  I know because I counted!  They threw off the entire team!  If only everyone were like me!  However, we have clearly turned the corner!  We cut our sacks allowed by 20%!  (We only gave up 8).  The streak starts now!  If you can't see this it's because you weren't hugged enough as a child!  You clearly have mental issues and enjoy being miserable!  We're 0-6, only 1/2 game behind where I expected to be!  Final Score:  NE 55 Jets 2

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Serious answer:

What I thought about these two teams in August I still believe in October.  That the Jets are a playoff team and that the Bills are improved but not as good as the Jets.  And I see that view derailed by a ridiculous act of God that cost us our starting quarterback until Game 5.

So the Jets fan shouldn't be pessimistic because we just faced a very tough schedule and are soon getting Sam back and the Bills fan shouldn't be optimistic because they just faced a cake schedule and they have a flawed quarterback.

Do yourself a favor and disregard everything you have seen offensively from this team against the Browns, Patriots, and Eagles.  Because that's not the real Jets.  That's a team down to its emergency quarterback who shouldn't be playing in the NFL.  Our defense is playoff caliber, our special teams are playoff caliber, we just need our quarterback back.

SAR I

Thank you for the serious, well-thought out response.

Still think you're wrong about both teams, but hey that's why they play the games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Serious answer:

What I thought about these two teams in August I still believe in October.  That the Jets are a playoff team and that the Bills are improved but not as good as the Jets.  And I see that view derailed by a ridiculous act of God that cost us our starting quarterback until Game 5.

So the Jets fan shouldn't be pessimistic because we just faced a very tough schedule and are soon getting Sam back and the Bills fan shouldn't be optimistic because they just faced a cake schedule and they have a flawed quarterback.

Do yourself a favor and disregard everything you have seen offensively from this team against the Browns, Patriots, and Eagles.  Because that's not the real Jets.  That's a team down to its emergency quarterback who shouldn't be playing in the NFL.  Our defense is playoff caliber, our special teams are playoff caliber, we just need our quarterback back.

SAR I

You go off scoring machine in the preseason where the only ones really playing are late rd picked udfas and camp bodies. Our defense is only playoff caliber if darnold plays like a mahomes shootouts to win games. Coming off mono fatigue loss of weight my guy take the homer glasses off and really look at the situation i will root for the team but you gotta be realistic 

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

The weekly mind of Dr. SARbot...

Week 5 vs. Cowboys:  The only reason the Jets lost today was because of the mentally deranged Jets fans who sold their tickets to Cowboys fans!  43.7987% of the stadium were Cowboys fans!  I know because I counted!  The team was ready!  The players were ready!  The coaches were ready!  Mr. Johnson was ready!  And the stupid fans killed us!  If only every fan were like me!  We would have won games this year.  Or one even!  Final Score:  Cowboys 42  Jets 2

Week 6 vs. NE: The announcers and Fireman Ed lost the game for us!  Only 7.647% of the fans joined them.  I know because I counted!  They threw off the entire team!  If only everyone were like me!  However, we have clearly turned the corner!  We cut our sacks allowed by 20%!  (We only gave up 8).  The streak starts now!  If you can't see this it's because you weren't hugged enough as a child!  You clearly have mental issues and enjoy being miserable!  We're 0-6, only 1/2 game behind where I expected to be!  Final Score:  NE 55 Jets 2

I really do think you need a hiatus from Jets fandom.  You're losing it, lady.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

SAR you still havent answered the question.

Are the jets beating an angry, talented cowboys team coming off two straight losses or NE in foxboro?

Put ur name on it.

Im assuming u r smart enough to know we have no shot in NE so ur are saying we are beating dallas on sunday.

• Like 1

We've dropped to a 3.1% chance of making the playoffs.  Still ahead of WAS, CIN, AZ, and MIA.  Considering we have 4 games against these teams left, chances are we're also not looking at a top 3 pick after this season.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We've dropped to a 3.1% chance of making the playoffs.  Still ahead of WAS, CIN, AZ, and MIA.  Considering we have 4 games against these teams left, chances are we're also not looking at a top 3 pick after this season.

Purgatory.  Again.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Purgatory.  Again.  

I mean, I think it still can give us a shot at the top LT or WR, which is ultimately what we want here.  But, it certainly doesn't allow us to trade down and accumulate assets, which is what we'd really need.  Team is too far away for one player, but we'd still be better off if that player wasn't at a low impact defensive position.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I really do think you need a hiatus from Jets fandom.  You're losing it, lady.

SAR I

Relocation packages!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

SAR you still havent answered the question.

Are the jets beating an angry, talented cowboys team coming off two straight losses or NE in foxboro?

Put ur name on it.

Im assuming u r smart enough to know we have no shot in NE so ur are saying we are beating dallas on sunday.

We play New England at home. 

If you can't remember that we lost in Foxboro two weeks ago, why bother posting?

SAR I

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

87% of NFL playoff brackets since 2004 feature a team that opened the year 0-3, 1-3, 1-4, or 1-5.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Come on @SAR I  we are friends but it might be time. 

Yes, my friend, it is time.  But it is time to consider the positives not the negatives.

Every year there is a wildcard team disguised as a joke the first 5 weeks of the season.  This year, it's us.  If Sam Darnold never got sick, we'd have beaten the Bills, Browns, and Eagles.  So you may see an 0-4 record, but we are a 3-1 team.  All wildcard teams lose 6 or 7 games a year and it feels like crap when they happen.  Ours just came very early.  Because mono.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

87% of NFL playoff brackets since 2004 feature a team that opened the year 0-3, 1-3, 1-4, or 1-5.

SAR I

You are going to look really foolish when this season ends and the Jets finish with a .250 winning %. Carry on though. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You are going to look really foolish when this season ends and the Jets finish with a .250 winning %. Carry on though. 

The difference between you and me is that this isn't some popularity contest for me, I'm not keeping score, there is no right or wrong.  JN isn't Draft Kings, there is no gambling here.  Just a bunch of dudes with opinions.

We are all voicing our opinions at a fixed moment in time.  You don't have to agree with me. 

SAR I

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you can't remember that we lost in Foxboro two weeks ago, why bother posting?

SAR I

Way to avoid answering the question.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Way to avoid andwering the question.

You're the one who promised we would annihilate the Eagles and their porous defense and you're the one who can't remember a game played in New England two weeks ago and you're asking me questions?

I'm thinking its time for your nap now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You're the one who promised we would annihilate the Eagles and their porous defense and you're the one who can't remember a game played in New England two weeks ago and you're asking me questions?

I'm thinking its time for your nap now.

SAR I

Way to avoid answering the question.

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, my friend, it is time.  But it is time to consider the positives not the negatives.

Every year there is a wildcard team disguised as a joke the first 5 weeks of the season.  This year, it's us.  If Sam Darnold never got sick, we'd have beaten the Bills, Browns, and Eagles.  So you may see an 0-4 record, but we are a 3-1 team.  All wildcard teams lose 6 or 7 games a year and it feels like crap when they happen.  Ours just came very early.  Because mono.

SAR I

You probably believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. I’ve seen plenty of homers in my time but you have crossed the line. You literally make stuff up. You can believe what you want but remember it doesn’t make you right.

There is no game that Sam didn’t play in that you would have won. Your team has too many holes not to mention the Bills play basically the same schedule as the Jets but is better equipped to beat the teams that Jets have or will lose to. For example with Darnold or not the Jets is not beating the Titans, where as the Jets already lost to the Browns and Eagles and the Bills have a great chance on beating one or both of those teams

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

well at least you've given up on the "WE BEAT THE BILLS" nonsense.

Glad you're showing some growth here, SAR.

EDIT: Then I went back and re-read what you posted and said "we are a 3-1 team". Just kidding!

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

You probably believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. I’ve seen plenty of homers in my time but you have crossed the line. You literally make stuff up. You can believe what you want but remember it doesn’t make you right.

There is no game that Sam didn’t play in that you would have won. Your team has too many holes not to mention the Bills play basically the same schedule as the Jets but is better equipped to beat the teams that Jets have or will lose to. For example with Darnold or not the Jets is not beating the Titans, where as the Jets already lost to the Browns and Eagles and the Bills have a great chance on beating one or both of those teams

no no no no no... didn't you see? the Jets actually beat the Bills in SAR's fantasyland!

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The difference between you and me is that this isn't some popularity contest for me, I'm not keeping score, there is no right or wrong.  JN isn't Draft Kings, there is no gambling here.  Just a bunch of dudes with opinions.

We are all voicing our opinions at a fixed moment in time.  You don't have to agree with me. 

SAR I

The difference is you're being crazy we are going to be 0-6 and will not beat Baltimore with this offensive line the titans will be a tough game. We gotta go up to buffalo and that defense is a top 2 defense maybe even the best in the league. Take the glasses off you need to see the real picture we have way to many holes on this team and darnold is not manning not brady not rodgers not mahomes. Which are qbs that can cover up this many problems that the jets have on this roster 

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Dude you are a clown if you truly believe this stuff. You can't forecast a definitive win whether someone plays or not. You aren't Sam, you don't know how sick he was while playing the Bills because if it was that bad he wouldn't have been in there. The Jets couldn't do anything offensively and couldn't stop our "flawed" QB when the game was on the line. To me and everyone else in the universe that's a win for the Bills. The rest of your games have been blow outs.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

There are a few things I know:

1.  The Jets beat the Bills in September.

2.  The Jets are getting Sam Darnold back.

3.  The Bills are going to lose Josh Allen.

4.  The Jets knock the Bills out of the playoffs Week 17.

You can write that down.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

well at least you've given up on the "WE BEAT THE BILLS" nonsense.
Glad you're showing some growth here, SAR.

EDIT: Then I went back and re-read what you posted and said "we are a 3-1 team". Just kidding!

The Jets beat the Bills.  The standings don't reflect it of course, but the Jets are the better team.

SAR I

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

The difference is you're being crazy we are going to be 0-6 and will not beat Baltimore with this offensive line the titans will be a tough game. We gotta go up to buffalo and that defense is a top 2 defense maybe even the best in the league. Take the glasses off you need to see the real picture we have way to many holes on this team and darnold is not manning not brady not rodgers not mahomes. Which are qbs that can cover up this many problems that the jets have on this roster 

Or.....Sam Darnold is a special player who will elevate the play of his WR's, get rid of the ball quickly to fix his OL, and as a result open up the ground game for Le'Veon Bell.

The Jets were a playoff team coming out of the preseason and they are still a playoff team now.  We just hit our bump in the road early where other wildcard teams hit that bump late.  People seem to forget that 9-7 teams lose 7 times.  Many experts had the Jets eking out a wildcard this year.  Those same experts had the Jets opening poorly due to a tough schedule, had us at 1-3.  We're 1 game off that pace and our QB is coming back along with a lot of offensive and defensive parts too.  The season is just beginning.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Atj21 said:

Dude you are a clown if you truly believe this stuff. You can't forecast a definitive win whether someone plays or not. You aren't Sam, you don't know how sick he was while playing the Bills because if it was that bad he wouldn't have been in there. The Jets couldn't do anything offensively and couldn't stop our "flawed" QB when the game was on the line. To me and everyone else in the universe that's a win for the Bills. The rest of your games have been blow outs.  

You will not call me "dude".

SAR I

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Answer the question SAR I Dude. Who will this team beat in your opinion? Dallas or NE? You have so much confidence that our worst days are behind us surely you're not AFRAID to make a prediction are you?

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or.....Sam Darnold is a special player who will elevate the play of his WR's, get rid of the ball quickly to fix his OL, and as a result open up the ground game for Le'Veon Bell.

The Jets were a playoff team coming out of the preseason and they are still a playoff team now.  We just hit our bump in the road early where other wildcard teams hit that bump late.  People seem to forget that 9-7 teams lose 7 times.  Many experts had the Jets eking out a wildcard this year.  Those same experts had the Jets opening poorly due to a tough schedule, had us at 1-3.  We're 1 game off that pace and our QB is coming back along with a lot of offensive and defensive parts too.  The season is just beginning.

SAR I

Rebuttal coming experts predict during the offseason and preseason which really means nothing except to late round picks and ufdas and camp bodies. Yes we are paper warriors you look at our roster and see 9-7. till the product goes on the field sam darnold might help the oline didnt help it week one. did he have mono that day maybe or maybe not we will never truly know the only other qb to play with mono could not finish a quarter of football. But we have no pass rush no secondary no lbs behind mosley safties that are on and off a unproven kicker and terrible head coach that looks messed up on the sidelines please tell me how we rattle off these wins you speak off?

41 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Answer the question SAR I Dude. Who will this team beat in your opinion? Dallas or NE? You have so much confidence that our worst days are behind us surely you're not AFRAID to make a prediction are you?

Both.

And Adam Gase gets lauded around the NFL for his handling of Sam Darnold, giving him all the reps in an Eagles week he knew the team would lose so that he was full-go for the Cowboys and Patriots.

SAR I

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

JN isn't Draft Kings, there is no gambling here

erm, i try to put my $$ where my piehole is at every opp. 

not cos i am a big time gambler, i aint.

only cos i often enjoy seeing arshlochs stfu.

or either giving them my $$ when i am wrong, or them giving me theirs...    in good fun...  not like i am laying Ks every week...  usually $100 bets on season long outcomes...  less than ten bucks a week...  or one less than one whiskey at a bar....

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Both.

And Adam Gase gets lauded around the NFL for his handling of Sam Darnold, giving him all the reps in an Eagles week he knew the team would lose so that he was full-go for the Cowboys and Patriots.

SAR I

Dude......

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This message brought to you from the imagination of Dr. SARnot!

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude......

LOL, it's the other guy.  You can call me what you want.

SAR I