Jump to content
johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

Recommended Posts

I see you still plan on going down with the ship. They just didn't lose, they were an embarrassment. I hope you are right I'm thinking more like 6-10 or 7-9. 


7-9 would be a f**king miracle, with Gase getting NFL Coach of the Year.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


7-9 would be a f**king miracle, with Gase getting NFL Coach of the Year.

 

 

Not really. They still play dolphins twice, giants, cincy and skins. That could be 5 wins right there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Still is.  The Soft 7 are right ahead, Jets will go 6-1. 

And even if the Jets come up short, it's going to be a must-win for the Bills after losing 4 straight.  And we're knocking them out of the playoffs either way. 

SAR I

All very plausible.

Also, Bills fan on here, credit where it is due, that Pats D is just hellacious, maybe better than the ‘85 Bears, don’t get too happy, they just might end Josh Allen’s season in the game you play them.

Question...how much better does Tom Brady play than Sam Darnold tonight if you put him in his shoes?  Free rushers on him in 1/2 a second EVERY drop back, and receivers with zero separation EVERY pass play.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I see you still plan on going down with the ship. They just didn't lose, they were an embarrassment. I hope you are right I'm thinking more like 6-10 or 7-9. 

They said the same thing when the Patriots humiliated Mark Sanchez in 2010, Rex Ryan held a funeral for the game ball, remember?

They said the same thing when Wayne Chrebet and the Jets choked against the 4-12 Chicago Bears in 2002, said we’d blown any shot at a wildcard berth, remember?

Tonight isn’t the night to talk objectively about the remainder of the Jets schedule. Sunday at about 5 PM will be.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a 5-1 team with many more cream puffs on the schedule isn't going to the playoffs and a 1-5 team that just got shut out at home and their QB is seeing ghosts, and looked like Nathan Peterman are going to the playoffs??? Just making sure I got everything correct. SAR must stand for sarcasm 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Atj21 said:

So a 5-1 team with many more cream puffs on the schedule isn't going to the playoffs and a 1-5 team that just got shut out at home and their QB is seeing ghosts, and looked like Nathan Peterman are going to the playoffs??? Just making sure I got everything correct. 

The Buffalo Bills are a mirage. Your 5 victories are over teams with a combined record of 6-23. 

Worry about your schedule. Worry about RG4 and his interceptions. Worry about his inevitable injury that will cost him 3 winnable games.

Sweet dreams. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Buffalo Bills are a mirage. Your 5 victories are over teams with a combined record of 6-23. 

Worry about your schedule. Worry about RG4 and his interceptions. Worry about his inevitable injury that will cost him 3 winnable games.

Sweet dreams. 

SAR I

Zero turnovers in the last 2 games. How'd Samchize do tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They said the same thing when the Patriots humiliated Mark Sanchez in 2010, Rex Ryan held a funeral for the game ball, remember?

They said the same thing when Wayne Chrebet and the Jets choked against the 4-12 Chicago Bears in 2002, said we’d blown any shot at a wildcard berth, remember?

Tonight isn’t the night to talk objectively about the remainder of the Jets schedule. Sunday at about 5 PM will be.

SAR I

Also, Gase is a terrible head coach exemplified by tonight's clueless performance. He stinks. We are not winning 9 games. Period. It's not going to be any different Sunday at 5 even if they win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game changes nothing. The prediction Jets would make the playoffs was incorrect before the season started. The only disappointment this year was Sam losing games due to illness. This year is all about figuring out whether he is The Man. Nothing else has ever mattered.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Atj21 said:

Zero turnovers in the last 2 games. How'd Samchize do tonight?

RG4 played Tennessee and Miami. 

Sam played Dallas and New England. 

Any other bad datapoints you’d like to share with the class?

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Atj21 said:

Zero picks in the last 2 games. How'd Samchize do tonight?

Your guy just doesn’t have the accuracy to ever lead you to the promised land..trust me.  And deep inside you know it’s true.

He has one of the strongest arms in the league, I’ll give him that, and he’ll hit a bomb here and there and make you excited but over the long run...forget it.  Not to mention the way he tries to run the ball will most likely get him hurt.

Just 1 week ago the whole world was on the Darnold bandwagon.  Right?  So what happened? Bill Belichick happened (20-0 last 20 games against 1st and 2nd year QBs).  Was named “AFC Player of the Week” (I’m sure most already forgot that after tonight).  He is 1 of only 4 QBs in pro history to put up QB Ratings with an entire slew of metrics as high as he has in 3 of his first 16 games.

For all your glee, I guarantee you that Josh Allen would not have put up a single point tonight playing behind that Jet OL with free rushers on top of him a millisecond after getting the snap and with his receivers getting zero separation.  Joe Montana might have put up 7 points tonight, most likely only 3.

Sam Darnold will be just fine as long as he is not ruined by the Jet organization.  His talent is still sky high.  Trying to compare him to Mark Sanchez is beyond stupid.  Sanchez couldn’t hit just 1 of some of the throws I’ve seen Darnold make, even if he had a million years to try.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Buffalo Bills are a mirage. Your 5 victories are over teams with a combined record of 6-23. 

Worry about your schedule. Worry about RG4 and his interceptions. Worry about his inevitable injury that will cost him 3 winnable games.

Sweet dreams. 

SAR I

Slow down bud about the interceptions bruh.
 

Sam Darnold 3 games 5 interceptions 1.67 per game

Josh Allen 6 games 7 interceptions 1.17 per game

Dont throw stones living in a glass house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Slow down bud about the interceptions bruh.
 

Sam Darnold 3 games 5 interceptions 1.67 per game

Josh Allen 6 games 7 interceptions 1.17 per game

Dont throw stones living in a glass house.

7 interceptions against teams with a combined record of 6-23 and you're bragging?

LOL.

You've played exactly 1 playoff caliber team this entire season and they beat you soundly.  The Jets have played 4 games against playoff caliber teams and despite mononucleosis and its circumstances we beat 1 of them.  The pussy part of your schedule is over, bruh.  It gets real now.  Enjoy the gauntlet with RG4 and the games he only barely eked out to get 5 wins against 6-23 competition.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Your guy just doesn’t have the accuracy to ever lead you to the promised land..trust me.  And deep inside you know it’s true.

He has one of the strongest arms in the league, I’ll give him that, and he’ll hit a bomb here and there and make you excited but over the long run...forget it.  Not to mention the way he tries to run the ball will most likely get him hurt.

Just 1 week ago the whole world was on the Darnold bandwagon.  Right?  So what happened? Bill Belichick happened (20-0 last 20 games against 1st and 2nd year QBs).  Was named “AFC Player of the Week” (I’m sure most already forgot that after tonight).  He is 1 of only 4 QBs in pro history to put up QB Ratings with an entire slew of metrics as high as he has in 3 of his first 16 games.

For all your glee, I guarantee you that Josh Allen would not have put up a single point tonight playing behind that Jet OL with free rushers on top of him a millisecond after getting the snap and with his receivers getting zero separation.  Joe Montana might have put up 7 points tonight, most likely only 3.

Sam Darnold will be just fine as long as he is not ruined by the Jet organization.  His talent is still sky high.  Trying to compare him to Mark Sanchez is beyond stupid.  Sanchez couldn’t hit just 1 of some of the throws I’ve seen Darnold make, even if he had a million years to try.

I guess you already forgot Josh Allen has also won AFC offensive player of the week before. We played the same team( Pats) your team offense in  2 games with Sam Darnold has put up 3 pts against the Pats THREE

Please don’t tell me what Josh Allen wouldn’t have done when he has already done more against the Pats in his 2 games. At least Josh has put TD’s on the board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Your guy just doesn’t have the accuracy to ever lead you to the promised land..trust me.  And deep inside you know it’s true.

He has one of the strongest arms in the league, I’ll give him that, and he’ll hit a bomb here and there and make you excited but over the long run...forget it.  Not to mention the way he tries to run the ball will most likely get him hurt.

Just 1 week ago the whole world was on the Darnold bandwagon.  Right?  So what happened? Bill Belichick happened (20-0 last 20 games against 1st and 2nd year QBs).  Was named “AFC Player of the Week” (I’m sure most already forgot that after tonight).  He is 1 of only 4 QBs in pro history to put up QB Ratings with an entire slew of metrics as high as he has in 3 of his first 16 games.

For all your glee, I guarantee you that Josh Allen would not have put up a single point tonight playing behind that Jet OL with free rushers on top of him a millisecond after getting the snap and with his receivers getting zero separation.  Joe Montana might have put up 7 points tonight, most likely only 3.

Sam Darnold will be just fine as long as he is not ruined by the Jet organization.  His talent is still sky high.  Trying to compare him to Mark Sanchez is beyond stupid.  Sanchez couldn’t hit just 1 of some of the throws I’ve seen Darnold make, even if he had a million years to try.

That's great dude but something you are forgetting. A. Josh Allen is completing 62.5 of his passes, up from 55 his rookie year so the accuracy Garbage is out the window. He's now led 7 4th qtr comebacks in his first 17 games. 11-6 record as a starter and then there's this 😂 .... You guys wish Sam had the balls Allen has

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

7 interceptions against teams with a combined record of 6-23 and you're bragging?

LOL.

You've played exactly 1 playoff caliber team this entire season and they beat you soundly.  The Jets have played 4 games against playoff caliber teams and we beat 1 of them.  The pussy part of your schedule is over, bruh.  It gets real now.  Enjoy the gauntlet with RG4 and the games he only barely eked out to get 5 wins against 6-23 competition.

SAR I

Yeah and since the Pats game when Josh has finally learned his lesson he has thrown 1 interception since. Stop giving me sh*t about the schedule. That’s just an excuse. Dallas played that that soft zone and Darnold played goods Good for him. Maybe you go back and use the Mono excuse for him for this Pats beatdown. You just make sure you beat the teams that you claim are soft that are coming up.

Bum ass Jets are going to ruin Darnold. I kinda feel bad for the Kid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Yeah and since the Pats game when Josh has finally learned his lesson he has thrown 1 interception since. Stop giving me sh*t about the schedule. That’s just an excuse. Dallas played that that soft zone and Darnold player hoods Good for him. Maybe you go back and use the Mono excuse for him. You just make sure you beat the teams that you claim are soft that are coming up.

Bum ass Jets are going to ruin Darnold. I kinda feel bad for the Kid.

 

Your season is going to boil down to this:

The Jets caught the Cowboys dinged up and Buffalo didn’t. 

The Jets won Week 17 and Buffalo didn’t. 

With your schedule and a healthy Darnold we’d be 5-1 right now too. But we’d be smart enough to keep our mouths shut and stay out of enemy forums who’s members could see the truth. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I think you Bills fans are getting way ahead of yourselves after 6 games. It's a long season. 

When is the last time the Jets were 5-1? Not to mention we could and should win the next 5 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But we’d be smart enough to keep our mouths shut and stay out of enemy forums who’s members could see the truth. 

lol no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Your season is going to boil down to this:

The Jets caught the Cowboys dinged up and Buffalo didn’t. 

The Jets won Week 17 and Buffalo didn’t. 

With your schedule and a healthy Darnold we’d be 5-1 right now too. But we’d be smart enough to keep our mouths shut and stay out of enemy forums who’s members could see the truth. 

SAR I

Whatever man. It's like talking to a child. The only reason I ever came here was because you clowns anointed Darnold well before he's done anything and dumped all over Allen any chance you can get. The reality is one of them is 5-1 (6-5) last year, 11-6 as a starter In the NFL and one is 4-11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Atj21 said:

When is the last time the Jets were 5-1? Not to mention we could and should win the next 5 games. 

What the hell does that matter when they were 5-1? When was the last time the Bills went to an AFC championship game? If the Jets were 5-1 right now I personally wouldn't be buying any playoff tickets just yet. Like I said it's a long season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

What the hell does that matter when they were 5-1? If the Jets were 5-1 right now I personally wouldn't be buying any playoff tickets just yet. Like I said it's a long season. 

Look at our schedule and tell me aren't winning 5 more games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atj21 said:

Look at our schedule and tell me aren't winning 5 more games

Wild card your D is great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atj21 said:

That's great dude but something you are forgetting. A. Josh Allen is completing 62.5 of his passes, up from 55 his rookie year so the accuracy Garbage is out the window. He's now led 7 4th qtr comebacks in his first 17 games. 11-6 record as a starter and then there's this 😂 .... You guys wish Sam had the balls Allen has

 

62% of his passes against who?  Garbage teams, that’s who, and I include the Jets as being one of those garbage teams.  His 4th Qtr  comeback opening day against the Jets should never have had to be a comeback.  Allen missed a slew of wide open throws.  Jets could easily have been down 3 TDs in 4th Qtr, instead of blowing their 16-0 lead.

I saw tape of Allen struggling to read Div III Defenses At Wyoming.

Hopefully for you Allen has really upped his game, but accuracy is the most important attribute a QB can have.  I’m finally sold on that.  I love having the QB with the strong arm too, but in the NFL the windows are so tight that if you’re not accurate enough you’re most likely never going to win it all, and I think Allen still has much to prove in that department.  Also accuracy can not be taught.

I understand you being excited with your new QB having had a parade of some of the worst since Kelly.  Same way I feel about Darnold, because it’s virtually the same scenario.

Time will tell and if Allen does anything against Belichick you’ll really have a reason to crow, and I’ll be rooting for the Bills that day too.

These guys just started their careers, going to be a lot of exciting football coming from both of them.  The only reason I’d worry about Allen is due to the perceived accuracy issue, which is a big one, but he also has a world of physical talent I don’t deny that.

But trying to project a guy’s whole career off of one bad game is just stupid.  It’s even worse when you realize he is playing so much alone due to lack of talent around him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't going to the playoffs until we fire Cokehead Buschemi. Never seen coach more defeated than his players before the game is even over.  That was until Adam Gase coached this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not really. They still play dolphins twice, giants, cincy and skins. That could be 5 wins right there. 


They’d have to win all 5 PLUS get another W to get to 7-9. My point stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody want to start a betting pool on Gase lasting till then end of the season.  Hell.  It would give us something to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Anybody want to start a betting pool on Gase lasting till then end of the season.  Hell.  It would give us something to do.

I’ll take he stays. Don’t see Johnsons paying 3 HCs next year. I think final payment to Bowles is for next season. 2021 earliest time to move on from Gase imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’ll take he stays. Don’t see Johnsons paying 3 HCs next year. I think final payment to Bowles is for next season. 2021 earliest time to move on from Gase imho.

Eeesh.  Fan funded Billboards around Metlife before 2021!  I can see the future!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

With your schedule and a healthy Darnold we’d be 5-1 right now too. But we’d be smart enough to keep our mouths shut and stay out of enemy forums who’s members could see the truth. 


SAR I

The Jets are 1-5 and you're not smart enough to keep your mouth shut. Or spell whose.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


7-9 would be a f**king miracle, with Gase getting NFL Coach of the Year.

 

It’s funny at the beginning of the year they called me a “SOJF” for predicting 6-7 wins... Now with that prediction I have a new nickname “unbridled optimist!”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...