We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

The difference between you and me is that this isn't some popularity contest for me, I'm not keeping score, there is no right or wrong.  JN isn't Draft Kings, there is no gambling here.  Just a bunch of dudes with opinions.

We are all voicing our opinions at a fixed moment in time.  You don't have to agree with me. 

SAR I

The difference between you and me is that I live on planet earth when it comes to expectations about the 2019 Jets. You, not so much. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

9-7 still isn’t cutting it this year, and the Jets still aren’t going 9-7.

It's a long season and it's very early.  Let's just see what happens when Sam Darnold and CJ Mosley return.  You may be right.  But let's just watch this team play some games with the full roster as intended back in August before reaching a conclusion.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The difference between you and me is that I live on planet earth when it comes to expectations about the 2019 Jets. You, not so much. 

Next time, ask your dad for a snappier comeback.  This third-string material doesn't fly here with the JN first string.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

No all we know is you guys are delusional. Jets after week 5 already thinking about 2020 draft lol......

WYSBWJDFGJBKRDEZ5UT2JDRD4I.jpg

Just a matter of time until this happens again.  See, when you have a QB that's a turnover machine and thinks he's Barry Sanders, bad things happen.  RGIV isn't going to last.  Pity.  I liked your uniforms and everything.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just a matter of time until this happens again.  See, when you have a QB that's a turnover machine and thinks he's Barry Sanders, bad things happen.  RGIV isn't going to last.  Pity.  I liked your uniforms and everything.

SAR I

Yep and got another win this week. Learning and winning feels great over here. Lets hope Darnold can get his 1st this week to bring total to 5 in 17 games played.

Jets cant even put Darnold in the best position to succeed. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

18 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Yep and got another win this week. Learning and winning feels great over here. Lets hope Darnold can get his 1st this week to bring total to 5 in 17 games played.

Real Stats... Just saying

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

my financial portfolio

A double wide, some disney stocks your grandmother gave you for your eight birthday, an autographed Dave Andreychuk jersey, and a punch card with 8 of 10 slots completed towards a free Mighty Taco?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Vince Young was 17-11 after his first 2 seasons and he's the same player as Josh Allen.  That should be encouraging for your pending wild card loss.  Who knows, maybe you score more than 3 points this time!  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TeddEY said:

9-7 still isn’t cutting it this year, and the Jets still aren’t going 9-7.

Actually that statement is wrong. One of the hidden trends that is keeping hope alive for the Jets is that the NFC is completely dominating the AFC this year, 16-8. If that trend continues you could very very well see even an 8-8 team emerge from the AFC. As an example the AFC North is playing the NFC West. Arizona is not a complete pushover, and based on last night the Rams, 49ers and Seahawks are all better than all of the teams in the AFC, plus they play each other 2 times each. 8-8 could easily win that division. Same with the AFC West. They are playing the NFC North. KC is the best team, but you could argue GB, Chicago Detroit are all better than the 3 other teams and Minny is no slouch. KC wins the division but good chance none of the others even have a winning record. So yeah your statement is completely false. Now on the flip side it might be 11-6 is needed in the NFC

• Post of the Week 1

By the way, I STILL feel the Jets have a very good chance of making the playoffs. See the post above, if the inter-conference trends continue 8-8 might very well make the playoffs this year.  Shoot me if you want, but I still feel optimistic with Darnold coming back along with Herndon. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Actually that statement is wrong. One of the hidden trends that is keeping hope alive for the Jets is that the NFC is completely dominating the AFC this year, 16-8. If that trend continues you could very very well see even an 8-8 team emerge from the AFC. As an example the AFC North is playing the NFC West. Arizona is not a complete pushover, and based on last night the Rams, 49ers and Seahawks are all better than all of the teams in the AFC, plus they play each other 2 times each. 8-8 could easily win that division. Same with the AFC West. They are playing the NFC North. KC is the best team, but you could argue GB, Chicago Detroit are all better than the 3 other teams and Minny is no slouch. KC wins the division but good chance none of the others even have a winning record. So yeah your statement is completely false. Now on the flip side it might be 11-6 is needed in the NFC

The statement won't be wrong until the season is over and a 9-7 team is in the playoffs, but cool story bro.

1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

Spend your time in Buffalo forums worrying about RGIV.  The Jets aren't a concern of yours.

(Yet.)

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Vince Young was 17-11 after his first 2 seasons and he's the same player as Josh Allen.  That should be encouraging for your pending wild card loss.  Who knows, maybe you score more than 3 points this time!  

The Jets are eliminating the Bills from wildcard contention Week 17.  It either puts us in or the Browns, but it's not going to be the Bills.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

By the way, I STILL feel the Jets have a very good chance of making the playoffs. See the post above, if the inter-conference trends continue 8-8 might very well make the playoffs this year.  Shoot me if you want, but I still feel optimistic with Darnold coming back along with Herndon. 

Not going to shoot you.  I'm going to ask which 8-9 games you see us winning going forward, knowing what we know so far.

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Cowboys, Jags, Miami (2), Bills, Cincy, Wash, Giants, Raiders.

Lose to Ravens, Steelers and NE

So we'll beat the 4-1 Bills in Buffalo in late December with our Sunshine Kid at QB (when was the last Jets win in Buffalo in December.....)

But we won't beat the 1-4, #4 QB Play'in Steelers at Home?

You know what's funny, was listening to local radio this morning lamenting the sorry state of the Redskins, and they were doing a similar schedule look-over and not finding much.

Till they got to the Jets, where they all laughed, said how horrible they were, and penciled that is as one easy win amongst what looks like almost all losses going forward for the Redskins.

Funny how other cities see us vs. how we see us.  Every team on that "win" list, apart from Miami, sees the Jets as an easy win.  Every one of them.  And you all have us beating 9 of 12 of them.  Lol.

Course, this is the same forum who was sh*ttalking to the extreme before the first Bills game too.....

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So we'll beat the 4-1 Bills in Buffalo in late December with our Sunshine Kid at QB (when was the last Jets win in Buffalo in December.....)

But we won't beat the 1-4, #4 QB Play'in Steelers at Home?

You know what's funny, was listening to local radio this morning lamenting the sorry state of the Redskins, and they were doing a similar schedule look-over and not finding much.

Till they got to the Jets, where they all laughed, said how horrible they were, and penciled that is as one easy win amongst what looks like almost all losses going forward for the Redskins.

Funny how other cities see us vs. how we see us.  Every team on that "win" list, apart from Miami, sees the Jets as an easy win.  Every one of them.  And you all have us beating 9 of 12 of them.  Lol.

Course, this is the same forum who was sh*ttalking to the extreme before the first Bills game too.....

Ok... I get it... What have they shown... Nothing.. You asked who and I gave you who I thought. Steelers are going to be tough in their building. Maybe its the Bills they lose to in game 17 but the Jets had that game won in game 1 with a decent kicker or a healthy Sam. Sam missed multiple deep throws by under-throwing RA. Based off past performances of Sam... He doesn't typically miss those deep balls. The Fatigue showed in my opinion.

The next few weeks will show a lot about this team. Who they are and which direction they are going.. I know your feeling and most of the board and NFL fans but watching Sam last year, the strides he made from game 1 to game 17 he was a very different QB. He improved a lot. Yes there are OLine issues but the Jets are literally playing some of the worst teams in the league and Sam moves so much and throws on the run so well that it will hid a lot of those issues.  Plus playing these terrible teams will mean less pass rush simply because they aren't the Pats, Bills, Browns, and Eagles D... 

I have watched and see the problems... I know the majority of fans think this is a huge failure. Let's see how the next few weeks play out before you dismiss this projection entirely.

Nobody has seen this team whole yet. So they are basing everything off of a team of back-ups that have no depth. Look, I know players will get injured and this team can win 1 or 2 games but as long as they stay relatively healthy for the rest of the year then I see 9 wins.

Wash, Cincy and Miami are in Historical bad territory... But they don't have a QB... Jets do... Its that simple. We just haven't seen him fully healthy playing this year. Those are guaranteed 4 wins. IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1