We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

One professional to another - this brand of low brow denial is beneath you. 

what we’re seeing is hardly just the result of injuries. There’s a lack of discipline, execution, adjustment and leadership across the board.

The team withstood as many injuries and illnesses as it could but there comes a time the frustration builds and the wheels come off the bus and then all bets are off.  We are at that juncture now.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Its funny you have no credible answers just excuses so what injuries cost us the dolphins and jags game? 

You are arguing with a SOJF.  After yesterday, they have been exposed for the fake fans they are.  Let him and his excuses go somewhere else.

We are agents of change.  SAR and the SOJFs will make excuses to keep Adam Gase and the rest of these clowns around.

I am leaving this thread and so should all of you.  The board is better then this.

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

injuries.jpg

These.  Either out or out for a lengthy period or back in dinged up.

SAR I

Haha please save it this hole thread you just needed darnold back and he would fix the issues just say you're wrong man. Darnold is regressing Gase literally lost a locker room the quickest ive ever seen a coach do and its just injuries. You got nothing but if we were healthy fyi 31 other teams wish the same thing and dont get it and they deal

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The team withstood as many injuries and illnesses as it could but there comes a time the frustration builds and the wheels come off the bus and then all bets are off.  We are at that juncture now.

SAR I

As a grown ass man and family provider - you know that’s BS as much as I do. Expectations change dramatically when injuries occur.  That’s not what we’re seeing. This is system failure at fundamental levels that good leadership overcomes in a regular basis 

54 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Darnold is regressing Gase literally lost a locker room the quickest ive ever seen a coach do and its just injuries. You got nothing but if we were healthy fyi 31 other teams wish the same thing and dont get it and they deal

Darnold isn't regressing.  He is getting physically abused by a pourous offensive line.  Big difference.

Gase hasn't lost the locker room.  Not a peep from Florham Park today.

If we weren't bitten by the illness/injury bug this badly and this frequently, we'd be 4-4 right now and set up to make a run.  But without the impact free agents we signed, with an OL full of backups and players out of position, and down to our 6th MLB, we are dead in the water.  Titanic was a great ship but too many hits to too many bulkheads and she sank like a rock.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

As a grown ass man and family provider - you know that’s BS as much as I do. Expectations change dramatically when injuries occur.  That’s not what we’re seeing. This is system failure at fundamental levels that good leadership overcomes in a regular basis 

There comes a time, like after your 25th injury, that "next man up" is nothing but a cliche.

We are a good team that just got whipped by the Dolphins.  If we were healthy, I'd be with you on the Gase bashing machine.  We're not healthy.  We're a shipwreck.  A coach can't coach high school players and win NFL games.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There comes a time, like after your 25th injury, that "next man up" is nothing but a cliche.

We are a good team that just got whipped by the Dolphins.  If we were healthy, I'd be with you on the Gase bashing machine.  We're not healthy.  We're a shipwreck.  A coach can't coach high school players and win NFL games.

SAR I

Yes they can. The dolphins are literally 80% UDFAs and they beat us. No one here can even name a single starter on their OLINE. We (somehow) have more talent on OUR roster but you wouldn’t know it. 

Yet, they’ve gotten marginally better week after week, showed up to play, and at least try to scheme to their talent

wake up, man. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes they can. The dolphins are literally 80% UDFAs and they beat us. No one here can even name a single starter on their OLINE. We (somehow) have more talent on OUR roster but you wouldn’t know it. 

Yet, they’ve gotten marginally better week after week, showed up to play, and at least try to scheme to their talent

wake up, man. 

The Dolphins had the better quarterback.  We know Fitz.  When he gets hot, he gets hot.

The story of yesterday's game was our pathetic defense.  But no one wants to talk about that.  Gregg Williams should be run out of town based on how the D played yesterday but no, there are manic fans who want to promote him to head coach.  Unreal.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/nfl_32for32103119/biggest-week-9-injury-questions-all-32-nfl-teams-latest-adam-thielen-sterling-shepard

SAR I,

The Jets are suffering from injuries, got it, but what about the rest of the NFL?  Every team is injured.  The difference between the Jets and the rest of the NFL is not injuries, its lack of quality coaching.  You game plan based on the strengths of the players you have.  Gase has failed to do that.  It falls on him.  He needs to figure out how to get the best from the players he has.  The Jets are not the least talented team in the NFL, they just lost to that team.  This loss falls strictly on Gase because he is the head coach.  If a coordinator is not maximizing his roster, Gase needs to provide feedback and guidance, that is what a head coach does.  Next Man up is not a cliche.  It is reality every year in the NFL.  The teams that make it to the playoffs manage their injuries and get the best from the players they have.  I'm so tired of hearing that we keep losing because of injuries.  Even when we were healthy week one, we lost.  Somehow when we were injured we found a way to beat the Cowboys.  

I'm not saying this roster is loaded, but we should not be a 1-7 team either.  We have a weak schedule the remaining way out, there are no excuses to lose week after week.

To say that Fitzpatrick is a better quarterback is not accurate.  We know Fitzpatrick, which means we should know how to beat him.  Our schemes played right into his hands.  We made it too easy for him.  Why didn't we adjust?  He was tearing us apart up the middle, that falls on a lack of making the right adjustments...getting the right players in position to make plays based on what Fitz was doing.  There were so many examples of bad coaching, like using your time outs when the game is over.   

The Dolphins adjusted and pretty much shut us down.  Crowder, Bell etc were all neutralized.  Sam was being abused the whole game.  

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Dolphins had the better quarterback.  We know Fitz.  When he gets hot, he gets hot.

The story of yesterday's game was our pathetic defense.  But no one wants to talk about that.  Gregg Williams should be run out of town based on how the D played yesterday but no, there are manic fans who want to promote him to head coach.  Unreal.

SAR I

How nice it must be to disregard a whole post of facts and truths with “they had Fitz..” 

the dolphins have a lesser roster than our injured one. They played harder/better/faster/hungrier 

pull your head out of yer Ass. 

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

How nice it must be to disregard a whole post of facts and truths with “they had Fitz..” 

the dolphins have a lesser roster than our injured one. They played harder/better/faster/hungrier 

Exactly.  The Jets roster on Sunday was way better than the Dolphins, who shipped all of their stars to other teams.  The Dolphins front office has to be pissed that their plan to tank was slightly diluted by a team that is supposed to be trying to win.  If I were the Dolphins, I'd sit Fitz.  He is too much of a liability and will most likely win at least one more game for the Phins....against the Jets.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Cool story and exactly the excuse I expected when Jets didn't follow your laughable playoff run prediction. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I am aware of the popular narrative, thanks.

The roster is paper-thin and we have been hit with an insane amount of injuries and illnesses.  You can't judge a franchise quarterback or a head coach under these circumstances.  I'm sorry the same old "injuries" line is boring to you.  I'm sorry that you and thousands of other fans want a new narrative.  None of our players have come back.  So, sorry, it's the same old story.  Injuries ruined the season.  Not only from a wins and losses standpoint, but also our ability to judge the team that was built back in August.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

wake up, man. 

Where is this talent on our roster this week?  I'm not talking about the August roster.  I'm talking about the November roster. 

And these so-called "better players than Miami"?  Where?  Like Jamal Adams who personally has allowed 4 of the last 5 TD's scored against his team?  Quinnen Williams perhaps, the invisible man?  

The Jets and Dolphins had the same crappy roster on the field but the Dolphins had a better quarterback.  So they won.  Not a surprise.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The roster is paper-thin and we have been hit with an insane amount of injuries and illnesses.  You can't judge a franchise quarterback or a head coach under these circumstances.  I'm sorry the same old "injuries" line is boring to you.  I'm sorry that you and thousands of other fans want a new narrative.  None of our players have come back.  So, sorry, it's the same old story.  Injuries ruined the season.  Not only from a wins and losses standpoint, but also our ability to judge the team that was built back in August.

SAR I

They should probably fire the coach just for all the injuries. Maybe he is working them out the wrong way.

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Where is this talent on our roster this week?  I'm not talking about the August roster.  I'm talking about the November roster. 

And these so-called "better players than Miami"?  Where?  Like Jamal Adams who personally has allowed 4 of the last 5 TD's scored against his team?  Quinnen Williams perhaps, the invisible man?  

The Jets and Dolphins had the same crappy roster on the field but the Dolphins had a better quarterback.  So they won.  Not a surprise.

SAR I

But you just ready to clown the Bills for allowing the Dolphins being competitive. Remember just 2 weeks you had the Dolphins down as a win as part of your playoff run. You claim that the Bills only beat bums but the Jets just lost to the worst team in the league in almost blowout fashion. 

You just always talk out of both sides of your mouth and you making the rational Jets fans look bad bro. STOP IT SAR I. Remember you are controlling wins/ loses yourself

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

And you think Gase and Douglas know how to fix a roster?

Douglas looked at Kaare Vedvik and was like “oh I gotta have that”

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

The roster is paper-thin and we have been hit with an insane amount of injuries and illnesses.  You can't judge a franchise quarterback or a head coach under these circumstances.  

What are you talking about -- you ABSOLUTELY can... that's when good management and leaders show their stuff. I expect this kind of linear thinking from the nosebleeders - but youre a successful grown man who deals with real people in the business world with real problems... 

You gotta be sh*tting me. You've given the wrong answer at every turn of this conversation.

• We have more talent on our roster (even injured) than MIA does.... so scrap that argument
  • we lost to a team in full tank mode. Think about that. 
  • MIA won not because of Fitz. Or more talent. Not a chance... They won because
  • They played harder, smarter, better and more organized
  • They had a gameplan and executed that plan

These are the circumstances that good coaches and leaders show their stuff.....  You're telling me we can only judge a coach when everything is going well and they roster is inflated with MVPs?   I can coach a W out of a roster under those conditions

You're wrong. Completely and categorically. 

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sam darnold, crowder, anderson, bell, thomas offensive qb guru adam gase and we put up 0 15 18 last three games explain just on the offense our core guys we signed are on the field what happened 

Why are you guys trying to have rational discussions with Same Old SAR?  We have moved on from this.  The Dolphins loss opened our eyes.  

Posters like SAR have been outed as the real SOJF.  He is using positivity, blind homerism an unknowlegeable football takes to poison your mind and make you think this franchise is headed in the right direction with the right leader.

This is dangerous for the board.  We are at a cross roads now.  We are agents of change.  Bantering with posters like Same Old SAR shows that you as a poster has not yet become enlightened.  Do not entertain any of this SOJF thinking.  This franchise is not ok.  Injuries are not an excuse.  Adam Gase is not a good coach.

We are better then this thread.  We must move on an unite as one force hell bent on ridding our beloved Jets of Adam Gase.  Any post in this thread moving forward is a step back for all of us.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And you think Gase and Douglas know how to fix a roster?

Douglas looked at Kaare Vedvik and was like “oh I gotta have that”

No, I don't know that.  That's what this offseason is for.  For them to prove that they can build a competitive team, starting with the offensive line and then on to legitimate WR's and CB's.  We need depth everywhere. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

What are you talking about -- you ABSOLUTELY can... that's when good management and leaders show their stuff. I expect this kind of linear thinking from the nosebleeders - but youre a successful grown man who deals with real people in the business world with real problems... 

You gotta be sh*tting me. You've given the wrong answer at every turn of this conversation.

• We have more talent on our roster (even injured) than MIA does.... so scrap that argument
  • we lost to a team in full tank mode. Think about that. 
  • MIA won not because of Fitz. Or more talent. Not a chance... They won because
  • They played harder, smarter, better and more organized
  • They had a gameplan and executed that plan

These are the circumstances that good coaches and leaders show their stuff.....  You're telling me we can only judge a coach when everything is going well and they roster is inflated with MVPs?   I can coach a W out of a roster under those conditions

You're wrong. Completely and categorically. 

If we only had a few minor injuries I would agree with you completely.  But we are decimated at OL, LB, and for half the season QB. 

You, like so many others, are bored.  Bored of the postgame shows, bored of the current narrative.  So you're inventing a new one.  I'm sorry it's boring.  I'm sorry its not exciting.  It's what it is:  We are too injured to even put a competitive team on the field, so its impossible to judge our head coach.  If he loses the locker room, different story.  That hasn't happened yet.  So stop the whining.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Sam darnold, crowder, anderson, bell, thomas offensive qb guru adam gase and we put up 0 15 18 last three games explain just on the offense our core guys we signed are on the field what happened 

We have 1 player on the OL playing his natural position that was an assumed starter at the beginning of the season.

You know that cliche you've heard since you were 10 years old that goes "you need to build an offense around an offensive line"?  Well here we are.  Many of you under the age of 30 have no comprehension of what a bad Jets OL looks like because we haven't had one.  We went from one Hall Of Famer (Mawae) straight into another borderline Hall Of Famer (Mangold) and the other pieces around both centers.  This is what it looks like when you have nothing at OL.  You can't run, you can't pass.  You just suck.  Give me the best OL in the NFL and this very Jets team would be 6-2 right now.  Same talent everywhere else but no OL?  1-7.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why are you guys trying to have rational discussions with Same Old SAR?  We have moved on from this.  The Dolphins loss opened our eyes.  

Posters like SAR have been outed as the real SOJF.  He is using positivity, blind homerism an unknowlegeable football takes to poison your mind and make you think this franchise is headed in the right direction with the right leader.

Did any of you ever think you'd see a day where you saw this written about SAR?

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we only had a few minor injuries I would agree with you completely.  But we are decimated at OL, LB, and for half the season QB. 

You, like so many others, are bored.  Bored of the postgame shows, bored of the current narrative.  So you're inventing a new one.  I'm sorry it's boring.  I'm sorry its not exciting.  It's what it is:  We are too injured to even put a competitive team on the field, so its impossible to judge our head coach.  If he loses the locker room, different story.  That hasn't happened yet.  So stop the whining.

SAR I

Just stop. Stop with the excuse, stop with the pomposity, stop buying up your own bullsh*t. I’m not your assistant, or the junior partner who’ll take you at your word. 
the injuries can explain our record, but not the manner we achieved said record. It’s not about winning or losing, it’s about execution and effort. If that effort is enough for you, then I feel sorry for your wife on anniversary night. 

D547D317-DD06-4CFB-9DA3-B09E1A2741AC.jpeg

This team has ill equipped coaches and leaders. Maybe they’d fair better in fairer weather but this is NY and we need balls and bravery. There’s none to be found presently. 

• Sympathy 1